A Simple Love Story. Not!

Revenge is Sweet

“Girls! Shush!” I whispered yelled at the three giggling girls behind me, trying to contain my giggle as well.

I was a little bit upset with myself for going along with Joe’s midnight dip, only because I completely forgot about mine and the girls plan of waking up the boys at 6 AM to get them back for yesterday morning. Then again, it is vacation, and you’re not supposed to sleep. You’re supposed to have fun, and boy oh boy, this was going to be fun.

“Liz, go get his camera.” I ordered after I successfully opened the boys door and seeing they were all asleep still.

She quickly and quietly walked across the room on her tip toes to the small circular table in the corner and grabbed Kevin’s camera while giving me the thumbs up, and myself, Ally and Duckie all entered the room further.

“Ok….1...2”

“Wait!” Duckie cut me off from my countdown. “What song are we singing again?”

“It Happens Every Time, by Dream Street. Come on Duckie. You picked the damn song!” I scolded her from my spot as fierce and as quiet as I could at the moment.

“Oh yeah….” she said and then started to giggle again while I rolled my eyes at her.

Joe rolled over in his sleep, causing all of us to take in an gasp of surprise of possibly getting caught before doing anything, but when he simply snuggled into his pillow, so damn cute, and a small smile coming across his face, we were in the clear.

“Ok, are we good?” I asked, while looking at the girls.

Liz was still standing in the corner with the camera pointing towards the beds as best as she could while Ally, Duckie and myself were spread out between the two beds.

“Ok, 1...”

“Wait!” Ally sounded, cutting me off yet again and this time Liz let out a frustrated sigh along with myself.

For being so giggly and excited about doing this, they were taking all the fun out of it with their stopping.

“What?!” I asked while glaring at her, but she simply pointed towards the door and then started to make her way towards it, Liz and I following after her and Duckie as quietly as possible.

After Liz shut the door, not completely, just to where the lock was resting on the door jam so it didn’t lock all the way, I turned around and snapped at them.

“What?!”

“Let’s do what Kevin does.” Ally simply stated, a smile on her face while Liz turned the camera off and I looked at her completely confused.

“What does he do?”

“Ya know how he talks to the camera? We should do that.” Ally explained while Duckie jumped up and down in her spot and clapped her hands while saying, “Yeah! Let’s do that!”

“Fine.” I quickly stated to get Duckie to stop making so much noise. “But we have to do it quick, between being out here and in there, one of them is bound to wake up from all the noise.”

They both seemed to be in their own little world once I said fine, and were giggling amongst each other as Liz turned the camera on and pointed it at them. But when they didn’t do anything except stare at the screen with dumb looks, I let out a groan and pointed the camera towards myself.

“So, it’s 6 in the morning on Wednesday and we’re on our way to give the boys their own personal wake up call. I must say, Revenge is Sweet.”

Liz laughed from behind the camera while Ally and Duckie giggled behind me, and I felt my anxiousness come back to me after all this talk of how to do it.

We all slowly entered into the room, Liz going back in the corner to get the best view of both beds while Ally, Duckie and myself stood between the beds.

“Get a shot of the boys before we start singing.” I whispered as loudly as I could to her, since she was taping us setting ourselves up. I watched her have the camera stay on each boy for about 5 seconds, except for Frankie. Frankie was on the top bunk so she did a quick flash up towards the top, even though none of us could see him, before pointing the camera back to me and giving me a thumbs up.

“Ok…1...wait. We’re good now right?” I asked, hoping and praying that they wouldn’t interrupt me again. And luckily, when the both stifled their laughter and nodded their heads I started counting again.

“Ok, 1, 2, 3!” and on 3 we all started singing obnoxiously loud, “It Happens Every Time” causing Frankie to sit up straight in his bed, pillow flying out of his hand and landing on Nick’s back, since he was laying on his stomach. Joe shot up from underneath his covers, a pillow in his hand as if he was going to beat his attackers to death with it, and Kevin jumped and rolled off the side of the bed, landing with a soft thump. And Nick, well,…Nick was still asleep. I wasn’t sure how he was, seeing as we were practically screaming and then having Frankie’s pillow land on him, but he somehow still was.

“How?!” Kevin’s voice sounded from the ground once all of us girls laughter died down a little bit. “Could you do that to us?”

“Hey, you woke us up yesterday…it’s called revenge Kev.” Duckie explained with a smirk on her face while he got himself up off of the floor and adjusted his clothes and hair.

“But Joe and I weren’t a part of it, why did you have to wake us up?” Frankie whined from the top bunk as he slowly made his way down to stand next to Duckie.

“Well, you guys are like a package deal. Sorry little guy.” I stated and went over to him to give him a hug. He was practically asleep standing, it was so cute.

