Status: Active

A Day in Bridgend

A Stupid Decision

I awoke the next evening to find myself alone in the big bed. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes a little confused.

‘Matt,’ I said, then louder. ‘Matt?’ I got to my feet when there was no response and went into the living room. ‘Matt?’ I called again, my voice sounding horribly loud in the empty apartment. ‘Are you here?’ Again there was no reply.

I started panicking, going from room to room calling him. It felt much too silent and empty, not even the kittens responding to my calls. I suddenly felt very alone, in a strange city with not even the vampire I barely knew to look after me. I tried to calm myself. Its just sleep clouding your brain, its not as bad as it seems, I told myself. However it didn’t work. I fell to my knees on the floor.

I need Matt, I thought desperately, holding back a couple of terrified tears. I knew I didn’t have his number, so phoning him was out of the question. Where would he be…? The Club! I remembered the way. Kind of… I was pretty sure I’d be able to find it anyway. I leapt to my feet again and dashed into the bedroom. I quickly changed into the first pair of jeans and tee shirt I touched and grabbed the spare keys before running from the apartment and out into the cold night air.

I walked through the strange streets I hardly recognised as fast as I could. Every time I heard the slightest of sounds I turned quickly to search for the source and when a car beeped I started violently. I shut my eyes briefly. Stop being so jumpy, I thought, angry with myself.

Finally the streets became a little more familiar, but with the familiarity came danger. These streets were much quieter, with less cars and people, however I knew for a fact they were a lot more dangerous. Groups of chavs who would attack someone like me without batting an eyelid and other who would happily rape any young girl who happened to pass by roamed. Not to mention the vampires that lurked in the shadows, on their way to the Club, searching for an easy meal or someone they could manipulate into being their “pet” for the night. The dangers were endless.

‘Oi, sexai!’

I turned quickly. A group of boys, only a year or two older than myself, with one girl who looked even younger than me had appeared behind me. All the boys wore tracksuits and hats while the girl wore a tiny denim skirt and a top that hardly covered anything and hung drunkenly off one of the boys. They all either held cans of beer or looked so drunk they couldn’t even hold a can anymore. I turned back again and quickened my pace.

‘Fancy a shag, you fucking goth?’ shouted another of the chavs, earning guffaws from his friends.

I turned the next corner and ran a few silent paces, hoping to get to the next street before they followed me into this one. I stopped suddenly by the entrance of a lane, vaguely recognising it. This is where Matt and Jay put their arms around me, isn’t it? I thought as I peered into the darkness.

‘Don’t try and fucking run away from us, you fucking goth!’

They had turned into the street and now looked angry and quite ready to use their fists instead of their mouths. I darted into the darkness of the lane and ran to where I thought the metal door should be. Sure enough, there it was. I knocked on it quickly. The little window opened and the person looked at me puzzled. He could tell I was human.

‘I’m with Matt Tuck,’ I explained breathlessly, before glancing nervously at the end of the lane.

There was a second’s pause before the window snapped shut and the door opened just as the group of chavs entered the lane. I leapt through the door and heard it shut loudly behind me, sealing me in. I felt a brief moment of relief before realising that I was trapped in a building full of vampires.

I’m no safer here than I was out there, I thought. They’ll know I’m human and what if Matt isn’t even here? I was an idiot for even coming here! It’s way too late now though. I may as well just try and find him. Whatever happens now I’m either going to get the beating of my life or be killed.

I walked down the dark corridor and stepped through the black curtain. As soon as the vampires caught sight, smell and sound of my thumping heartbeat they turned to look at me. I gulped and desperately searched for a familiar and trusted face. There were none so I quickly made my way across the room to the bar, looking around me as I did, still searching. When I finally made it through the crowd to the bar I motioned to the barman to come over.

‘Has Matt Tuck been in tonight?’ I asked, not bothering to shout since I knew he could hear me even over the loud music and talking vampires.

He shook his head and my heart dropped into my stomach. ‘Has any of Bullet for my Valentine been in?’ Again he just shook his head. ‘Okay, thanks,’ I said and turned away, completely at a loss of what I should do now.

I couldn’t go back outside in case those chavs were still there, wondering where I’d disappeared to, and only an idiot would stay here alone. I started to walk away, deciding to take my chances with the chavs, thinking maybe they were gone by now, when I was pushed back against the bar. The man put his hands on either side of me on the glass bar top behind me and leant in close to my ear.

‘We meet again,’ he purred. I recognised the voice immediately, the vampire who had attacked me the other night. ‘It seems I’m in luck. I hear you’re alone tonight, no one to save you.’ I squirmed, trying to get away from him as I felt his lips touch my neck lightly. I shut my eyes tightly, waiting for the pain.

‘Wesley.’ My eyes snapped open as the vampire froze. ‘She’s not quite alone.’ The vampire named Wesley pulled away from me and Rina, Matt’s sister, grabbed my arm to pull me out of harms way. ‘This one belongs to me.’

‘Says who?’ Wesley snapped, squaring up to her.

‘Says me,’ said Rina darkly, her eyes flashing an angry red.

Wesley paused, trying to decide whether or not to try and fight her for me. Eventually he seemed to conclude I wasn’t worth it, glared at Rina and sat on one of the bar stools heavily. Rina smiled triumphantly, took my hand and led me away. She kept walking until she stopped suddenly to face me.

