‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Lucky

The rest of July we had off, which was time to get ready for the fall tour that was going to go from August until December, hitting all of the US, and some stops in Europe. The baby was due in January, so my replacement was ready to jump in whenever I had to leave if I had to. Sadly this would be my last tour before bowing out gracefully. As for my 25th birthday, I didn’t really want to go out or do anything big seeing as I was still recovering and sorting through everything from the wedding. So Jesse, Frankie and Mike drove down to Baltimore with some pizzas and everyone came over a few days before we’d leave for tour.

“Jesus,” Jesse told me as I opened the door.

“What?” I asked confused.

“I think we need to start getting you fat clothes.” He said rubbing my now present bump on my stomach.

“Fuck you Ketive.”

“How the fuck did you hide it so well?” Frankie asked in disbelief.

“The power of a loose dress and an empire waist. Plus I’m now getting close to five months” I said proudly.

“Did you tell anyone yet?” Jesse asked as we put the pizzas out in the dinning room.

“We’re waiting until after my doctor’s appointment. We’ll probably call and tell them while
we’re on tour.” I explained.

“When are you due again?” Frankie asked.

“Mid January, I’m going to laugh if it’s born a month after Alex’s birthday.”

“Where is everyone?” Mike asked me, looking around noticing it was only we.

“They have band practice till 6 afterwards everyone’s coming over.” I sighed sitting for a minute cause my back hurt. “I’m going upstairs to change, you three don’t do anything stupid.” I warned them as I stood up a minute later.

“You always think we’re going to do something stupid.” Jesse pouted.

“Just Frankie I know you and Mike are the voice of reason.” I chuckled as I went up the stairs.

I changed out of the mesh shorts and tee shirt I had on, and put on a black and purple tank top, and a pair of capris that I had to fight with to get on, and couldn’t even button the top button. Maybe it was time for me to go shopping for new clothes?

“I think you may be right.” I frowned going down the stairs.

“About what?” Jesse asked as I sat on the couch next to Frankie.

“I couldn’t button these, and none of my other jeans fit me. I’m 25 and fat.” I said fake crying in to Frankie.

“Do I have to take you fat clothes shopping?” Frankie asked me.

“I was thinking I could just Henry Rollins the whole situation.” I explained to him.

“Be really pissed off and yell at your clothes?” Jesse asked giving me a confused look.

“No, no, bike shorts and no shoes.” I explained.

“Right, when do you leave for tour?” Frankie asked.

“Three days.”

“Good, tomorrow we’ll take you to the mall here and go shopping before we leave.”

“I still liked my idea.” I mumbled as the door swung open causing the four of our heads to
shoot to the door.

In walked, Alex and everyone along with both of our parents, Niko, and Angela.

“Frankie,” I mumbled with wide eyes.

“Stand behind me and we’ll make a get away for upstairs.” He mumbled as him and Jesse got
up one standing in front of me and the other in back of me.

“Hey everybody!” I shouted sheepishly. “I just remembered we left the Xbox on upstairs.” I added as we all got to the stairs.

“Bella,” Alex said sternly.

“It’ll just be a second!”

“Either you get down here or I’ll tell them.”

“Tell who what?” My dad asked confused.

“Well?” Alex asked me.

I sighed and tapped Frankie on the shoulder to step aside.

“Surprise.” I said sheepishly, putting my hands on my stomach.

My parents exclaimed various curses in Croatian while Alex’s parents’ eyes went wide.
I went back down the stairs as my parents calmed down.

“How far dear?” Alex’s mom asked me.

“Almost four.” I lied.

“You were pregnant when you got married?” My dad exclaimed.

“Well we didn’t know yet.” I lied again.

“Well,” My mom began and paused. “Congratulations.” She smiled hugging Alex and me.
“Andrej!” She added smacking my dad in the head.

“Yeah, we’re happy.” He mumbled.

After the elephant was out of the room, everyone began talking and having a good time. Of course, my mom also brought food and a cake. It was after we all ate that I dragged Alex upstairs to bitch at him for the stunt he pulled.

“What were you thinking?” I exclaimed closing the door to our bedroom. “We were going to tell them next week.” I added.

“Look, the longer we waited the less likely they would have believed us.” He explained.

“So you ambush me? Alex, what the fuck?”

“I didn’t ambush you, I surprised you.”

“You fucking ambushed me!” I exclaimed storming out of the room, cursing in Croatian.

I was annoyed with him, I thought this whole getting married thing meant doing and agreeing on things together.

“Stop pouting.” Frankie told me as I sat with him on the couch.

“My own husband ambushed me.”

“You hear her?” Jack chuckled. “Sergeant Sladovic giving tactic advances.”

“Why didn’t you tell me anything?” I asked him, as I stole Jesse’s slice of pizza.

“He didn’t tell me, I only found out maybe 45 minutes before we showed up and I tried sending you a heads up text but he kept keeping an eye on me.”

“Fucker.” I mumbled making who ever was around chuckle.

“Do you know the due date yet?” My mom asked me later on while I was in the kitchen with her, Alex’s mom, Kara, and Angela.

“End of January ish, tomorrow we’re going for a check up.”

“Are they going to determine the sex yet?” Angela asked.

“I think tomorrow, but we’re going to wait.” I explained.

“Surprising for you, by now I figured you’d be wanting to name it Slaven and have a soccer ball ready hoping for a boy.” My mom laughed.

“Who says I didn’t start that?” I chuckled making everyone laugh.

The night after I set Jesse, Frankie, and Mike in the basement comfortably to sleep, I headed upstairs to meet Alex who was looking at me with folded arms. Did I mention I barely talked to him the whole night?

“You’re seriously mad at me?” He asked as I walked by him. “Isabella,”

“Yes!” I exclaimed, “Yes, I am still mad at you. That wasn’t right what you did. We’re married now we’re supposed to agree on things before doing them, nothing impulsive. I was going to tell them on my own terms.”

“Bella I didn’t think you’d get this mad.”

“You didn’t think period. I’m going to bed we have to get up early.” I explained as I went up the stairs.

Alex went to shut off the lights, while I went to our room, pulled a blanket and pillow out and left it in the hall before I slammed the door locking it.

“Seriously Bella?” Alex exclaimed.

“Enjoy the couch.” I shouted back to him as I got in to bed.

The following morning, I woke up and showered getting ready for my doctor’s appointment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bella's outfit