Status: Active

A Day in Bridgend

Fits and Giggles

I awoke, slightly confused, to the sound of music which, I was soon to learn, was nearly always present on the tour bus. I pulled the curtain away and looked into the empty hall. Grunting, I swung my legs out of the bunk and leapt off, landing lightly on my feet. I was about to go downstairs but stopped and pulled the curtain of Matt’s bunk. He was now sleeping peacefully. Or so I thought.

I started to walk away and his hand reached out and grabbed my bare leg, just above my knee. I gasped in surprise, reaching out and putting my hand on the wall to stop myself from falling. I looked down as he poked his head out, blinking in confusion.

‘We’re on tour, aren’t we?’ he asked. I nodded and he groaned, released my leg and turned over again.

I smiled slightly and went downstairs where Jay was sitting at one of the kitchen tables, smoking a rolled up cigarette.

‘Morning,’ he said, as I entered and sat opposite him.

I smiled as I stifled a yawn. ‘Sleep well?’

‘Not too badly, you?’

‘Very well, thanks,’ I smiled. Then I remembered Matt’s incident from the night before. I paused, taking a little time to consider my words. ‘What happened…last night? With Matt.’

‘You saw that? I thought you were asleep.’

‘The screaming woke me up,’ I explained.

‘Ah… Well Matt sometimes has…trouble adjusting when we start a new tour. And when we get back home. Did he scare you?’

I nodded. ‘I didn’t know what was going on. I thought he was having some…vampire malfunction or something.’

He burst out laughing. ‘We’re not like robots, mind!’

I laughed too. ‘You know what I mean!’

‘Funnily enough, I have no idea.’ We both laughed even harder.

‘Can you two just keep it down?’ said Padge, appearing out of nowhere and holding his head.

‘What was that Padge?’ Jay shouted at him.

I had to put my hand over my mouth to stifle a giggle at Padge’s annoyed and pained expression. He groaned and sat down beside me. He rested his head on the back of the sofa and groaned again, ‘I feel like shit.’

‘Well, if you hadn’t drunk so much last night you wouldn’t,’ said Moose coming in.

Jay nodded in agreement. ‘You did drink more than any of us.’

‘Good night though,’ I said after a small pause. They all laughed and agreed with me.

A couple of hours later Matt finally got up. I was on my way to the kitchen but stopped outside to listen as Matt and Moose spoke. ‘You okay, man?’ Moose asked him.

‘Yeah, I’ll be fine,’ Matt said, leaning against the counter. ‘Did I disturb Lilly?’

‘Yes, but she’s alright. Jay explained everything.’

Matt sighed softly, nodding. ‘I need some blood and some alcohol.’

Moose chuckled. ‘I’ll go get someone to give you a bit now.’

I walked in as he left, making it seem as though I hadn’t been listening. I smiled up at Matt. ‘Up at last,’ I commented.

‘Oh, shut up,’ he replied playfully and I giggled in response, as I poured myself some water.

I leaned against the counter beside him, drinking it. ‘Come here,’ Matt said, suddenly opening his arms, beckoning me to hug him.

I hesitated, knowing that he needed blood, but I put down my water and moved to stand in front of him, one of my legs between his. We hugged until a man appeared in the doorway. I pulled away from Matt and stepped away, grabbing my water as I did.

The man came in. ‘You don’t mind doing this, do you?’ Matt asked him.

‘Nah, its fine. I’ve given you blood before, ain’t I?’

‘And a very tasty donator you are,’ Matt joked.

‘As long as you don’t try any gay funny business I’m fine with it. No holding me like you did her,’ he said, pointing at me. He laughed a little as he said it but there was no doubt he was very serious. He was a big “metaller” guy with a beard and didn’t look very approachable. The kind that was far from gay.

‘Oh, come on! You know I’m as straight as they come! I like my women thanks.’

‘Just checking,’ the man said. He went over to Matt and let him lean in and bite his thick neck. Matt drank deeply, his eyes closed. I watched nervously, feeling like I was seeing something I really shouldn’t. His closed eyes suddenly snapped open to look at me. They were tinged red and filled with something across between lust, hunger and satisfaction. He watched me, just as I was watching him. However, he looked as if he was imagining the man as me. Which freaked the hell out of me. I turned quickly and left them.

I shivered slightly as I walked through the bus. That look he had given me had disturbed me. A lot. It was almost the kind of look that that Wesley guy in the club had given me. It didn’t feel right. When did I become something that men wanted this badly? Even though I knew it was just my blood they wanted really, it still felt weird. Although, I wasn’t sure which freaked me out more; vampires lusting after my blood or the sudden attention I was getting from men. And women, if you included Rina…

© Amber Williams 2009
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! I am posting at last! My exams are over and now all I have to worry about are my results and finding a job! I would have posted earlier but I’ve been kind of distracted this weekend…I spent Friday with my friend getting pissed, Saturday with my boyfriend and friend getting pissed and Monday surfing. Why didn’t I post Sunday you ask? Because I could not be fucked.

And check out the new background! Me likes! Do youu?!

I know its short but comment and subscribe please!
I'll post again when I get five comments and at least two subscribers
Aren't I mean?
:P

Oh and thanks to the guys who commented on my last chapter :)
x66CriesxInxVain61x
VengeanceXChickX
and
Vixyn Of Tuck