Trinity Chord

10. By Your Side

~*Return to 3rd Person*~

Keltie closed the door and leaned against it, her gaze on the ground.. Make that, the still smashed coffee cup on the ground. She still couldn’t believe what she had just said it that room, to Ryan, the man she still loved, and to Brendon, the man that had taken him away from her. It had been the right thing to do, she knew that. Ryan hadn’t been happy with her.. Sure, he put on a good act. But she knew Ryan’s eyes were always wandering over to the younger boy, secretly wishing to hold his hand instead of hers. She smiled. Smiled as she recalled the many times she had caught Ryan staring in his direction. Still to her surprise, she was not sad. For once, she was strong. She held her smile as she stepped over the broken glass, calmly making her way down the hallway, head held high. Reaching the end of the hall, she paused. She turned around, and set her gaze on that door for the last time. “Take good care of Ryan, Brendon. I trust you will.” she whispered to herself since he couldn’t hear her. With that, she continued to walk to the exit of the hospital, the relieving breeze hitting her face. She had let go, and now it was time for Ryan to grab onto this new love.

-Back in Brendon’s Room-

“Ryan?” Brendon murmured, his one hand entangled in the older boys short hair while his other rested around his waist. They had both managed to lay on the little hospital bed. Ryan was facing Brendon, their noses almost touching. Ryan’s eyes had begun to droop closed, but he wanted to fight the sleep that threatened to take over him so he could be with his new boyfriend. He didn’t like to seem so weak in front of Brendon, but he just couldn’t help it. Sleep seemed so nice right now..

“I- I’m awake, Bren.. Really.” Ryan mumbled, his words jumbled together. The younger boy just chuckled. He tilted his head up and set a delicate kiss on Ryan’s forehead.

“Go to sleep, baby.” Brendon said, stroking Ryan’s hair, helping him along into his slumber. “I’ll be right here when you wake up. I’m not leaving you for anybody, or anything. Now shh..” he cooed as he began to hum an unknown lullaby. Soon, he heard quiet snores coming from Ryan, and he smiled again. That’s when the line ‘it has to get worse before it gets better’ popped into his head. And it, for damn sure, had gotten better. Ryan was alive, Keltie was cool with it all and Brendon had gotten the boy of his dreams in the end. Fairytale ending, wouldn’t you say? As Brendon himself drifted off into a light sleep, he couldn’t help but to finally relax and truly smile again.

One Week Later

“Goodbye, stuffy hospital. Hello, outside world!” Ryan cheered as he basically leaped outside. The sunlight poured down on his pale face as he smiled to the sky. He was finally being released from the hospital, though his leg was still injured. But after all the begging and pleading, they had finally let him go. Brendon, grinning at Ryan’s happiness, walked out behind him. He turned around for a moment, seeing one of the nurses in the window, watching them leave. He brought his hand up and waved, earning a wave back. They continued their short journey to Brendon’s car, which he had minutes ago driven to the hospital. “Hurry up, Brenny, I wanna go home.” Ryan whined slightly, eager to be able to do things again. Bren just rolled his eyes and picked up the pace. He came up behind Ryan and gave him a tight hug. This earned a giggle from Ryan, who leaned back into the hug and stared at Brendon with big, sparkling eyes. Kissing his cheek, he uttered an ‘I love you so much’.

“I love you, too, babe. Now hop on over to the other side of the car so we can get out of here.” Brendon said, letting go of Ryan somewhat reluctantly. He obliged, yanking open the passenger door and, somewhat awkwardly getting into the car. When Brendon was in the car, he gave another glance at Ryan before putting the keys into the ignition, but stopped when he saw that Ryan was looking down, his eyes shielded by his bang. He had suddenly become quiet, his eyes wide. Brendon knew exactly what was wrong He leaned over and placed his arms around the guitarist. “Oh, Ryan.” he said softly, rubbing his back.

Ryan blinked back tears. “I’m scared, Brenny. I can still see everything that happened…” he said quietly, speaking into Brendon’s shoulder. “It was t-terrible.” he choked.

“I know, Ry, I know. But,” he said, pulling Ryan back so he could look him in the face, “I will not let anything ever happen to you.. Alright? I promise that with my life.” For once in his life, Brendon had been dead serious. He meant every word he had just said. Ryan nodded, his smile returning.

“Thank-you, Brendon. For everything.” Ryan whispered, and leaned in to place a soft kiss on the younger boy’s full lips. “Now let’s get home, shall we? We might even be able to catch the ending of the Saturday morning cartoon marathon.” he mused. Brendon joined him in a laugh. He turned the keys and the engine jumped to life. Brendon cast his eyes over to Ryan once again, and noticed that he seemed to be doing fine. As they pulled out of the parking space and onto the road that led to home, Brendon snaked one hand from the steering wheel to grasp Ryan’s hand that was laying in his lap. Both boys gave relieved, blissful smiles.

Picture. Perfect. Ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
By Your Side-Tokio Hotel
(I just realized I stopped doing that for a while xD)
Well, as you all just read.. It’s the end. :’(
Even I’m sad.
But all good things must come up an end, right..?



..Maybe : )
Perhaps a sequel could be written…
But that’s entirely up to the people.
Comment?
In the mean time, you should check out my other stories. ( Btw, I won’t update Dancing At The Disco until I get some comments :] )