Status: Need comments my dears, need to know what you like or dislike. =)

I Told You I'm Fine

Welcome Home Cameron!

**Cam’s P.O.V. **

I am being released, today. I’ve been in the hospital for seven days! Today is Thursday. I’m really glad to be going home to the world of color.

“Are you ready?” asked the nurse.

I nodded my head. She looked at me for a moment and said, “Do you have a ride home? You won’t be able to drive for another week.”

I stared at her. Why didn’t she tell me this earlier? I grabbed my cell phone off the table next to my bed and dialed the first person I could think of. “Hello?” the voice answered.

“Hey, Haley, is that you?”

“Cam!” Haley nearly shouted into the phone.

“Yes?” I replied with a small laugh and a smile on my lips.

“I thought you would be on your way home by now, unless you forgot where you live.”

I scoffed into the phone, “Forgot where I live, never!” I heard her sweet laugh through the phone.

“What do you really need, then?”

“I need you-I mean, I need a ride home. I’m not able to drive yet,” I answered her in a rush.

“Oh, okay, I’ll be there in twenty minutes, because of the bus. Hope you don’t mind riding home on the bus.”

“Oh, actually, my grandma had them drop a rental car off here,” I told her, extremely great full that she didn’t seem to have heard my slipup.

“And you’re going to have me drive it?”

“I trust you Haley.”

“Alright, I’ll be there shortly.”

“Thanks, Haley!”

“No problem.”

“See you soon, bye.”

“Bye.”

I looked up at the nurse who had been staring at me curiously the entire time, kind of annoying really. “Alright then, let’s get you on your feet,” she said, finally. I tried hard to stand but I kept falling, my legs were weak from days in bed. Eventually, the nurse gave up, or as she put it, let me rest. I glanced over at the clock; it had taken fifteen, minutes of twenty. My anxiety grew with anticipation of seeing Haley. The nurse sighed and said, “I’m going to check on some of my other patients, if you need a wheelchair, just press the button and someone will bring you one.”

I nodded and she disappeared behind the door. I laid back on the bed in exhaustion. Though I’m tired, I am very happy because I get to see my Haley, my Haley! Just thinking about her makes me feel all mushy, but of course I can never let that show, the guys would eat me alive. I miss her, a lot. Well, now, I know what Romeo felt about Juliet. It was a chance meeting that was becoming love. It’s really rather funny how Haley and I are similar to Romeo and Juliet, except Haley is a damsel in distress. I peered over at the clock, two minutes have passed. I feel as if I am going to die of waiting for her. This place seriously needs some color, its way too white. A smile creeps onto my face as I think of how Haley would color all over this place or perhaps she would write on them instead. I became lost in thought, thinking of all the pictures and stories she would put on the walls.

“Cameron?”

“Haley?” I ask, not having noticed her enter. She was standing just inside the room. “Haley!” I nearly shouted before jumping up, running over to her, and hugging her. She started giggling. I felt my legs go weak and my knees gave out, I collapsed into her arms, catching her off guard. She was quick to react and catch me before I hit the floor. She pulled me close to her to keep me on my feet.

“Cam, are you okay?’ she asked, looking directly into my eyes as if peering into my very soul, my very essence of life.

“Yup, I’m good, just a little weaker than usual,” I said, not letting her go. “Are you okay?”

“Cam,” she wined, “you’ve been in the hospital for a week and you’re asking if I’m okay!”

“Are you?” I asked intent on receiving an answer.

“I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“I told you I’m fine,” she muttered as we headed to the elevator. She still held me close to make sure I didn’t fall. I looked at her face and shook my head, she was lying, again. She’ll never be fine until she escapes her nightmare of a home.

We went down the elevator in silence. I could smell coke-a-cola on her breath, sweet and sugary. I smiled as I took in her appearance more closely, she was wearing her usual long sleeved black jacket with stripes on the arms and a broken zipper and a pair of dark denim jeans that were starting to attain holes in the knees. Her hands felt smooth on my skin. I couldn’t stand not hearing her voice but before I could say anything, Haley spoke. “I’m sorry, Cam,” she sighed. “I shouldn’t have made a big deal out of such a simple question. It’s perfectly normal for you to ask it, we haven’t talked in almost a week.”

I nodded my head and she smiled, a little. We walked out of the elevator and outside the building. She helped me sit on a bench and I handed her the rental car keys. She took them and with a smile, pressed the panic button as she entered the parking lot, scaring a few people leaving. She found the car, a 2009 atomic blue Honda civic with a spoiler on the back. I heard the car stop ‘panicking’ and waited for Haley to pick me up. A few moments later, she pulled up in front of the building, got out of the car and gently helped me climb in. She buckled me up with a smile. Haley then, shut my door, walked over to the driver’s side, climbed in, buckled up, and started the car. We started off towards my home in a soothing and comfortable silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! Please!