‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

One Foot Wrong

Chapter 27

Sam walked into the hospital room, she looked around the windows were drawn shut, no light coming into the room. On the bed laid out was Jo, with a hose coming out of her mouth, and a monitor next to her, letting out a steady beat. Her heart was beating at least.

Next to the bed was a chair and in it a little boy. He looked like a little boy, asleep his face tense from the worry. Sam placed the flowers on the window sill and opened the curtains. Light filtered through the room. Her eyes adjusted and she went next to Zacky placing her hand on his shoulder.

He shot out of the chair and looked at Jo, “Jo?” He said, but when she didn’t answer he sat back down and looked up at Sam. His eyes showing his pain more then his words could ever say.

“How is she?” Sam asked arranging the bed cover, she had to do something.

“I’ve been talking to her, well at her, she hasn’t stirred since they brought her in,” Zacky grabbed Jo’s hand and rubbed the back of it.

“I’m sure she’ll come out of it, she’ll be as good as new, same old Jo,” Sam said sitting at the foot of the bed. “You should go get some rest,” Sam said.

“No, I want to be here,” Zacky said looking at Jo, willing her with his mind to wake up.

“It’s not going to do you any good, if she wakes up and you look like hell, you’re going to scare her into another coma.” Sam chuckled and looked at Jo as if expecting her to laugh.

Zacky rubbed his chin, a shadow scratching his hand. He stood up and kissed Jo’s cheek, “I’ll be back as soon as I can,” he said then he kissed Sam and left the room.

“Dude what are you doing? You need to wake up,” Sam said shaking her head, “You’re scaring Brian and he’s not a very easily scary guy, what am I doing? I’m talking to you and you’re ignoring me intentionally, you’re a bitch you know that, we were supposed to celebrate and here you go and decided you want sleep. You should wake the fuck up,” Sam said sitting in the chair Zacky had left. She looked up and there stood a doctor with a smile on his face.

“Hello,” he said coming into the room, with a chart in his hand.

“I’m sorry,” Sam said looking down.

“Oh, don’t apologize if more members of the family talked like that to their injured they might wake up sooner. It helps them to be talked to as if they’re not hurt; their subconscious picks it up, speeding up the healing process.” He looked at Jo, then put down the chart and took out a flashlight, putting it into Jo’s eyes. Sam just watched, as he jotted some stuff down.

“It was a bike accident?” The doctor asked.

“Yes, she was racing,” Sam said, but she noticed his eyes brows rising.

“Not in the street, she’s a racer on the track, a newbie lost control and for her not to hurt him she veered into the wall,” Sam said feeling like she needed to defend Jo’s actions.

“Oh,” the doctor said simply. “Her face will get worse before it gets better.”

“What do you mean?” Sam asked as he was about to walk out of the room.

“The bruising has not started to set in, when it does, prepare yourself for a shock,” the doctor said as he handed the nurse the chart.

“Ok,” Sam said taking a deep breath. She went back into the room and sat down on the chair drawing up her knees under her chin. She wanted to go to sleep and wake up and everything would be back to normal.

She must have fallen asleep because the next sound she heard was the door open. In walked Jimmy and Johnny with a big bucket of flowers, Jimmy had a video camera in his hand, “Dude move I can’t see anything,” Jimmy said.

“What are you guys doing?” Sam asked moving her neck out of the stiff spot.

“We though to video tape her when she woke up,” Johnny sat down at the foot of the bed; he took a bag of liquorice out and started eating.

“They don’t know when she’s going to wake up,” Sam said looking at Jo’s face; she looked so peaceful and relaxed.

“Oh, that’s ok, I mean we can video tape shit so when she does wake up she hasn’t missed a thing,” Jimmy said pointing the camera at Sam, “What to tell her something?”

“I miss you,” Sam said and smiled.

“See that’s gold we can make a movie,” Johnny said thinking out loud.

They chatted about everything, the tour coming up, and how they were honestly thinking about cancelling it or postponing it. “Why?” Sam asked.

“Look you need Brian around and Zacky is a mess, now when I talked to Matt he sounded different,” Jimmy said.

“You told Matt?” Sam asked and Jimmy nodded, “I wish you hadn’t done that.”

“Why?” Johnny asked.

“Because if she wakes up tomorrow she’s going to be mad you made a fuss over everything, besides if she does wake up she’s going to pretend like nothing happened,” Sam said running a hand through her hair.

“He needed to know why we’re not going back anytime soon,” Johnny said.

“Ok, but it’s your heads,” Sam said. “Hear that Jo they made a big mistake, now you need to get the fuck up and kick their asses, and I get to watch I might even video tape it.”

“Oh, kinky, I knew there was a reason Brian liked you,” Jimmy said zooming in on Sam’s face.

“Jo, they’re picking on me, help,” Sam pleaded.

“Hey, I’m innocent,” Johnny said.

“Yeah, yeah that’s what they all say,” Sam threw a piece of liquorice at him.

“Hey no wasting food,” Jimmy yelled from behind the camera.

They all started laughing but they stopped since Jo had no said anything, Johnny took a piece of candy and placed it under her nose, “Dude can’t you smell it, it’s so gooooodddddd.”

Sam went and stood by the window a smile on her face. She looked down, “When did you talk to Matt?” she asked.

“Um, I talked to him about 8 hours ago or so, why?” Jimmy asked eating a piece of candy.

“He’s here?” Sam said looking into the room.

“No way,” Johnny said. No one said anything for about 10 minutes tension rising in the room. Then they heard a knock on the door and it opened, Matt’s frame blocking the light from the hallway.

“Way,” Jimmy said as Matt walked in.

“What happened?” Matt asked looking down at Jo.

“She got into a crash,” Sam said.

“I knew it was going to happen,” Matt ran a hand through his hair, he was unshaven and his clothes wrinkled from the plane ride.

“She was saving a kid’s life, so don’t go blaming her,” Sam screamed a little more then necessary.

“What are we going to do?” Matt asked as he paced the room a little, the he noticed the flowers in a bucket and raised an eye brow but then looked at Jimmy fiddling with the video camera and smiled.

“There’s only one thing we can do,” Sam said.

“What’s that?” Johnny asked.

“Wait, all we can do is wait, until she’s ready to come back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update
Enjoy
<3