Sequel: Harder Than You Know
Status: Finished

Lipstick Has a Way of Leaving More Than Just a Mark on My Sheets

Cleaning Up The Mess That You Made.

Alex's POV.

Jack was beyond pissed at me when I went to sleep, and had punched me in the cheek once. I couldn't blame him though, I would do the same in his position. I awoke earlier than normal, and Addison's curtain was still pulled shut. She was always the first up, so I must be early. I walked to the fridge to get a drink, and noticed a note on the door. It read...

First, I want to say I'm sorry for everything. I fucked up, alot.

To Michaela, I couldn't think you anymore for being there for me. I might call you at some point, but don't be surprised if I don't. I love you more than anything, don't doubt that at all.

Zack and Rian, you two are amazing. I'm sorry I was a bitch sometimes. And Zack, thanks for helping me prank the guys.

Jack. I'm extremely sorry for hurting you. I never meant to, you mean everything to me. I love you more than I love myself, and it kills me to know that I hurt you in the slightest bit. Please, I hope you find it in your heart to forgive Alex. sometime. Lord knows you need each other.

And finally, Alex. This wouldn't had happened if you didn't use a loofah bar, and hadn't walked out in just a towel the first day I came. I'm sorry I did this to you, you don't deserve to lose your best friend over his stupid sister. I love you, remember that.

I'm sorry for leaving like this, you don't know how hard it really is. Maybe, we'll someday meet again. Hopefully not, seeing how much pain I've caused you guys. Please, don't let this intefer with the band. The music is greater than this, you guys are going far.


I put the note down on the counter, in shock. Theres no way she was gone, there couldn't be. I ran back to her bunk, jerking the curtain back.

Empty.

I climbed in the bunk, tears falling from my eyes, and leaned my back against the wall. I grab the pillow, and put it behind my head. A green notebook sat there, it's hiding place now discovered. Being curious, I flipped it opened and started going through it. It had poems, pictures, and other random things. I stopped on a page, that looked to be with lyrics. I began reading it, more tears falling from my eyes when I read over that one line.

Lipstick has a way of leaving more than just a mark on my sheets,
coloring my senses cherry red; at least for this week...
Kisses under starry night skies, talked about in song,
we play along, so bitter sweet by our design.
I'm sick and tired of writing songs about you,
This is it, this is the end...

Take off your makeup and put down the camera,
choke on the drama that makes me want to,
tear up the pictures, the pages you've saved,
creating a life of trends and make believe...

I've got no place in my heart for a criminal like you to dwell,
in this endeavor, make this last forever...
I'm just delirious,
You can't be serious,
You're so infamous for leaving me a mess...

Take off your makeup, put down the camera,
choke on the drama that makes me want to,
tear up the pictures and pages you've saved,
creating a life of trends and make believe...

She gets what she wants and she breaks what she gets,
get out while you can or she'll tear you to pieces
"Are you having a good time sweetheart?"

Take off your makeup, put down the camera,
choke on the drama that makes me want to,
tear up the pictures and pages you've saved,
creating a life of trends and make believe...

Carry on home,
I'll be waiting miles and miles away,
leaving you to be forever seventeen,
cleaning up the messes that you've made.


I tore the page from the notebook, folded it up and put it in my bunk. I grabbed the note from the fridge, and also Addison notebook, and awoke Michaela. I handed her both of the when she rose. Her eyes overflowed with tears, and nearly jumped on Jack. He went into a frantic search, trying to find her.

She was gone, for good.
♠ ♠ ♠
i didn't write that song, all rights to all time low.

dammnnn, i'm sad. seriously, i loved writing this:\
but you know what! im happy that i got so many new comments, from new people! :D

i have the sequel out, just not a chapter =p
we started school back today, taking creative writing.
so hopefully my stuff will get better?

and thanks to everyone who comments/subscribed to this. it makes me extremely happy.
and michaela! for letting me use her in this story ;D she's the best.
do me a favor and sub. to the sequel! :D
much love--x