Trinity Chord

02. Saved by Strangers

The taxi pulled up to the hospital roughly 18 minutes after they had received the news about Ryan (thanks to Keltie tipping the cabbie 50 bucks for speeding). An exasperated and frantic Brendon climbed out of the front seat of the cab, and even more frantic and tear-stained Keltie hopped out from the backseat and began to race towards the hospital entrance, Brendon at her heels.The two burst through the doors, causing people seated in the waiting area to look up from the old fashion magazines they were reading in surprise and held-back interest. Out of breath, shaking and emotionally deranged, Keltie asked the woman at the front desk, "Ross, Ryan Ross, what room is he in, please tell me he's here!" The woman blinked from behind her purple-framed glasses from Keltie's demanding tone. She was about to answer when a loud noise was heard at the end of the next hallway, once again, catching everybodies attention.

A group of doctors and nurses were rushing a stretcher down the hallway, all talking that doctor nonsense. Brendon was the closest to them, and with one glance at the bloody, severly torn face halfway covered by blood-soaked white sheets, he knew who it was. He assumed Keltie knew as well, for she let out a heart-wrenching shriek, covering her mouth with her hands, eyes wide and on the verge of tearing up once more. Frozen to their spots, they could only watch as their dear friend was wheeled further and further down the white-walled hallway, unconsious and unaware of anything... Until reality set in once again, and Keltie, not thinking about anything except knowing every last detail on what happened to her RyBunny, sprinted after them, which in turn caused Brendon to run after her. Other doctors in occupied rooms were attentive to the scene; a stampede of authorized physicians, pushing a battered and broken Ryan Ross, followed by a distressed Keltie Coleen, and a set-faced and melancholic Brendon Urie. Catching up in a minute, Keltie grabbed the arm of one of the nurses, causing her to turn around, and breathed the question, "What the hell happened to my boyfriend?"

Slowing her pace, the nurse answered, "Car accident. Drunk driver hit him head on, from what we saw at the scene. We're also guessing because of the wet, small winding roads, and the pouding rain, your boyfriend, Mr. Ross, lost complete control after being hit, for we found his car down in the ditch." Squeaking a bit from the information she was now receiving, Keltie opened her mouth to ask what became of the other driver, but Nurse Robins, as her nametag read, answered before the question escaped her lips. "Not even a scratch on him."

Brendon joined into the conversation, pushing through between Keltie and Nurse Robins. "Dare I ask, but... What are the injuries?"

Sighing, the nurse began listing them off. "Well, as you can see, severe trauma to the face, neck and most of the upper body. He was hit pretty hard, probably happened within .5 of a second, absolutely no time to react whatsoever... Most likely didn't even see it coming, poor boy." she said, while looking down at the lifeless body on the stretcher. "In addition to that, one of his legs was trapped underneath the crushed metal of the car for who knows how long... He sure did suffer." she continued, whispering the last part. "He was drowsy when we found him... Cold as death."

Just as she had finished, they had apparently reached the destination in which they were driving Ryan to. Pulling him into yet another white-walled room, Keltie and Brendon tried to follow him inside, but were stopped when a tall, dark-haired doctor stood in front of them. "I'm sorry, but you cannot see Mr.Ross at this moment, Miss." he said in slight monotone. Mouth agape, Keltie went to protest, but paused when she noticed the nametag on his white coat, reading 'Dr.Matthews'.

"But, but-" she began, but was cut off when the white door was closed in her face. Brendon cringed, his gaze falling to look at Keltie. Lip quivering, tears falling and blinded by anger and fear, she began pouding on the door, screaming to get in. Before things got out of hand, Bren seized her and began to pull her away. Voice cracking, she continued her rant, "NOO!! I have to see Ryyyyy! FUCK OFF, URIE, let me go! Ryan! RYYYYYYYAN!!"

~**~

3 hours had passed since either have them had seen Ryan, and they were dealing with it in their own ways;

Brendon, the more calm and collected one in this whole shabang, was sitting down, head in his hands, elbows on his knees, and staring at the, you guessed it, white hospital floor. The many different possibilities of the crash played over before his eyes. Only one thing remained the same in each scenario: Ryan, desperate, helpless, alone, cold and barely alive, in a ditch. His leg trapped under the twisted metal body of the car. His beautiful face a mess, eyeliner running down his cheeks, mixing with the thick blood, his famous RyHawk deflated. His clothes shredded, exposing his deep wounds to the cold, cold air… He couldn’t ignore it, though the images were horrible. And he had yet to cry.

Keltie, on the other hand, was uncomfortably sleeping, as a result from all her kicking and screaming to get at Ryan. She, too, was dreaming about the accident, mumbling in her sleep. She had sure caused a scene, but now the hospital was empty, excluding the few nurses see every now and then.

There was only one thing both of them had in mind now: just how was Ryan himself doing?..

Ryan’s POV*

‘Car accident…Drunk driver…Injuries…Severe trauma…I’m sorry but you cannot see him…RYYYYYYYAN!’ Voices echoed and played dully over and over again in my head, like a broken record. I just wanted to sleep… I wanted it to be over with… The voices, the pain, oh, the pain…

Groaning, and with great effort, I managed to open my eyes, instantly regretting it, as I was overwhelmed with immense pain. It seemed to be coming from everywhere. Legs, chest, hands, head, even my nose and ears. I couldn’t move anything. All I could do was blink, and breath, and both those things were chores. It felt as though someone were choking me. My breathes came short and raspy, my vision cloudy. If my head didn’t hurt so much, questions would be bouncing off the walls of my brain, begging to be answered. Where was I, what happened on that icy road, where were Brendon and Keltie, I knew for damn sure that I had heard them…

A clicking sound forced me to silence my screaming thoughts. It came from the right side of whatever the hell I was laying on. Footsteps, quiet footsteps, walked to the left. I had begun to regain my sight, finally able to focus on… A white wall. My eyes wandered to find this person that had entered the room I was in. It was a young-looking nurse, short and partially hidden behind a big machine with numbers and dials and switches on it. She was looking for something… Checking up on me, perhaps? Seeing is how I just figured out I was in the hospital. Everything was quiet, excluding the beeping of the machine, and my delayed breathing. Without even giving me a true glance, she whisked past me at the foot of my bed, over to the door, while I watched her closely with my half-opened eyes. Her hand reached for the doorknob. She turned it slowly, and it caused me to open my mouth for the first time since awaking. “Excu-” I began, in a very soft and yet somehow hoarse voice, but the door closed once more, leaving me alone again. I coughed, around 15 times before calming down again. I didn’t want to be alone. I needed someone…… And the real person I needed right now… Was Brendon. I suddenly became uncomfortable, as I continued to long for that certain company, so I tried to shift my position ever so slightly. Bad idea. It sent shockwaves of torturous pain throughout my entire being, causing me to crash back down on the hospital bed. It brought tears to my eyes, this pain. I whimpered quietly to myself, trying not to cave… I was stronger than this, everyone knew that… But why did it matter? I was all alone, anyway… I sighed. I guess there was nothing I could do except wait. He’ll come to me.

Perhaps you’re wondering why I want to see my best friend more than my own loving girlfriend..? Well, seeing is how I’ll be here for quite a while… I’ll tell you it all, and you’ll know eventually.
♠ ♠ ♠
Saved by Strangers-Die Mannequin
comments are welcome, maybe even a few more subscribers?..word of mouth, please?? <3
*POV=PointOfView for those who didn't know...
Could I mayyybe have 2 more comments before I update again?^^