“I can’t believe he’s still asleep.” Liz sounded from the corner in front of Kevin and pointing at Nick. I hadn’t even noticed that she put the camera down and Kevin made his way over to her. I was too busy paying attention to Frankie.

Poor Sleepy Guy.

I actually felt a little bad for waking him up.

“He sleeps through anything.” Joe said through his yawn before getting up out of his bed and giving me a quick good morning hug before turning to Frankie. “But there’s always one thing that wakes him.” he said with a smirk and before any of us could protest, Joe and Frankie jumped onto Kevin’s side of the bed and started jumping around, making Nick fall off the bed and land on the ground, waking up.

Ally ran over to him, trying to stifle her laugh from his scared expression on his face while he asked what was going on.

“Good Morning!” Joe called from the bed before jumping off and looking down at his confused brother.

“Catch me Joe! I’m a plane!” Frankie yelled and then jumped onto Joe’s back as he ran around the room while making plane noises.

We all laughed a little bit for a few seconds and then burst into laughter when Joe tripped and fell. Luckily, he fell into Kevin and Nick’s bed so neither of them got hurt. But our laughing was put to a stop when we heard Mr. Jonas yell through the connected door for us to settle down.

We all cast our eyes down to the ground and slowly looked to the door, as if he was standing right there while we muttered a quiet ‘sorry’ under our breaths and all finding places to sit.

Joe, Duckie, Frankie and myself all laid on Joe’s bed while Nick was leaning against his bed’s bed frame while Ally sit in between his legs. Kevin and Liz were seated in a chair, Liz sitting on his lap.

A few seconds of silence passed by until Kevin yelled, “Oh!” and then turned to Liz with a bit goofy smile on his face. “Happy 4 months Sweetheart!” He gave Liz a hug around the waist before kissing the back of her neck while she smiled widely before turning around in his lap and kissing his cheek.

“Has it really been 4 months already?”

“Yep…4 amazing months!” Kevin stated and hugged her to him again, snuggling his face into her back while she giggled at his affection.

If they weren’t so cute together, I would be rolling my eyes and making gagging noises, but like I said, they were so cute together. But Joe on the other hand, well, he was making the gagging noises and rolling his eyes.

“What’s the matter with you?” I asked him while shoving his leg since I was laying next to him, but a little lower and that was the closest thing for me to shove.

“Nothing, it’s just…who celebrates their 4 months? 1 month is understandable and 6 months is a given, but 4? It’s right in the middle.” he stated while grabbing a pillow and hugging it to himself.

“They do!” I screeched at him while sitting up. “They never get to see each other an-”

“And it’s our first anniversary together, so we’re celebrating!” Kevin finished it up for me while I turned my head towards Joe and nodded once to solidify what Kevin said.

Joe just rolled his eyes again and I lightly smacked him with my pillow I was using.

“You’re just jealous.” Nick mumbled under his breath while hugging Ally to him and burying his head into her hair.

“Jealous? Why would I be jealous?” Joe countered Nick’s comment and I noticed Nick’s eyes get a little bit bigger at Joe’s reaction. I’m sure he didn’t mean to say it that loud.

“You don’t have anyone to celebrate anything with. That’s why.” Nick shot back at him right away though. Something about his tone was more….I’m not sure. It wasn’t angry or anything, but there was more like…a ‘duh’ tone to it. And then he shot a look at Joe and then raised his eyebrows while looking at me before looking back at Joe.

This conversation just got a little bit more confusing…and I didn’t like that eye talking between Joe and Nick because right after Nick did that, Joe waved the air with a hand and said, “Shut up Nick. I have plenty of people to celebrate things with. I have you guys.”

Nick shook his head and let out a dejected sigh, as if saying he was going to give up on this conversation, but when the connecting door opened up and Mr. Jonas was standing there with an annoyed look on his face, we all immediately were quiet.

“What did I tell you?” the only adult in the room asked with a suppressed angry voice, probably to not wake up his sleeping wife.

“Sorry Dad.” Joe was the first to say.

I wondered if this was a daily occurrence or something. It’s not like Mr. Jonas looked directly at Joe, but Joe was the first to answer. Maybe it was always Joe making the noise and it was a reaction for Joe to apologize once his dad was in the room…..

“Just….” Mr. Jonas let out a loud sigh upon looking at his son whose head was hanging with shame. “Just be quiet. Ok?” he asked, his voice and face softening a little bit.

“Ok Dad.” Joe quickly said, his head popping up with a charming smile on his face.

His dad just shook his head and went to shut the door, but Kevin stopped him.

“Do you think it would be ok if Liz and I did our own thing today? It’s our 4 month anniversary and…” Joe again rolled his eyes and I, again, hit him with my pillow. Only this time Joe smiled widely at me before pulling me into his side and letting his arm drape over my shoulders. “And I want to celebrate with her seeing as how we haven’t been able to celebrate any of our anniversaries.”

