Status: In Progress

Love Me Tender

Franny. . . Frandy. . .

[Elvis' POV]

I kissed the woman lying beside me before getting out of bed. I quickly threw on a pair of underpants and a shirt. Those words . . . "Love Me Tender". . . I had to get down to my piano. I walked quickly through the hallways of my home until I reached the room I was looking for. I grabbed a blank piece of sheet music. I found the notes I'd sang a few minutes earlier in my bedroom on the piano in front of me an jotted them down on the music staff.

It didn't take long until I'd completed the song.

"LOREIGH!" I yelled, hoping she would hear me. I wanted to play the song for her. It was she afterall, that had first spoken the words.

She entered the room. "Yes, Elvis?"

"Listen here, honey." She sat on the piano bench beside me and I began playing the song for her.

"Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so."

I looked over at Loreigh as I played, already having memorized the music. I watched her as she watched me. This song was for her. She was my muse. It could only be God that sent her to me. I glanced back at the music as I started the second verse.

"Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin I love you,
And I always will.

Love me tender,
Love me long,
Take me to your heart.
For it's there that I belong,
And well never part.

Love me tender,
Love me dear,
Tell me you are mine.
Ill be yours through all the years,
Till the end of time."

When the song was over, Loreigh took my hands in her's and squeezed them gently. She had tears in her eyes.

"Why you cryin', baby?"

"It's. . . perfect."

"You gave me the inspiration. You did say the words that gave the song it's title 'Love Me Tender'."

She smiled so bright, I thought it would outshine the sun.

Just then, one of the maids walked into the room and began dusting a shelf.

"Good mornin, Franny."

"Morning, sir."

"Woman, how many times I said I ain't no sir?"

Loreigh had a confused look about her. "Franny. . .", she whispered, " Frandy. . . oh my God. Frandy! Elvis I remember!"

"Remember what, darlin?"

"Frandy. She was my best friend. She was so smart, an inventor. . . she made. . ."

Her face paled.

"Oh, you'd never believe me. You'll think I'm crazy." she said.

"I could never think that about you."

"Elvis, I think I'm from the future. . ."