‹ Prequel: Jamie's New Life

Jamie's New Love

Chapter 5

The next morning
Jamie’s POV

I woke up to the voice of Pete’s doctor.
“Miss Dirnt. Pete is awake and is asking for you.” he said.
“Okay.” I returned softly, trying not to wake the guys.

I got to Pete’s room and ran over to him.
“Hey.” he signaled. He couldn’t talk so we made up a hand language when we young so we could talk to each other and only we know what it was about.
“Hey.” I signaled.
He spread his arms open. That gave me the okay to hug him. I hugged him and he kissed my cheek as he hugged me. He was going to be okay.

Two months, Pete could talk. Since he could talk, he and the rest of the group was invited to appear on TRL. They said I could be in the audience. I called my dad and told everything. (Remember, Mike Dirnt is my dad).

“Hey daddy.” - Jamie
“Hey J.” - Mike
“Guess what.” - Jamie
“What?” - Mike
“I’m dating Pete and they will be on TRL on Friday so make sure you get the guys over and watch it. It’s on at 3:00 pm” - Jamie
“Oh, that’s great! And, I will be sure to have TRL on. I remember we first appeared on it.” - Mike
“Okay, I’ll talk to you later.” - Jamie.
“Okay, bye sweetie.” - Mike

I hung up the phone and went outside, where the guys were having a water fight. I had my bikini on so I didn’t get my clothes wet.
When I walked out, Pete stopped spraying the hose and looked at me.
“Pete, quit thinking about getting in my pants and let’s get this fight started.” I said, throwing a water balloon at him. That woke him up because he sprayed me with the hose.
“Pick on Jamie!” Pete yelled.
“Pete! NO!” I yelled at him.
“Yes!” he replied.
I hit a wet spot and fell on my back. Pete, Patrick, Andy, and Joe came over and dumped ten gallon buckets of water on me.
“I’ll kill you all so you better watch your backs.” I warned playfully.

The fight ended and we all went in and packed our bags for TRL. I packed only one suitcase, shoes, makeup, and clothes, all in one suitcase. Pete and everyone else were amazed.
“Jamie, how did you swing that? Can you pack my bag?” Pete asked.
“Not telling and no, I will not pack your bags.” I responded, then taking by bag out to the car.

Pete’s POV

We were about ready to go onto the stage for our interview. Jamie was in the audience. I was so stoked but so nervous. What if she said no? What if she said yes? What if she didn’t say anything? I hoped to the Holy Lord she would say yes.
“Okay, now, let me bring out my favorite band, Fall Out Boy.” Steven said.
That was our cue and we walked onto the stage. I smiled at Jamie on the way out.
“Hey guys. Come on over to the window and say to the people who didn’t get here in time.” he said, taking us to the window.
There were at least two hundred people, screaming their heads off.

We walked back to the middle of the stage.
“So Pete, there is a rumor you are in a new relationship.” he reported.
“That’s right. Her name is Jamie Dirnt and she is in the audience.” I answered.
“Then why don’t we bring her out?” Steven asked.
“I’ll be right back.” I said, then getting up and going over to the audience.
They all freaked, all except Jamie. They were touching my hair, clothes, and one even tried to kiss me. Jamie took care of her. She slapped her upside the head.

We sat down together with the rest of the guys and Steven.
“So Jamie, how long have you known Pete?” he asked.
“Since I was adopted when I was ten.” she answered.
“Okay, and could you please repeat your last name?” he asked her.
“My dad is Mike Dirnt. My last name is Dirnt.” she answered.
“And, how long have you been serious with Pete?” he asked.
“About four months.” she answered. It was about time to pop it.
“Pete, right before the show, you asked me if you could asked Jamie a question. What is it?” he asked me. He already knew but I was going to asked Jamie.
I held the microphone as I pulled Jamie up as I stood up.
“Jamie, even though you and I have only been serious for about four months, you know I love you and we have been through a lot. There is a very important question I would like to ask you.” I said to her, looking her in the eyes.
I got down on one knee and popped the question.
“Jamie, will you marry me?” I asked.
Tears were welled up in her eyes.
She nodded her head.
“Pete.... Yes, I would love to share the rest of my life with you.” she said through happy tears.
“YES!” I yelled, leaping up and hugging her like I had never before.
I slid the ring onto her finger and finished the deal with a tender kiss on the lips.

Jamie sat with us the rest of the show. We ended up playing a song to end the show. It was ‘Sugar, We’re Going Down’. I wrote it for her before I move to Chicago with the guys. I never showed her. I never told her.

My life continued. It was great. I had two step children and planning to have a kid of my own soon. I had the guys and the band. I had the love of my life. Jamie was happy. She was a lawyer. She moved into my house and we also got a dog for the kids.

The End