Trinity Chord

09. Perfect

Brendon’s POV

‘Picture yourself on a boat on a river
With tangerine trees, and marmalade skies..’

I opened my eyes slowly, a drowsy feeling washing over me. Music hummed in my ears, but where it was coming from, I did not know. But it sure was comforting, as I recalled the depressing situation I was in. Soon, though, I realized I was sitting upright. And it was cold. Shivering, I gazed around me, my apparently new location setting in. We were moving. No, not completely literally. The vehicle I was now in was moving. When had I gotten into a car? I was so out of it, but I soon heard a familiar voice that I had thought I would never ever hear again.

“How do I tell her.. And how do I tell my best friend I’m suddenly in love with him?” Ryan’s unmistakable voice said softly. My head snapped to my left. Sitting there in the driver’s seat, was Ryan, with his hands calmly holding the steering wheel. He was staring straight ahead at the road ahead, those hazel eyes of his straining to see through the thick sheet of snow. “It’ll seem so.. Awkward coming from me all of a sudden. He’ll be suspicious, and figure out that either I had heard his conversation or Jon blabbed it to me.” It seemed as if he were talking to himself. I was confused as hell right about now. Wait - hold the phone. Ryan already knew I loved him? Jon, that son of a bitch.. I stopped when I realized I was playing out what Ryan had just said. He must have heard our conversation, then.. My heart sunk a little. I hadn’t wanted him to find out that way. But, I can’t change the past, now can I? “Do I really love him, though..? I mean, I’ve never loved a guy before. Why’s Brendon so special..” he continued to think aloud. With that, my face cleared of any expression. This was getting way out of hand for me.

“Ryan?” I said, head tilted to the side to observe his face. He just kept looking ahead, completely ignoring me. I brought a hand up and dared to wave it in front of his face. Not even a flinch. I guess it was safe to say I was invisible to him as I brought my hand back. Was I dreaming? I must be. But I guess it wasn’t all bad. I was in a car, with Ryan, alone. So I was happy. But what he had said.. All thoughts of that dropped as soon as he spoke again.

Scoffing, Ryan said, “What the hell am I saying? It’s Brendon. Everything about him is special. He’s the only one that makes me smile when I’m down. The one who knows all of my weaknesses, and knows when to play them out. He’s the one that always been there for me through thick and thin, even when I wasn’t there in return. I’m in love with everything about him.. I’m going to tell him that. As soon as I get back. Brendon’s getting a big, old kiss on the lips and an explanation following it.” My eyes went so wide I thought they’d pop out of my head. I felt my heart leap into my throat. I was at such a loss for words, though he couldn’t hear me, anyway. Then something clicked in my head. Ryan was driving, talking to himself about Keltie and I, and snow was falling. The sky was getting dark, too.. Oh my god. This was the night Ryan had the accident. These are the last moments my Ryro had before that drunken bastard scarred him for life. If only there was something I could do.. No, Brendon. Remember that this is only a dream. I felt as if I were going to burst into a crying fit. The idea of Ryan getting hurt still hadn’t settled with me, and it never would.

With a smile on his angelic face, he took one hand off of the steering wheel to change the song to ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’. He continued to smile like a fool as he sang along to the music, and I couldn’t help but feel a tug at my heart. I peeled my eyes off of him to look at the road again. There was no possible way Ryan could’ve seen him coming.. Then -

CRASH


“Noooooo!” I screamed, jumping upright, sweating and panting. My bang stuck to my forehead as small beads of sweat rolled down my face. In a haste, I brought my arm up and wiped it away with my sleeve. Gasping for air, I closed my eyes again and flopped back down on the less than comfortable bed. What a nightmare.. I couldn’t believe that Ryan had been a part of that, yet he still managed to seem so calm and composed. Just then I remembered Keltie. I looked around the small room, but she wasn’t there. I was alone. I sighed. What was I to do now? Ryan was slipping away, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. Never have I felt this helpless.. I had promised myself that I would never let anything happen to Ryan. You could say I’ve failed miserably in that area. “This is all my fault.” I whispered to obviously no one in particular. “I should have never started fighting with Keltie. It is what drove him away, isn’t it?”

