Status: Active

A Day in Bridgend

The Beginning

‘We’re going to Bridgend?!’ I shouted making a few people jump and everyone in the crowded corridor turn to look at me. I ignored them. I was now too ecstatic to care.
‘Yes, but keep your voice down,’ said Emily turning bright red while Tanya desperately tried to stop laughing at my reaction. We were talking about the History school trip as we walked back to double Geography after the break between lessons, our teacher always let us out at this time.
‘So first you’re going to St Ffagens and then your going shopping in Bridgend?’ (at this point I let out a slightly hysterical laugh, making several people turn again and Emily glare at me) Tanya said. ‘Now I wish I’d taken History.’
By this time we were in the Geography corridor. As I bounced into the classroom Emily asked, ‘Lilly, what’s the big deal about Bri-‘ she paused for fear of another outburst and said, ‘that town?’
‘It’s the hometown of my favourite band, Bullet for my Valentine!’ I said and turned around so that she could see my hoody properly.
‘You know it’s really unlikely you’ll see them,’ said Tanya.
‘I know,’ I replied. ‘But I’ll still be walking the streets they have.’
‘Even if you do see them we have to wear our school uniforms,’ Emily informed me.
I frowned, a little confused. ‘Why is that a problem?’
‘Bit embarrassing,’ Tanya commented.
I smiled, ‘Oh, don’t worry about that. I can personalize it.’ I’d never understood why girls resented having to wear their uniforms on trips.
‘Okay! Shut up everyone!’ Mrs Jones shouted over the talking. ‘I’m putting the DVD back on!’ We were supposed to be writing notes about the Coca Cola DVD but I was too excited to write a word. Instead I thought about the next Tuesday.
Of course, then I had no idea just how much the day would change my life.

© Amber Williams 2008
♠ ♠ ♠
Well...I told you it would be short! Please tell me what you think anyway.
Trust me, it gets a lot better