‹ Prequel: Jamie's New Life

Jamie's New Love

Chapter 1

“Mom please?” my son, Jimmy, begged me.
“No. I’m going alone. But I’ll get you an autograph.” I said.
“Just make sure you get Pete’s before anyone else.” he said.
“I promise. Now, I have to go, I’ll see you in the morning.” I said, grabbing my jacket on the way out. I was headed for a Fall Out Boy concert. I had won backstage passes on a contest on the radio and front row tickets as well.

Now, before I go any farther, let me introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my life. My name is Jamie Dirnt. When I was ten years old, I was adopted by Mike Dirnt from Green Day. He rescued me, along with Billie Joe, from my step dad’s house. I was beat a lot. My step dad, Mark, died on the way tot he hospital. Mike took me out of my old school and enrolled me in a new one. I befriended four great guys. Their names were Pete Wentz, Patrick Stump, Andy Hurley, and Joe Trohman. They became my best friends within two day. When I was nineteen, they all moved to Chicago and I stayed in Oakland with my dad. I missed them so much. I could never find their forwarding addresses though, no matter how much I spent on trying to find them. And now, after eight years, I’m finally going to see them again. I wonder if they will remember me or not. I sure remember them.

I was at the concert and the last song began. It was XO, my favorite one out of them all.

I comb the crowd and pick you out
My mouth moves too fast for you to figure it out
It starts eyes closed to fingers crossed
“To I swear, I say”
To hands between legs, to “whatever it takes”
To drinks at the club to the bar
To the keys to your car
To hotel stares/stairs to the emergency exit door

To the love, I left my conscience pressed
Between the pages of the Bible in the drawer
“What did it ever do for me” I say
It never calls me when I'm down
Love never wanted me
But I took it anyway
Put your ear to the speaker
And choose awe or sympathy
But never both

Last time “I hoped you choked
And crashed your car”
Hey “tear catcher”, that's all that you are
And ever were
From the startI swear, I say
To the “love” I left my conscience pressed
Through the keyhole I watched you dress
Kiss and tell
(Loose lips sink ships)

I sang every line. Patrick glanced down and got a ‘holy shit! It’s you!’ look in his eyes. I remember his soft arms. I remember them cradling me. Hugging me, helping me. I miss them.
“Thank You Everyone! Hope to see you soon!” he yelled into the microphone as the guys left the stage. I headed to the side of the stage.
“Miss, are you Jamie Dirnt?” the manager asked.
“Yes, can I go see Patrick now?” I asked, excited to feel his strength once again.
“Straight down the hall. They are waiting.” he said, pointing down the hall.
I ran down the hall. I saw the back of Patrick.
“Patrick!” I yelled.
He turned around and I jumped into his arms.
“Hello.” he said, confused as he caught me.
“Don’t you remember me?” I asked, letting go of him.
“I do.” Joe said.
“Joe, let him answer.” I whispered.
“Yeah, I saw you from the stage. I can’t remember your name.” he said, scratching his head.
“Joe, go ahead and tell him.” I said.
Then, before Joe could answer, Pete walked in.
“Hey Pete.” I said casually.
“Oh....My....God!” he said, wide eyed.
“What?” I asked, like I had known him my whole life.
“I can’t believe it’s you.” he said.
“Who is she?” Patrick asked, still scratching his head.
“You don’t remember?” Pete asked in amazement.
“I can’t think of her name.” he defended.
“It’s Jamie!” he yelled at him.
“That’s it.” he said,
All I could do was laugh.
“Give me hug.” Pete said, putting his bass down and walking over to me with his arms spread wide open.
I hugged him and then let go.
“How you been?” he asked.
“Stressed.” I answered simply.
“Why?” Andy asked.
“Because I have two kids, a son and a daughter.” I answered.
“Oh.” Pete said sadly.
“My husband also just left right out of the blue and has filed divorce. I just finished that, so, I guess on my own now.” I replied.

“Oh Jamie, that bastard is out of his mind to leave you.” Patrick said, putting an arm around my shoulder, just like the old days.
“Thanks Patrick.” I said, pecking him on the cheek.
I looked over to Pete. He had jealousy in his eyes. I could always tell how he felt through his eyes, just like he could tell how I was feeling through my eyes.
“Pete, don’t be jealous.” I said, laughing.
He blushed. I always found Pete cute. They were all cute but I think I like Patrick the most. The only problem was that Pete liked me. He told me before he left for Chicago, but, that was eight years ago. Did he still feel the same way? Did I feel the same about Patrick? Now I was really confused.
“Hey Jamie, you want to go get some pizza and catch up?” Pete suggested
“Yeah, I’d love that. Oh, but before I forget, can you guys sign this poster for my son. He’ll kill me if I forget.” I laughed, then pulling out a poster of them. It was my son’s favorite.
They signed it and we snuck out the back, just like old times. When I broke curfew and had to sneak in. I never went out or dated any of them but I sure wanted to.
We reached Pete’s black SUV and we all climbed in.
“Pete, where are we going?” Joe asked.
“Cici’s Pizza. It’s never busy on Wednesdays. I should know. I’m a pizza freak when I’m in the mood for pizza.” he said. He wasn’t lying. Whenever we were together and he was hungry on Wednesdays, we would always go get pizza. I miss those days.
“Hey guys, do you ever miss the old days? When it was just us?” I asked out the blue.
“I do.” Pete replied quickly
“So do I.” Patrick followed.
“We do too.” Joe said for him and Andy.
“I sure do. No responsibility. No kids, just Us. No cameras.” I said, sighing.
“Jamie, if you’re blaming yourself for this, don’t. It’s not your fault that we became a band made big. It’s our fault. We never wrote you or anything.” Pete said from the front of the car.
“I don’t know if I’m blaming myself or not.” I said, confused.
“Well don’t.” Patrick whispered into my ear, then pecking me on the cheek. I was getting the feeling that he wanted to be with me.