“Don’t you dare blame yourself, Brendon.” came a strong, but at the same time weak male voice that made my heart stop. A voice that could only belong to -

“Ryan?” I croaked. Was I hearing things? My imagination must be going haywire. But when I brought my eyes over to the doorway.. There he stood. Bandages still holding him together, leaning against the doorframe. His eyes were red, and he looked as if he were going to break at any moment. “You’re alive?” I said in disbelief. This earned a sharp nod from him. He winced, obviously still in a lot of pain. I hopped off the bed when he walked further into the room, the door creaking shut behind him. “Ryan..” I whispered his name again, and threw my arms around him. He hugged back softly. “What the hell are you doing up?” I asked him when I pulled back from the hug, still in shock that he had made it out of his coma and he was up and walking around.

“I just h-had to come see you.. Brendon..” he said softly, his voice cracking. “Have to let you know.. H-How much I.. I love you.” He was fighting a break down, I could see it. But with all the strength he had, he pulled me close and attached his lips to mine. I knew this wasn’t good for him. He should be in bed. But the kiss.. Man, was it amazing..

~*Return to 3rd Person*~

“Thank god there’s a kitchenette here..” Keltie thought aloud, pouring herself some freshly made coffee into a white coffee cup. Her eyes were half closed as she poured the milk and sugar in. The fumes arising from the hot liquid woke her up a little, her dry, itchy eyes opening further. She hadn’t had anything since the accident, and it was getting to her. Nothing like coffee to get you going. She brought the cup to her lips and took a sip, letting it slide down her throat, warming her up inside. She figured she should return to the room soon, in case Brendon or Ryan woke up from their slumber. Her feet dragged on the ground, coffee in a hand as she made her way down the hallway. What would happen when Ryan - if Ryan - awoke? She knew there was something between him and Brendon.. She still did not want to believe it. She truly loved Ryan… But perhaps she was realizing that Brendon really was better for him than she could ever be. She contemplated this as she drew nearer and nearer to Brendon’s room.. Only to hear voices coming from it. Her walking sped up, and soon she was standing right outside the door. She looked in through the small window before even daring to enter. She saw Brendon, who seemed to be having an emotional conversation with someone she couldn’t see. And then she saw Ryan. She nearly dropped the coffee right out of her hand as a surprised squeak escaped her lips. Ryan was nearing Brendon quite quickly, and soon they were attached by the lips, kissing passionately. Her eyes remained glued to them, but she wasn’t very shocked at this. She had known there was more to those onstage antics than either of them led on. But her grip soon became weak, and the cup smashed into a million pieces on the floor.

The two boys jumped, still in each other’s arms. They both looked to the door almost at the same time, to see Keltie’s unreadable expression through the glass. Neither of them knew that to do as she looked down at the spilled coffee, and proceeded to walk into the room. The nurses would get it, right?

“K-Keltie, I-” Brendon began, speaking before either her or Ryan could, but Keltie held up her hand quietly and Brendon stopped.

“It’s alright, Bren. It’s alright. I’m not mad. I’m.. happy. I mean, Ryan’s alive,” she said, choking on the last part, “And this..” she pointed to the two of them, still in each other’s hold, “Is completely fine with me. Ryan deserves to have you, Brendon. I know that. So don’t bother explaining anything.” She smiled, surprised that no tears were brimming her eyes. “We’re cool.”

And before either of them could say anything, she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Perfect-Flyleaf
awww! Thanks for the comments about the last chapter guys : )
They made me feel sooo good inside. haha
Since I had no school again today, I decided to update. Yeah, you guys made me feel that good lol
It's getting near the end of the road... : )
Please check out my stories (Yes, self-advertisement X.X)
Hide And Seek
Dancing At The Disco
Show Us Your Smile
It's alll Rydon.. : )