Summer and Forever

The Jonas cabin, a scary story and a breakdown

“You can come and sleep in my cabin.” Kevin said when we were outside again. I looked at him in surprise.

“Aren’t you under that purity thing? I mean I really like you and all but I don’t think I want to-”

“I meant take the couch or the spare bed.” He rolled his eyes.

“Oh. Oops.” I blushed. He grinned and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“Joe and Nick will be there too. It won’t be anything inappropriate.”

“Kay.” I grabbed my things and moved into the Jonas’s cabin straight after dinner. When Joe noticed Melina looking a bit lonely he invited her too.

“You can keep her company and help protect our reputation and our little Sarai.” He ruffled my hair and tried to pretend he was so much older then me when he was really my age. I shoved him off. Melina looked a lot happier about that so we both moved in.

“You can set up in here.” Kevin showed us to a room with two beds. It was as big as our original cabin but with only us to occupy it. It was great. “Thanks so much.” I said gratefully. Kevin responded by kissing me on the side of the head.

“Have a good sleep.”

“You too.”
***
“How serious are you guys?” Melina asked me after Kevin had shut the door to the room.

“We’ve only been together…like…a day.”

“Sometimes people just click. You two seem to gel pretty good together.”

“Thanks. What’s going on with you though?”

“What do you mean?”

“Which guy are you after?”

She grinned slightly. “I like Joe. I thought you knew that.”

“Oh yeah.” I laughed. “How’s that going?”

“No where. I don’t expect it to either.”

I shrugged. “Alright. If you say so.”

She threw her pillow at me and missed by four feet. “I’m uncoordinated and you have bad aim. What a weird pair of friends we make.”

“Not to mention you look like a skunk.” She giggled.

“Hey!” I protested.

“Seriously though, why do you die your hair with white streaks? It looks good but what inspired you to do that?”

“I didn’t dye it!” I laughed.

“It’s natural?”

“Yup.”

“Bull.”

“I swear on Kevin Jonas’s life that it is natural.” Her eyes widened and then she laughed evilly.

“I’m going to go and kill your boyfriend then.” We giggled helplessly.

“So how’d you get them?”

“It’s a scary story.”

“Oh do tell.” We turned out the lights and sat on the bed.

“I’m warning you it’s not nice though.”

She sighed. “Just tell the story Sarai.”

“Alright, alright. It was three years ago. I had a twin brother named Jordan. He developed depression and battled it constantly. One day we were home alone and I realized that Jordan was missing. I went to look for him and I went into the garage. The door shut behind me because of the wind and locked me in the dark. I was scared and all and then I bumped into someone soft. I couldn’t make out what it was except that it was human. When my eyes adjusted I realized that Jordan had hung himself.”

Melina gasped. “Oh my god Sarai!”

“Anyway, I freaked out. I was locked in alone in the dark with a corpse. When the parents finally came home and pulled me out I had white streaks in my hair from the fear. They’re permanent.”

There was a silence at the end of my story. “I’m so sorry.” Melina said sadly.

“Me too. He was a good brother.” The mood was now sad and dark. I didn’t want to sleep like that.

“Let’s go see if the Jonas boys have any goodies hiding in their pantry.” I said suddenly.

“Do you think we’re allowed?”

“If they’re all asleep they won’t know will they?” I said in a mock evil tone.

She began to giggle and we crept outside of the room. The landscape of the cottage was unfamiliar and we often bumped into things, giggling each time.

The pantry had original chips and numerous cans of coke. I grabbed one can and the bag of chips. Melina grabbed another coke and we attempted to make our way back to our room.

***

“GAR!” A sudden dark shadow jumped out at me and tackled me to the ground.

Despite myself I screamed and completely froze. Melina screamed along with me and over the top of us a maniacal laughter filled the room. Joe Jonas.

I lay breathing hard and tried to regain my composure. The light flicked on and a very angry version of Nick and Kevin Jonas stormed into the room.

“Why the hell are you two screaming?” Nick roared. “We’re trying to SLEEP!”

They both blinked when they saw me on the floor in a defense position while Joe Jonas was rolling on the floor laughing. Melina had tears streaming down her face from the shock.
I didn’t know whether she was laughing or crying because of my story. I had freaked us both out.

“What did you do to them?” Kevin demanded. He pulled Joe off me and gently helped me to my feet. “You alright Sarai? You’re as white as a ghost.”

That was all it took to make Melina break down completely. She began sobbing loudly and shaking. Joe was no longer laughing.

“Melina? Mel? I’m sorry. I heard you guys come out and I thought it would be funny…”

Joe trailed off helplessly as he looked at Kevin, Nick and I for support. I pulled away from Kevin and grabbed Melina’s shoulders.

“Mel? It’s not going to happen to you. I’m sorry I freaked you out.”

“No it’s not that.” She sobbed. “I scare really easily.” She began crying harder.

Joe looked completely panicked now. “I’m sorry!” He kept repeating. Nick just looked tired
and confused.

“Go to bed.” I said to the brothers. “I’ll take care of her.” Nick nodded and went to bed. Kevin
looked indecisive and Joe was rooted to the spot.

“Just go.”

“You’ll be alright?” Kevin mouthed. I nodded. He left and dragged Joe after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha Melina scares so easily :D