Status: finished : )

A Drama Provider

I'm Ready To Be New Again

My breathing was heavy and irregular as I stood in the empty attic of my old home. All of my things were already packed neatly into boxes and then stored in a large truck that I would be spending the next 22 hours in on the way to Maryland. My feelings were still torn about leaving, but I knew it was something I had to do. It was part of the healing process.

“You ready to get going Delly?” Delicious popped his head in the room with a curious expression.

“Yeah,” I sighed and turned my back on the beautiful view from my window. “Ready as ever,” I shrugged as I followed him down the stairs and through Caleb’s room. It hadn’t been easy packing up all my things, but the guys had kept me laughing instead of crying.

“You think anybody’ll notice if I still a beer from the fridge?” Jack asked out loud while his eyes strayed to the kitchen.

I shook my head and giggled. “I think the guys are going to be a bit more occupied with the fact that I’ve disappeared than if a beer disappears.” Jack slowly stared at me with one eyebrow arched. I rolled my own eyes, “yes, you can have a beer Jack.”

“Sweet!” He yelled before running off to the kitchen.

“Why do you say disappearing?” The four days we’d spent in Texas had done Alex a world of good. His voice was still scratchy and barely audible, but at least he had one. Alex stood up from the couch and came to hug me, which he did a lot of.

“Well, I left my cell on their bus so they can’t call me; I’m packing my things and leaving without telling them where I’m going; it’ll seem like I’ve disappeared to them.” I shrugged as my arms automatically rested on his shoulders.

“That’s a bit theatrical, don’t you think?” Delicious chuckled as he followed Jack to the kitchen. “Shouldn’t you at least tell them where you’re going?”

“No,” I pulled away from Alex just enough to start walking toward the kitchen, but not enough so that I could still feel him against me. “I’ve put them through enough. For now I think its best that I just leave them alone for a while. Maybe later down the road we’ll meet and laugh about the whole tabloid incident.”

“You should at least let them know you’re okay,” Alex argued as he hopped up on my kitchen counter. There was a strange stirring in my stomach as he pulled me toward him, wrapping his legs around my waist and hugging my shoulders.

“Yeah, what happens when they get over themselves and start to worry about you?” Delicious hopped up on the counter across from Alex and I while Jack handed him a beer.

“I am already ahead of both of you. I left a note up in the attic. It doesn’t say where I’m going, but that I’m surrounded by people who love me and that I’ll alright, as I wish all of them will be.” I grinned as Alex squeezed me tighter when I talked about people loving me.

“You should also add that we’ll take very good care of you,” Jack raised his beer bottle as if he were toasting before talking a large gulp.

“I doubt they’ll care too much whether or not I’m being taking care of, and besides, I already sealed the letter up so there’s no adding allowed.” I rested my hands on Alex’s knees as I leaned back into him.

“Fine,” Jack raised his hands in defense. “I’m just saying that these guys are going to miss you like hell, but hey, it’s their loss.” He gave me a goofy grin as he raised one hand for a high five.

“Right, because I’m so special.” I rolled my eyes but high fived him anyway. My sarcasm got me an extra squeeze from Alex and two scoffs from the other boys.

“Do we need to bring up the countless times Matt has asked you to marry him?” Delicious laughed as he hopped off the counter.

“You guys are nerds and I’m going to leave without you,” I stuck my tongue out at both of them and tried to pull away from Alex. What actually happened was I pulled Alex off of the counter top and dragged him toward the door.

“Psht, you can’t leave without me!” Jack yelled and from his voice I could tell he was following us. “I got the keys!” There was a light jingle behind us as my eyes widened.

“There is no way in hell you’re driving,” I quickly turned to snatch the keys from him, but Jack jerked them out of my reach just before I got them. “Jack, you’ve had like three beers and I know you and Delic were sneaking shots from the tequila bottle!” I tried jumping but it only got me laughed at.

“You look like a bunny,” Delicious was clutching his stomach as he bent over. I glared at him briefly.

“You are a freaking butt face,” I pointed at Jack and then at Delicious. “And you, are his butthole.” I crossed my arms over my chest to put emphasis to my insults. Of course both boys thought my insults were hilarious and they both ended up on the ground with laughter. I smiled triumphantly as I grabbed the keys from Jack’s weak hand.

“You’re a nerd!” Jack got out in between his loud laughs.

I shrugged, “I got what I wanted, didn’t I?” I turned on my heel to see Alex standing behind me with a smug smile that matched my own on his gorgeous lips. “Let’s go darling,” I put on my best British accent as I grabbed his hand and headed for the front door.

“Wait, wait! We’re coming!” Things suddenly weren’t funny anymore as Delicious jumped up and raced to get ahead of me. “Uh, how are we going to squish into this thing?” Delicious turned as he pointed toward the small U-Haul that held my few prized possessions. There was only three seats in the front of the truck, and there were four of us.

“Looks like somebody has to sit on somebody else’s lap,” I sung as I skipped over to the driver’s door. “And neither one of those somebody’s is me.”

“Oh, but I bet Alex here is just dying to have you on his lap,” Jack teased as he stood at the door, probably locking it.

“I don’t trust either one of you,” I darted my eyes back and forth between Jack and Delicious. “To drive until you sober up some.”

“Well we’ve got a whole 22 hour trip to do that in,” Jack did the whole toast with his beer bottle again as he opened the passenger door, waiting for Alex to get in first.

“Yeah, so let’s get started on this long ass trip.” I told the boys before I slipped into the driver seat myself. I didn’t mind the trip so much in truth though. I loved road trips and this one was taking me places.

“To Maryland!” Delicious yelled in the tiny cab as he sat on Jack’s lap. I shook my head and giggled as I turned the car on.

“To Maryland,” I agreed and started out of the driveway. I didn’t glance in the rear view mirror like I thought I would as I pulled out onto the road. Instead I kept my gaze on the road and my thoughts on the hand that rested lightly on my thigh.

“Uh, guys,” Jack interrupted the silence that was growing with his usual humor. “I have to piss.”

“Why didn’t you go at the house?” Delicious turned his head to glare at Jack. “I swear if you piss while I’m sitting here, I’ll open the door and kick your ass out.”

“Can’t we stop a gas station?” Jack begged while I couldn’t help but giggle.

“We just started this trip and we already have to pull over for you to pee,” Alex shook his head. “This is going to one hell of a long trip.” He laid his head back against the seat and gently squeezed my thigh.

“Does anybody have the directions?” I asked as I steered my way around the town I’d grown up in. The dead silence answered my question enough so I pulled into the nearest gas station. “I guess we better pick up an atlas while Jack pee’s, eh?” As soon as the car stopped, Jack and Delicious ran into the 7-Elven. I sighed as I watched Delicious look at the rack of maps and set my head on Alex’s shoulder. I smiled to myself as a thought crossed my mind.

I am, I’m ready to be new again.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, so here's another small contest for you guys; cause i love you;
there is anotheramazing lyric line hidden in this chapter somewhere;
your job is to find the lyrics and answer with the artist name;
the first person to message/comment me with the correct answer wins a role in the sequel;
anybody up for it?

winner : save your heart.

also, I need you guys to check out THIS;
it's important!
xooxDee