“Yeah, and if Kevin gets a day with Liz, I want a full day with Ally. We never get to spend any time together.” Nick voiced up right as Kevin finished.

“Yeah, me too!” Joe joined in.

Everyone turned to look at him, or I should say, us, because I was wrapped around him right now. But they were all looking at him with confused faces from his input on who he would want alone time with….I was hoping that it was me…but, I wasn’t going to get my hopes up.

“Anyways…” Mr. Jonas stated, looking away from Joe with a confused look on his face.
“back to the couples of the room. Sure, just make sure you check in with me every…ya know what? How about we’ll just have it be couples day? That way I can have the day with your mother and I can surprise her or something.”

“It’s not really a surprise anymore, but that sounds wonderful.” a woman’s voice sounded from the other room and I bit back my small laugh when Mr. Jonas’s face turned a light tinge of pink from his ‘surprise’ being ruined already.

“Well it’s settled then. Couples day today. Just call and check in every 2 hours so I know you’re all ok. And that means you Joseph.” Mr. Jonas finished with a hard look towards Joe.

“Why are you singling me out?” Joe asked, his pushing off of me a little bit to sit up straighter in his bed and looking at his dad with wide eyes.

“Because you never call whenever you’re out.” Mr. Jonas snapped at him and then turned towards the rest of us with a small smile on his face, “Now with that settled, have fun today, and keep it down for a couple more hours.” and then he was gone.

“Well….” I was the first to speak. “Since us 4 don’t have a special someone, what do you guys want to do?”

All four of us, Duckie, Joe, Frankie and myself, all looked at each other with questioning faces on before Duckie suggested just hanging around the hotel.

“OR! We could go bungee jumping!” Joe quickly suggested after Duckie’s.

“I love that idea! Let’s do that!” I quickly added to Joes idea while he gave me a high-five. But the idea was short lived when Duckie pointed out that her and Frankie wouldn’t be able to do it since they weren’t 18 and didn’t have parental consent.

“Can we go to another park today instead?” Frankie asked while mine and Joe’s faces mirrored the other of having bungee jumping off of the table as quickly as it came.

“EPCOT!” Joe yelled almost a second later and then right after that, Mr. Jonas’s voice sounded through the door, “JOSEPH!”

“That wasn’t me!” he quickly shot back. “It was…it was Steph!” Joe finished and then hit me with a pillow.

“Hey!” I shot back at him while hitting him with a pillow in the face, which only caused him to laugh slightly.

“Maybe we should start getting ready before Dad kills Joe.” Kevin suggested while tapping Liz’s leg to get her to get up.

“Ok…so…” Liz stated while getting up, as the rest of us girls got up as well and started heading towards the door. “What should I wear today?” she asked, having her arms immediately wrap around Kevin’s neck as soon as he was standing up. His arms wrapping around her waist almost as fast.

“Clothes, duh!” Joe sounded from his bed, and then laughed at his own joke.

I simply rolled my eyes at him for what felt like the hundredth time already before going back to Kevin and Liz.

They were so cute, standing there discussing their anniversary plans for the first time, foreheads pushed together and smiles spread across their faces.

“Wear something comfortable. I’ll get you something to wear for tonight.” Kevin finally answered, but Liz said that he didn’t have to get her anything, she could get it herself and was about to turn away from him to get ready for their day together, but he grabbed her and pulled her into him, giving her a hard kiss. And after a few seconds, that hard kiss was turning into a make out session so I quickly walked out of the room while saying, “Let’s give them a couple minutes.”

“I totally one hundred percent agree with you!” Joe said while practically running to the door with everyone else.

Duckie said she was going to take a quick shower before getting dressed for whatever we were planning on doing today and then disappeared into our room, while the rest of us stood outside in the hallway to converse a little more.

“Can you believe it’s their 4 months? It feels like they’ve been dating longer.” I said with a smile stretched across my face. They made each other so happy, and they looked so perfect together. If I wasn’t happy for them, I would hate them right now because they had the one thing I wanted.

To be completely, head over heels in love.

Well, I was in love, but to be loved back was different. And I didn’t have that. Stupid Joe.

“I know. It’s crazy!” Nick said. “Kevin talks about her so much, it sounds like he wants to marry her tomorrow or something.” he finished with a laugh while grabbing Ally’s hand.

“Who knows, maybe one day they will.” Ally suggested while Frankie let out a, “Gross.” which made all of us laugh a little bit.

“And now, we have couples day….” Nick trailed off while giving Ally a quick peck on the cheek before giving her a kiss on the lips that lasted a little longer than it should have.

