Trinity Chord

01. Prelude 12/21

"Brendon Boyd Urie, I am tired of your bullshit!" a slightly red Keltie, Ryan's steady girlfriend, yelled to a very annoyed but relatively calm Brendon (no need for real introductions here, right?). "You seriously need to get something straight. Ryan is with me, and that little fling-gropefest-kissyface whatever you wanna call it that you have on stage is different, meaningless. And just what the hell are you doing here, anyway?" she barked, clearly not finished with Bren just yet. "You knew it was our 8 year anniversary... That's just it. You knew. I wouldn't be surprised if you sat at home and planned every chance possible to mess with us. Between your sessions of gay porn, of course."

Brendon's face twisted, but it was barely noticeable. He had learned to mask his emotions very well, but his eyes were what gave him away. Those deep, chocolate brown eyes, all shiny and wide, stared in Keltie's direction with mixed emotions. You could faintly see the hurt in them from her last comment. Keltie never did fully approve of Brendon's sexuality, but she put up with him, for Ryan, who had no problem whatsoever. "As a matter of fact, yes, I did know that today was special for you two. Which is why I am here. To actually congratulate you both, but after you bombarded me with your stuck-up bitch attitude, you ruined the perfect day." he spat back.

It was Ryan's turn to pipe in. With a loud groan, hands over his face, Ryan added to the conversation. "Brendon, I know you don't particularly like Keltie, but she is not a bitch, and was only asking you a few questions because she did want to spend the day alone with me." Keltie smiled in satisfaction, as Brendon shot Ryan a soft glare to his position on the couch. "And Keltie," he continued, "That comment was uncalled for."

"Heh." Brendon huffed under his breath. Keltie, somehow hearing the soft sound escape his lips, narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms.

"Now, will you two please stop this senseless bickering? For me?" Ryan begged, his hands on his lap now, as he shifted his eyes up to the fighting pair before him. His gaze moved from his girlfriend to his bandmate. They kept their stances, glaring hard at each other before they both nodded their heads silently. "Thank-you. Now, let's sit down...", cue Brendon and Keltie falling onto the couch on either side of Ryan, "And watch some mindless t.v." he finished while turning on the television and beginning to flip through the channels. Finally. he settled for an old re-run episode of 'Friends'.

~**~

All was quiet until Brendon got tired of the show they were currently watching, and reached over to grab the remote, which earned a slap on the hand from Keltie. "What the hell?! I just want to remote, this show blows!" Brendon squeaked, taking his hand back in hurt.

"Don't lie to me, Urie, I saw what you were doing." Keltie said, narrowing her eyes once again at him until they were mere slits. Brendon was about to protest, not having a clue what she was onto this time, but she kept on going. "You reached over into Ryan's lap, you sex-crazed-boyfriend-stealer!"

"What?? I was just-" Bren began, but soon no words could be understood as Keltie began to yell over him, causing Brendon to raise the tone of his voice, angry words lapping over each other.

"A'right, I cannot take this anymore!" Ryan said, shooting up from the couch, immediately causing Brendon and Keltie to stop in mid-sentence. "You two are intolerable at the moment. Babe, don't even start." he said, holding his hand up to Keltie as she opened her mouth to speak. "You two really need to sort out your problems with each other. And while you do that, I'm going to take a quick spin... Need to be able to breath without one of you screaming at the other about making moves on me." He progressed over to the door, quickly grabbing the keys off the hook, opening the door and closing it again. Bren and Keltie remained sitting there, blinking as an uneasy silence settled in, excluding the soft roar of the engine heard from outside as Ryan sped away. All that was heard was breathing, the ticking of a clock and an occasional rude whisper.

-inhale-

-tick-

B: "It's your fault he's gone."

-exhale-

-tick-

K: "Shut your face, Urie."

-inhale-

-tick-

-exhale-

-tick-

K: "When do you think he'll be back?"

