‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Running from lions

“Miss when you buy this book you get another one for free.” The man behind the counter told me.

“Oh.” I said trying to think of what other book I might like.

“If anything, you could get its sequel. It’s part of a series.” He suggested.

“Really? Which one is that?” I asked him.

“New Moon, I have a copy under the desk so you can have that one.” He told me pulling out the other book.

“Thanks.” I said giving Jack a weird look.

“Free book my ass.” Jack said as we headed to his car.

“What? I got a free book!” I said happily. “I love America!”

“You realize he only did that thinking you’d totally touch his cock right?”

“Damnit! Why did you have to ruin this for me?” I asked him.

“It’s my job.” He nodded.

“Try and amend with Alex.” He warned me as he pulled up in front of Alex’s house.

“Yeah, yeah.” I mumbled getting my bags out from the back of his car. “See you later Jack.” I told him.

“Night Bella.” He nodded as I closed the door and headed up the walkway.

As I put the key in the lock, I heard the television from inside. Guess, he finally decided to come home, I thought as I turned it and walked in. Alex was sitting watching the TV, didn’t even look at me. So I took that as a way of him telling me he didn’t want to be bothered, so I didn’t. Instead I trudged up the stairs with my bags. I shrugged everything off and grabbed that book I bought jumping on his bed and began reading it. I really don’t know how long I was reading but I felt the bed sink down next to me.

“Finally decided to come say hi?” I asked not looking up from the book.

“Depends.”

“On?”

“If you’re going to put the book down and talk.”

“Then no, this seems more worth while at the moment.”

“What are you reading anyway?”

“Twilight.”

“Why?”

“Cause this Edward guy gives me butterflies.” I said closing the book and looking up at him. “What’s up?”

“You tell me.”

“I’m not the one who disappeared this morning.”

“I’m not the one who said our relationship wasn’t serious.” He retorted.

“Alex.” I sighed. “What do you want me to do? Drop my life, and give it to you and be yours forever?” I asked him.

“Yes, is that so bad. I mean I love you that tends to usually mean I want you for the rest of my life.”

“You’re 22.” I told him. “You have a lot of life ahead of you.”

“As do you, so why not share it together?”

“Isn’t that what we’re doing?”

“I see you more when we’re on the road. I have to beg for more tours just so I can be with you and not have to get stressed out about when I have to come back to Baltimore or you to New York.”

“Alex, I’m sorry but it’s just to soon.” I said sadly, “Please don’t push this on me.”

“Alright.” He sighed in defeat. “So what’d did you do today?” He asked resting his head on mine as he pulled me in to his arms.

“Embraced black Friday with Jack.” I told him putting the book on the nightstand. “What did you do?”

“Drove around.”

“All day?” I asked

“And stopped at my parent’s place.” He said as I nodded. “I love you Bella.” He whispered in my ear.

“I love you too Alex.” I said giving him a kiss. “You’re hungry.” I said looking at him.

“How’d you know?”

“I felt your stomach vibrate like a cell phone.” I told him making him laugh.

“For a second I thought you could read my mind.” He laughed

“Are you sure you haven’t read this book?” I asked him.

“Yup. I’m too pretty to read.” He said as we got up and headed downstairs.

“Which now explains a lot of things.”

“Hey!” He exclaimed making me crack up.

A few days later I left to go back to New York. I only had two weeks to get all of my shopping down and pack, and somehow pack half of everything I bought.

“So do you have any idea of what to get Alex?” Jesse asked me as we walked around the mall.

“Yes and no. Hey Jesse can I ask you a question?”

“Duh, what’s on your mind?” He asked as we walked in to a store.

“You like Alex right?”

“Yup, why has he done something that would make me not like him?” He said getting suspicious.

“No, would you miss me if I lived in another state?”

“Of Course I would, but why would you be in another” He stopped in mid sentence to recollect his thoughts. “Did Alex
ask you to move in with him?”

“Yes, but I told him no.”

“Why?”

“I just feel like it’s too soon. You know?” I asked him.

“I guess. I sometimes wish I knew how you women really thought.” He told me.

“Well then you should be a vampire so then you could read my thoughts.” I teased.

“I can’t believe you’re reading twilight.” He said shaking his head.

“Fuck you okay the book is a-fucking-mazing. And me being me just found out there’s going to be a movie!” I exclaimed.

“Yippee!” He exclaimed sarcastically.

“Anyway, so all I have left is Alex, Niko, and my baby cousins.” I told him.

“Well I think you can get all of them done at Toys R us.” He joked.

“Seriously.” I laughed as we continued shopping.

I ended up finding things for my brother and cousins now it was just to get one last thing for Alex that I was stuck on.

“Get him dunks.” Jesse suggested while we ate.

“He’s got enough already.” I told him with a mouthful of food.

“You can never have enough!” He exclaimed.

“Okay…” I said quietly. “I want to get him something meaningful”

“Like what a cock ring?”

“That’s it!” I said getting an idea.

“What’s it? You’re going to get him a cock ring Jesus Bella you’re fucking disgusting.” He said shaking his head.

“No! Not the cock ring but a ring.” I told him.

“I thought you didn’t want this to get serious?”

“I want it to get serious I just think right now it really isn’t that serious. And plus if I give him like a ring maybe he’ll back
off of the moving in together for a while.”

“I guess, but do you know his size and wouldn’t that be more of a anniversary gift?”

“Good point, a watch I don’t know” I said getting flustered. “Why is this so difficult?”

“Got me.” He shrugged, as we continued to eat and think of what I could get Alex.

“I’m never going to find him something.” I whined while we were walking around one last time before we were to head home.

“Yes you will, just take a night to sleep on it. Tomorrow we’ll go to Manhattan and look around you’re bound to find
something there.” Jesse assured me.

“I hope you’re right.” I sighed and followed him.