‹ Prequel: Jamie's New Life

Jamie's New Love

Chapter 2

“We’re here.” Pete said, hopping out of the car.
“Come on.” Patrick said, taking my hand and tugging me out the door to the SUV.
“I’m coming. I’m coming.” I assured.

We sat at the very back table, Pete’s favorite.
“Can I help you?” the waitress asked?
“Yeah. Can we get a large cheese pizza please?” Pete asked.
“Sure. Drinks?” she asked again.
Pete looked at all of us.
“All pepsi.” I order. She wrote it down and walked into the kitchen.
“How did you know what we wanted?” Pete asked in amazement.
“I remember the old day a lot, I can remember a lot. I think about it. I miss you guys so much, all I can do is remember.” I said, looking him the eyes. He had beautiful hazel eyes.
“We all missed you.” Patrick said.
I smiled then looked at Pete. He wasn’t looking at me, he was looking at his menu.
“Pete, we already ordered.” I said.
“Oh yeah.” Pete replied, putting the menu away.
“Pete, can you come with me for a sec?” I asked.
“Sure.” he said, confused. He and I stood up and walked out the door of the parlor.
“Jamie, is something wrong?” he asked worryingly.
“Yeah, I think you are jealous.” I answered.
“What? Of you and Patrick?” he asked.
“Yeah, remember, I could always read you by your eyes.” I said in a small laugh and smile.
“I always could do the same to you. I think I lost it though.” he said, dropping his smile.
“Pete, I’m really confused. Think you love me. I think I love you and Patrick. I can tell Patrick loves me. I’m so confused.” I said, going to hug him.
He wrapped his arms around me. He was so strong yet so gentle. I remember the feeling of Patrick’s arms. They were soft, strong, and gentle. I miss the feeling of being loved. I wanted to be loved by these two. I just need to decide which one. Two best friends, one me.
I let go of him and looked him in the eyes. He was happy, sad, jealous, and everything else.
“I always loved you.” he said before he turned to go back inside.
“Pete?” I said sadly.
“What?” he asked, spinning around.
I ran up to him, jumped into his arms. I kissed him square on the lips. My tongue begged for entrance. He gave in and slipped his tongue as well. The kiss was so passionate. I was in paradise. We broke apart and looked into each other eyes. He was so happy.

Pete’s POV

We looked each other in the eyes. She was guilty and happy at the same time.
“Jamie, don’t feel guilty. You and Patrick aren’t going out. So, do you want to go to the movies tomorrow? Chicago was our stop on the tour.” I asked.
“Pete. I don’t know. I’m just really confused right now. But I don’t want to lose you guys a second time. I don’t know what to do.” She said, sadly, looking at the ground then to me.
“I promise, you will never lose us again. I don’t want to put you through that pain again.” I promised, kissing her again. It was passionate once again. I loved her.
We broke and walked back into the parlor. The pizza had arrived. I sat down and took a piece.
“Is everything okay?” Andy asked.
“Yeah.” she and I said together. That made her blush.
I looked at Patrick and he was kind of mixed, angry, confused, sad, happy, all in the same look. Everyone could read each other by their eyes so there was no use in hiding anything.

We finished the pizza and I paid the bill.
“Jamie, can I talk to you before we leave?” Patrick asked.
Jamie’s POV

I looked at Pete and then to Patrick again.
“Sure.” I answered simply.
We went around the corner to the back of the building.
“Patrick?” I asked.
“Jamie, do you love Pete?” he asked straight out.
“I don’t know Patrick. I love him. He loves me. I love you. You love me. I’m confused. There is only one of me and I have to choose between two of my best friends.” I said, obviously stressed out.
“Jamie, I love you no matter who you choose. There has always been just two things I have ever wanted from you.” he said.
“What are those two things?” I asked
“A lifelong friendship and a kiss.” he replied.
“I can give you both.” I said.
He just smiled. My back was to the wall so he leaned in and kissed me very passionately. His tongue begged entrance. I opened my mouth and our tongues tangled. I softly nibbled his lower lip as he licked my top lip.
We broke apart and I looked into his soft emerald green eyes. He loved me so much. He had for a long time. I missed his comfort, love, warmth, and safeness of his arms.
I broke eye contact and walked around the corner.