-sigh-

B: "I dunno, but I'ma go raid your fridge right now."

And with that, he rose from his seated position and proceeded to slump over to the kitchen. Yanking the fridge door open, he scanned the contents of the fridge quickly, finding what he was searching for in under a minute. He pulled out a can of Red Bull and closed the door. Keltie watched him from the living room, lips pursed together. He opened it up, downing it within seconds and tossed the empty can into the recycling bin. Not really wanting to go back and sit beside the only thing that was keeping him from having the dream relationship he wanted with his RyRy, Brendon absent-mindedly pulled an activity book from the shelf, found a Sudoku puzzle, and began working on it... For what seemed like hours. Until Keltie came stumbling into the room.

"...Bren?" she said slowly, peering over Brendon's shoulder at his not-even-close-to-being-finished Sudoku puzzle. He grumbled something incoherent, furiously and seemingly very concentrated on erasing a column of numbers. "Don't mean to distract you, but... Ryro's been gone an awful long time... I'm worried. I feel like something's ha-.."

"Oh, please. I know Ryan, he'll be back. Now... Go knit or sew or whatever you women do for fun." he answered, sticking out his tongue slightly as he examined his puzzle... Eventually tearing out the page, crumpling it up and throwing it into the other recycling bin for paper. He stood up and turned around, surprised to see Keltie still standing there with a look upon her face that didn't read the early signs of an outburst. Her eyes were calm and slightly solemn. Sighing, he said, "Fiiine, I'll call his cell for you, just to prove that he IS alright and that your womanly senses are wrong." She nodded, and stepped out of the way so Brendon could glide over the land phone. Quickly dialling Ry's cell number, which he, of course, had memorized by heart, he loosely held the phone to his ear. He stared out the window, the sky now pitch black compared to the dull yellow it was only a half-an-hour ago. When Ryan was still there... 4 rings, 5 rings, 6, 7... "Odd..." Brendon muttered, his eyebrows furrowing together.

"What, what is it? Man, tell me!" Keltie shrieked, grabbing onto Brendon's arm and shaking it violently. Bren shoved her off and put the phone back onto the receiver.

"Geez, woman, chill the fuck out. Be hatin' on me, now you're grabbing my arm and whatnot... He didn't answer his cell. Maybe he didn't hear, I'll try again." he said, beginning to type in the numbers again, slowly. Keltie rolled her eyes and pushed him out of the way, grabbing the phone from him. "OUCH, you have claws!" he squealed, holding the hand that had been grasping the phone out in front of him, examining the scratches. While she tried to reach Ryan again, he wandered over to gaze outside once more. Apart from it still being black outside, there weren't too many lights lining the old roads here in Summerlin, except for the glow of the half moon up in the endless sky. He also noticed that it had began to rain... Quite hard, at that.

"..Hello?" he heard Keltie say breathlessly into the reciever. "Um, who is this?" Brendon ears tuned out the pattering of the rain on the window and keened in on the conversation, turning around. "Dr. Matthews?" she questioned. "This is Keltie Coleen. Where's Ryan, what happened to him, why am I speaking with a doctor?" she said all-too quickly. This time, it was Brendon's turn to feel that awful wrenching inside of him. I guess you could say his 'RyRo senses were tingling'. And all he could think was:

"Shit." he mumbled, watching Keltie's face crumble as this 'Dr. Matthews' spoke. She brought the phone down and placed it to her chest, muffling the sound of his voice. "What, what is it Keltie?" he said softly but impatiently. Her eyes remained fixated on the ground as Brendon continued to prod. "What the hell happened?"

"..................It's Ryan........." was all she said, barely above a whisper.

"Yes, yes, what about him?" he pushed, eyes wide and heart a-racin'.

"...There's been an accident."
♠ ♠ ♠
Prelude 12/21-AFI
& btw, this one will actually be finished, I'm planning on only making around 10 chapters for this one, a short story.