‘What the hell do you think you’re doing, coming here alone?’ she asked me furiously.

‘I-I,’ I stuttered, suddenly scared of her anger.

‘Well?’ she snapped.

‘Matt was gone when I woke up and I panicked,’ I explained. ‘I didn’t know what else to do.’ She looked carefully at the fear and desperation in my eyes and her expression slowly softened. She sighed.

‘Okay, fine. I’ll look after you.’ She smirked. ‘Come with me.’ she reached out and took my hand again, then led me to a sofa near the back of the club. She sat me down and took a seat beside me, a little too close.

‘Um…do you…uh…have any idea where Matt could be?’ I asked trying to nervously break the silence.

‘Probably out feeding,’ Rina replied. ‘Speaking of, I still haven’t tried you. Do you mind?’

I glanced at her to see if she was being serious. It seemed she was. She slowly leaned in towards me. She kissed me gently on the lips then deepened it, pressing closer to me still and placing one of her hands on my lower stomach. She licked at my top lip, trying to persuade me to let her in but when I didn’t open my mouth she pulled back slightly and pinched the soft skin on my belly, making me gasp. She immediately pressed her lips to mine again and slipped her tongue into my mouth. Her lips moved down, running along my jaw line, then further down to my throat. As she did this her hand slid inside my jeans and she slowly rubbed my sweetness.

‘Rina, please,’ I begged, my voice shaking. ‘Stop.’

‘Quiet. I like to play with my prey before I snack,’ she whispered and continued to place kisses along my collarbone. She sucked on my soft spot and I closed my eyes, trying to pretend I was somewhere else.

Get the fuck away from her, Rina.’

She stopped what she was doing and looked up as I opened my eyes again. Matt stood before us looking angrier than ever.

‘Ah, Matt,’ said Rina, smiling innocently. ‘We were just talking about you. Would you like to join us?’

He just glared at her and turned to me. ‘Are you okay, Lilly? Did she hurt you?’ I shook my head silently. ‘Good. Come on, we’re going home.’ He grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me to my feet. Rina’s hand was wrenched from my jeans. As Matt dragged me away I looked back to see Rina lick her fingers as she watched us - no me - walk away like she’d just lost a massive treat. Then the crowd of vampires moved around us so I couldn’t see her anymore.

When we got outside I found the lane was deserted once again. Matt turned around angrily. He threw me against the wall and pressed me into it by my shoulders. ‘Are you retarded?’ he asked me fiercely. ‘You shouldn’t have even come out by yourself, let alone come here of all places!’

‘I know,’ I said quietly. I looked down at our feet, suddenly feeling really stupid for panicking like I did. Suddenly our feet disappeared from view as Matt pressed his hips to mine. I looked up at him, shocked, then relaxed as he pressed the rest of his body against me and pulled me into his chest.

‘I’m sorry for leaving you alone,’ he said softly. ‘I hoped that you’d stay asleep until I got back.’ He was silent a moment then chuckled. ‘I seem to apologise to you a lot, don’t I?’ I just smiled slightly. ‘We should go home,’ he said after a moment. ‘Remind me to give you my number when we get there. So this doesn’t happen again.’ I smiled. He pulled away from me and we started walking. After a few minutes of silence Matt said:

‘Lilly…did Rina…break you? Did she put her fingers inside you?’

‘No…’ I replied embarrassed.

‘Didn’t think so. I wondered why I couldn’t smell the blood.’ He glanced at me sideways slyly. ‘You enjoyed it though.’ It wasn’t a question.

‘No!’ I said immediately, blushing.

‘You did a little.’

I blushed even more. There was no point in lying. ‘How could you tell?’

‘I read your mind,’ he said simply.

‘You can read my mind?!’ I exclaimed, suddenly terrified of what else he knew…

‘Only sometimes, don’t worry.’

‘Good,’ I sighed relieved.

He smirked slyly. ‘But I do know you wanted to kiss my chest last night.’

‘WHAT?!’ I stopped in my tracks. ‘I didn’t…I mean…’

‘Don’t bother trying to deny it!’ he laughed. ‘I heard you!’

‘What else have you heard?!’ I demanded.

‘Just little things. Mostly I hear you when you think about your family and friends.’

‘Good,’ I said, firmly.

We were silent for a while as we walked through the quiet, dark streets. Then Matt suddenly said teasingly, ‘Wanna kiss my chest now?’

‘Shut it or I slap you,’ I said flatly.

‘Ah, you want to save it for when we’re in bed. I get it now.’

‘Matt!’ I snapped warningly. He laughed and threw his arm around my shoulders playfully. I couldn’t help but smile then, as he pulled me close to walk side-by-side.

© Amber Williams 2008
♠ ♠ ♠
Rina!! Fffffffffffffffft...what a prick!

Subscribe and comment please :D
I've only got 13 comments and I want moooore!
I also want more tea!
Which I just realised I already have, so nevermind!

I'm going to post again sometime tomorrow hopefully, but if not I'll definitely post before the Easter holidays are over.
Easter! Yay! Eggs! Chocolate eggs!

And...uh...Comment and subscribe!

Amber xxx