“Hey! We left them in there, we’ll leave you guys too!” Joe said while pulling Nick off of my sister while I smacked his shoulder.

“Leave them alone.” was all I was able to say before the door to the boys room opened and Liz and Kevin were standing there, cheesy smiles spread across their faces.

Liz seemed to be in somewhat of a daze, I wondered if that was the first time they ever made out before….otherwise, why would she be affected so much by it? But when she took one step out of the door, Kevin grabbed her arm and yanked her back towards him, giving her a hard kiss for a couple seconds. She let out a gasp as soon he was done and turned back towards his room to get ready with a smile across his face.

After it seemed like Liz was functioning a little bit more, she was able to make her way across the hallway to our room and slip inside while the rest of us in the hallway stared back at the door she went through.

“Well…” I started and then cleared my throat. “I guess I’ll go get ready. I’ll see you two later.” I stated and turned around towards the boys, bent down to give Frankie and hug and then went over to Joe who was still staring at the door with amazement.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face a couple times to get him to snap out of it, and once he did and he focused on me, a huge smile came onto his face.

“I’ll see you later Steph.” he simply said and then wrapped me up in his arms and lifted me off the floor a little bit, which caused me to giggle slightly from the surprise. He let out a small laugh with me before saying something quietly under his breath and then turning around and heading into his room with Frankie at his heels.

I stood there for a few seconds, staring at the boys door, with butterflies flying around in my stomach and my face stretched into a smile from Joe’s behavior. It wasn’t something unusual, but I could’ve sworn he mumbled, “So cute.” under his breath. But again, I’m not going to hopes up with thinking that too much.

And a hand was in front of my face, snapping it’s fingers and I snapped out of my little bliss filled memory and turned to look at Nick and Ally who were laughing under their breaths at my behavior.

“Shut up.” I quickly said and then pulled Nick into me for a hug. “And what just happened there, between your brother and Liz, none of that today. Got it? Or I’ll have your curls sent to ‘Locks of Love’.”

At the end of my statement, his eyes went wide while he let go of me to grab onto a fist full of his hair and look at me like a sad puppy. I let out a small laugh at that, and at my sister telling him that I was only kidding to get him to stop having a panic attack before I walked into our room to start getting ready.

When I entered it though, Liz was sitting on hers and Duckie’s bed, touching her lips lightly with a some clothes sitting next to her on the bed.

“What’s up Liz?” I asked her while making my way towards my drawers and pulled out some clothes for the day.

“Yay, uh huh.” was her response and I shook my head at her before letting out small laugh.

I think it really was their first time making out like that.

“Seriously Liz, what’s going on? You guys have kissed before…” I said, trailing off to see what she would tell me.

“He just…well….” she shook her head as if to get out of her reverie in order to form coherent sentences and then looked up at me before saying, “He’s…he’s never kissed me like that before. I mean, sure, we’ve made out a couple of times, but nothing like that….”

Damn it, I really thought I was onto something with it being their first time making out….

“Well, how was it different then from the other times?” I asked while taking a seat in front of her on my knees instead of standing up and looking down at her.

“I don’t know. I guess, it always seemed like he was so careful when kissing me. Like, he had to remind himself not to go too far or I might break like I’m glass or something. But this time, it was just….he went all out and didn’t hold anything back. And I loved it.” she finished with a smile on her face and then her cheeks turning a small pink from her confession.

It was cute to see her so….embarrassed I guess about admitting she liked him being more forward. I’ve never really had that problem though where my significant other was so much more…reserved. Andy had no problem showing me how he felt and all my other boyfriends before him never had a problem showing me either.

I sat there and thought for a few more seconds as Liz got up and started finishing on getting her outfit together when Ally walked through the door all dazed and eyes clouded over like Liz was a few moments ago.

What the hell are these boys doing to us today?

I shook my head and then quickly called shower when I heard Duckie turning it off and gathered up my clothes I was going to wear today while trying to avoid the two lovesick puppies that were sharing the room with me.

Once Duckie was out of the bathroom, I quickly shoved my way in and locked the door.

This was getting to crazy. First Liz, now Ally. I just really hope that it’s going to end with them and Duckie and I aren’t going to get put under a spell today too.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, I'm so sorry it took me so long. I know there's really no excuse, but things have been busy. With school, and starting a new job, it's really difficult trying to find time to sit down and write. So I'm sorry.

But thank you to those who have stuck around and waited for my butt to post! :)

Also, I would post for Decieve and It's Ok to Cry, but my sister took my laptop for the weekend and this was only chapter of any story I had on my jumpdrive...so I guess be happy for those of you who like this story. As soon as she gets home I'll see what I can do before the Packer Game comes on. lol

Anyways, please leave comments, it really motivates me to write faster, and thanks for reading this semi-long author's note. lol

Love you!
Steph