Summer and Forever

Ear drums are a-bursting

Nick and Joe left the room to give me and Kevin some privacy while I made this call.

I dialled the numbers i knew so well and waited.

They didn't answer on the first few rings.

I began to relax and looked up at Kevin to grin and tell him the wonderful news but suddenly the phone was picked up.

"Hello?" I recognized my mother's voice instantly.

"Hey mum...its me."

"Sarai! Oh darling what's the matter? Has your father sent you an upsetting letter? Is your boyfriend being nasty to you?"

I took a deep breath. Kevin tightened his arms around me and kissed the side of my head to support me. "I was thinking..."

"Oh?"

"Well...I'm going to live with my boyfriend and his family. I can't take home life anymore. You and Dad can bitch it out between you about the house and all. I just don't want to be a part of it."

"You ungrateful little bitch. After all we've done for you, you go and shack up with some boy? Are you pregnant? You're a little fucking slut you know that? A LITTLE FUCKING SLUT!"

I began to shake with the force of the anger emanting from the phone. There was silence on the other side of the phone and then... "WELL GO THEN! GO YOU LITTLE WHORE! NEVER COME BACK! NEVER COME BACK! YOU DIED ON THE DAY MY BABY DIED! YOU CAN GO TO HELL WHERE JORDAN IS! BE SURE TO SEND ME A POSTCARD AND DON'T COME CRYING TO ME WHEN YOUR BOYFRIEND RAPES YOU IN AN ALLEY AND LEAVE YOU FOR DEAD! YOU'RE A LITTLE WHORE! YOU'RE A LITTLE WHORE! YOU'RE A LITTLE-"

I cut her off and let the phone fall to the ground. Kevin had heard everything, I knew. He just stood there motionlessly in shock. I clenched my fists and turned around to hit him in the chest.

"Are you happy now?" I yelled at him. He didn't block my punches as my fists beat him mercilessly. "ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?" I yelled louder.

Finally he caught my wrists in his big hands and just stood there, holding them. One of his arms snuck around my waist and i resisted as he pulled me to him. "No! Get off me!" I yelled in my anger.

"Sshh." He soothed. He released my wrists and stroked a line between my shoulder blades. I stood there still as stone with silent tears falling down my face.

He kissed me lightly on the forehead and then pulled me tighter against him with his chin resting on the top of his head.

"I'm not a whore." I said quietly. He hugged me tighter and kissed my ear.

"You're not a whore Sari. You're my girl, you're not a whore." I burst into tears then and let him hold me. He softly stroked the side of my face while i cried and endlessly kissed my forehead until the tears didn't need to come anymore.

"Come on. We'll go pack and then you can sleep in the car ride home okay?"

I smiled weakly. "Home?"

"Yeah. You're coming home with me. It's going to be your home." He smiled at me and then picked me up bridal style. "Let me down." I laughed.

"I'll never let you go." he grinned back. The smile fell off his face and he adopted a more serious expression as he looked at me. "I won't let you go."
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go lovelies!