Perfection Doesn't Exist

+&.8

I opened my door with Chloe hot on my heels and let her jump up on my bed. I smiled at the cute little puppy and walked into my bathroom to take a shower. I got out and let the steam envelope me before padding out to my room to get some clothes. The smell of my peach shampoo was diffusing throughout the entire room, and it was making me smile. I turned on my iPod speakers and let whatever song I left off on play through the room. It was Take This to Heart by Mayday Parade. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of my favorite jeans and threw on a white tank top and my black Paint the Town sweatshirt from Glamour Kills. I blow dried my hair and threw it up into a messy bun, put on some make up and walked back into my room. I kissed the top of Chloe’s head and shut the door, walking out to meet Nikki in the living room.

“Ready?” I asked her. She was dressed in a pair of skinnies, a cute pair of metallic silver flats, and a black t-shirt with a silver heart on it. Her hair looked like mine and I remembered why we were such good friends. I laughed and pointed to my head and then hers. “Twins!” I exclaimed and she laughed too.

“Come on, lets go.” We walked out after giving Chloe a goodbye kiss and jumped in my Cobalt. I drove into Baltimore and parked behind Rams Head.

“What are you doing?” she asked me, confused. Our original plan was I was going to drop her off. But, I thought of something and was parking behind the venue.

I shrugged. “I need to make sure my uncle’s okay and doesn’t need any help.”

Nikki shrugged and I followed her out of the vehicle and into the venue. I found my uncle quickly. The bad part was he was talking to Matt. I frowned and walked over anyways. “Hey Uncle John,” I said not really acknowledging Matt.

My uncle smiled and hugged me. “Hey sweet niece of mine. I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever.”

I laughed. “It hasn’t been that long. I just stopped by to see if you needed anything.”

John thought for a minute but then shook his head. “I think everything’s in order.”

I nodded and gave Matt one last pointed look. My uncle patted my back and walked away. Matt finally spoke. “I thought you weren’t coming,” he said shortly.

I shrugged. “I dropped off Nikki and so I figured I’d make sure no one needed anything.”

Matt shook his head. “We don’t need anything, so you can leave.” Matt’s eyes looked like they were trying to say something else, but his voice was final.

I wasn’t going to lie; his statement hurt. “Fine,” I said, turned on my heel, and left, trying to push back the tears that had suddenly showed up at Matt’s harsh tone.

I left Rams Head as soon as possible and headed into Baltimore to do some shopping. I wasn’t having much luck when I decided to slip across the street to a little coffee shop where the smell of the fresh coffee was cutting through the bitter cold Baltimore air.
I slipped inside and looked at the menu tacked up on the wall behind the counter. Someone was in line, so I stood patiently behind them, trying to decide what to get. Finally, they turned around and almost ran right into me with their fresh cup of coffee. He looked up before he could slam into me though, and I figured out who the mystery man was.

“Rian, you need to pay more attention to where you’re going.”

Rian laughed. “Sorry Jess; I didn’t see you there.”

“It’s fine. What are you doing here though?” I asked him curiously, ignoring the rumbling demands for coffee coming from my stomach.

Rian laughed, obviously at my stomach, and gestured for the counter. “Order, and then we can talk. I have a while.”

I nodded and walked up to the counter. “Um, what do you suggest?” I asked the barista after she asked me what I would like.

She chuckled. “Our mocha is really good.”

I smiled. “I’ll take one as big as you have.”

She nodded and got me my coffee; I paid, and went to sit with Rian at a table in the corner.
“So what are you doing here? I could have sworn I saw you down at Rams Head, or did I not?” I asked him taking a sip of the excellent smelling coffee.

Rian nodded. “No, that was me. I just love the coffee here so much, so I left to come get some. I don’t technically have to be back there for another…” he trailed off and snuck a peak at his phone. “I don’t have to be there for another half hour, or so.”

I nodded. “Oh, okay,” I told him, taking another sip of coffee.

“So what happened with you and Matt that had you basically crying?”

I frowned. “What?” I asked him, my tone flat.

Rian shrugged. “I don’t know why, but when you walked away from where you had been talking to your uncle and maybe Matt, you looked like you were going to cry. What happened?”

I sighed and leaned back into my chair. “I was kind of hoping no one saw that,” I mumbled.
“Yeah, well I did. Jess, do you like Flyzik?”

I paled instantly. “The thought never even crossed my mind, Rian!”

He shrugged. “You seemed so upset; in fact, you still kind of do. And when I brought up Matt, you got sad. I just wondered, that’s all.”

I stopped for a minute. Rian couldn’t be right, could he? I shook my head. “No way, Ri. I’m just upset that he’s being so… weird, that’s all.”

Rian shrugged. “Whatever you say. Are you coming back to the show?”

I shook my head. “No, I’m taking a break from you guys.” Rian laughed and gave me a hug, we exchanged goodbyes, and then he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm starting to grow skeptical about this story. I didn't get ANY new comments for chapter seven. I have 14 subscribers; I would enjoy seeing 14 new comments everytime I updated, or at least /one/ new comment. Please guys? I wont stop updating if I dont get any feedback, but it is nice to get.
<3