Status: Active

A Day in Bridgend

My Kind of Hell

I was woken up to someone blowing in my ear gently. I jerked awake, ready to hit something or someone, and looked up at whoever was leaning over me smiling.

‘Matt,’ I groaned. ‘I’m tired, leave me alone.’

‘No, come on. You have to get up.’

‘Why? What time is it?’

‘Eleven in the morning.’

‘What? Fuck off! I’ve only been asleep four hours!’ I rolled over, closing my eyes again.

‘No, come on,’ he said again. ‘I’m taking you out shopping. You can’t wear the same clothes for the next two months.’

‘Shopping?’ I said, raising my head to look at him incredulously.

‘Yep!’ he replied, thinking he’d gotten my attention.

I groaned loudly, my head falling back into the pillow. He thought he had excited me but the prospect of going shopping terrified me more than ever.

‘You don’t like shopping?’ he asked, confused. ‘I thought all girls liked shopping.’

‘I fucking hate it,’ I said into the pillow.

‘Well don’t worry, I’ll make it fun.’

‘Will you try on a dress?’ I asked, raising my head again.

‘Maybe. But only if you get up.’

I smiled at the idea of Matt Tuck in a dress and reluctantly got to my feet. He left the room so I could change. I was pretty sure he was just joking about trying on a dress but maybe shopping wouldn’t be so bad with him. I changed into the other top I’d brought with me, which was a blue, long sleeved hoody with different shades of blue swirls all over it. It had a low neck and sleeves that flared a little. I also wore the same short trousers I had the night before and a single black feather in my hair.

Once I was dressed I grabbed some breakfast and Matt drove us into town. The sky was really overcast and looked like it was about to rain just like the day I’d met him so he didn’t have to worry about the sun. We pulled up near the town centre then walked the rest of the way.

‘Where do you want to go?’ he asked me.

‘Hmmm…’ I said looking around. ‘Anywhere.’

‘Okay, well shall we start with underwear?’ he said, pointing to an underwear shop opposite.

‘Can’t you…I don’t know…go do some knitting or something while I get some?’

‘No way,’ he said smiling. ‘I’m coming with you…in case you get lost.’

‘Fine,’ I groaned and walked towards the shop. We walked in, Matt looking round with interest. I made my way over to a table piled high with underwear. Most of the tables were filled with fancy, lacy shit but there was one with briefs and girls boxers, which was the one I went over to. I quickly picked up a couple of size 10 briefs and boxers wanting to get out of there fast.

‘What bra size are you?’ Matt asked me suddenly. I looked up and saw he was looking through a rack of bra and knickers sets. The bras were a dark shade of blue with black lace covering them and the knickers were the same shade of blue with black lace around the edges. They were really nice but not something I would usually wear.

‘38B,’ I answered after a small pause.

He rifled through them again and, as I stepped up beside him, produced a set in my size. He held it out to me and I stared at him. ‘You can’t be serious.’

‘Why not?’ he asked, a little disappointed.

‘It’s a bit…fancy,’ I said after another pause.

‘Fuck that,’ he said. ‘They’ll look great on you.’

‘Why do you care? It’s not like you’re going to be seeing them.’

‘Never know,’ he said smirking. I rolled my eyes and glared at him.

‘Okay, okay. But I’m still getting them for you,’ he said firmly.

‘I won’t wear them, it’s a waste of money.’ He shrugged, making me smirk. ‘Fine, but you’re trying one on.’

‘If that’s how you want to play it,’ he said, taking off his jacket.

‘Wait,’ I said quickly, suppressing a laugh. ‘Let me buy these first, in case we get chucked out.’ He smiled and came to the counter with me. Just before I bought them I picked up a set of two bras (one was red and black stripes and the other was purple and black) and got them too. Matt paid for it while I found a bra for him to try on. I found a sexy black one that was perfect.

‘There you go,’ I said as he came over. He had some trouble clipping it so I had to do it for him. ‘You’ve been alive…how long? And you still don’t know how to fasten a bra?’ I laughed.

‘Well no,’ he said. ‘Usually I’m the one unfastening it.’ I managed to get it done and he slipped the straps onto his shoulders. ‘Happy now?’ he asked, smiling.

‘It looks very nice on you,’ I said, trying to cover my smirk. He walked over to a mirror and looked himself up and down, then turned on the side, his hands on his hips. I laughed as he picked up another one and put it against himself to get an idea of what it would look like.

‘Excuse me, sir,’ said a security guard, built like a brick shithouse, as he walked towards Matt. ‘You’re going to have to leave.’

‘What?’ Matt asked him, looking shocked. ‘Why? I’m just trying to decide which looks best on me. What do you think?’

‘Please sir, just leave.’

‘Fine,’ said Matt angrily, unclipping the bra. ‘But you just lost yourself a customer!’ He shoved the bras into the guard’s hand and stormed past him, coming over to me again. He took the jacket out of my hands, winking at me and led me out. The whole time I had been desperately holding back my laughter but as we stepped outside I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I just burst out laughing and Matt joined me.

When we were done with our small moment of madness we continued the shopping trip. Matt had been right about making it fun, I enjoyed myself so much more than I usually did while shopping. It was a completely different experience in other ways too. In an alternative clothing store I found an amazing top that I loved. But then I looked at the price tag.

‘Shit,’ I said, staring at it. I didn’t know clothes could be so expensive! I quickly put it back. ‘Never mind then.’

‘Why?’ Matt asked me.

‘Have you seen the price on it?’

He smiled and leant towards me slightly. ‘Lilly, I’m loaded, remember?’

‘Yeah, but I don’t want you to-’

‘Lilly,’ he stopped me, picking it up again and offering it to me. ‘Just try it on.’ I smiled and took it from him.

He bought the top and a few other items. When we were done in that shop we hit another two. I was so used to having to be careful how much money I spent I kept forgetting that wasn’t an issue anymore and checked the price on nearly everything. We started making our way back to the car, carrying the new clothes when I paused seeing something I knew I couldn’t live without. Books.

‘Can we go in there for a minute?’ I asked, pointing to the Waterstones building.

‘Yeah, of course,’ he said. I bounded ahead of him excitedly. We looked around for a while. Matt bought me a few books, even though I was a little reluctant after he had already wasted so much money on me. We were soon back at the car, piling the bags into the boot.

‘Are we going home now?’ I asked him when all the bags were in.

‘Nope,’ Matt replied, getting into the driver’s seat. ‘I’m taking you back to Bridgend for a while.’

‘Why?’ I asked, peering at him from the passenger seat.

‘It’s a surprise,’ he smiled. ‘You’ll see.’

© Amber Williams 2008
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!

Woo hoo! 27 readers and 8 subscribers! :D Chuffin' like a muffin!

In the words of drunk Padge, "Fank ew all!"

Hope ya like it! Comment pleeeaaaase! I like comments see :D If you comment you get a brand new chapter!

And yes, I am bribing you...