‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Overnight sensation

“Try not to get pregnant when you see Niko.” Jesse told me as I was packing up the newly washed clothes as well as some of my winter clothes seeing as I was told it was already almost winter, or at least it was feeling that way for November.

“Shut up, one fucking time!” I growled still feeling touchy on that subject. “Besides, I’m done with Niko in that sense.”

“Bullshit Bella, you and him are it I can see he’s what you want.”

“What I want is Alex, what I need probably is Niko. But I’m going after what I want.” I assured him.

“So you’re prepared to admit that you were wrong and fucked up when you dumped him in the summer?”

“Pretty much.”

“I never thought I would see the day.” He smirked, “Isabella Sladovic admitting to being wrong.”

“Yeah, yeah it’s the fucking apocalypse.” I mumbled.

We arrived in England on a Monday, and by Tuesday I’d see Luka and Thursday I’d see Niko, seeing as he had an away game Wednesday night when we’d be in the London area, and Friday our day off we’d be going to Niko’s home game.

“So Bella are any of your family coming to any of the shows?” Jack asked me while we were loading in to the bus at the airport in the U.K.

“My cousin Denis might actually come to the show in Prague if he can get off of work. “And I’m going to see some friends when we get to London.” I explained.

“As if no one saw that coming.” I heard Alex mumble to himself.

Why was he making being friends so difficult meanwhile every other week on that last tour he was with another girl?

“So anyway, sound check is in two hours so feel free to go relax at the hotel while Vinny and
I are slaving away.” I explained changing the subject.

By Tuesday I was hyped that I would finally be seeing Luka, which I already knew would make everything better, and probably help me make sense of everything.

“I think this is the most excited I’ve seen you since they created the volcano burrito at taco bell.” Jack explained as I came out of the bathroom Tuesday morning ready to head out to take everyone to the press before sound check.

“That’s because like the volcano burrito Luka gives me diarrhea.” I joked making him laugh.

“No, I’m just stoked to see him, you think Jesse and I are tight him and I are like tighter than all those funky porno’s you watch and try to hide.”

“You’re cracking jokes again!” He shouted tackling me to the floor in a hug.

“Yeah this is creepy, I’m going to go get dressed now while you go shower.” I said pushing him off me, and headed to my suitcase while Jack headed in to the shower.

I changed in to a pair of grey jeans and a to write love on her arms long sleeved shirt since it was a little chilly out. A half an hour later, I was handing everyone a cup of coffee while we were heading in to the Van they had waiting for us.

“She even got us coffee!” Rian exclaimed, with wide eyes.

“That’s okay, I don’t need any.” Vinny said shaking his head.
“I didn’t spike it with laxatives this time.” I assured him, “Look,” I said taking a sip.

“Thank you then!” He smiled as he took the cup from me and got in to the van.

“I make no promises with yours though.” I joked as I gave Alex his.

“Figured,” He smirked getting in, as I followed slamming the door behind us.

Luka was showing up right before doors opened, or at least that what he had told me. Thus I concentrated solely on work so I wouldn’t dwell on how long I’d have to wait till I saw my best friend. After all the codes were met, and paper work was finished being processed, as well as the sound and light requests, it was time for sound check, while the supporting bands were finishing up theirs I was helping Vinny load in the merch from the trailer.

“I’m hungry!” I whined as I lugged in a box of hoodies.

“Is catering set up yet?” Vinny asked me leading the way.

“Nope, they won’t be here until another half an hour.” I sighed feeling my stomach rumble.

“I think I still have that half of candy bar in my back pocket you can have that.” He offered as we reached the table.

“Nah, I’ll wait thanks though.” I told him as we went to get the last of the merch so we could
begin setting up the table.

By the time we finished, the guys were already having their sound check, and doors were getting ready to open in another 25 minutes. I was currently annoying Vinny telling him how the shirts he had hanging up weren’t straight.

“Fuck you Bella they’re straight!” Vinny defended as I glanced at the tip jar.

“I think it’s time you have a new sign for your tip jar.” I told him ripping a piece of a box top and pulling sharpie I had in my pocket out.

As I wrote I couldn’t help but start cracking up, when I finished I tapped it to the jar still laughing.

“Let’s see it.” Vinny sighed as he turned the jar and read it, “Bella what the fuck!” He exclaimed making me laugh even harder.

“What did she do now?” Alex asked as he handed his guitar to the tech and they all headed off the stage.

“Tip me money for sex change, help me become Vanessa Vegas.” Vinny read out loud so everyone could hear, as I fell off the table on to the floor laughing so hard I had to hold my ribs because they were starting to hurt.

I was still laughing as I saw Vinny’s sneakers in front of my face.

“You’re going to get it Bella.” I heard him chuckle.

“Don’t kill me.” I said still laughing, as I felt him sit on me. “I’m gonna die! Tell my Baka I love her!” I whined while Vinny continued to sit on me.

“I feel the backlash of that rice and beans I had last night for dinner.” He went on as Jack and Alex stood watching.

“Oh no!” I cried, “If you kill me you’ll never know where the treasure is!” I told him.

“What treasure?”

“The treasure of I’m a wiener.”

“I’m a wiener?”

“You stole that from the Simpson’s movie!” Rian shouted from wherever he was.

“Okay, maybe I did but let me up!” I screeched as Vinny got off of me and helped me up, just
as my phone rang. “Hello?”

“I think I might be lost.” I heard someone say in Croatian.

“How is that even possible!” I exclaimed in Croatian, causing everyone but Alex to look at me.

“Bella turn around.” Alex said shaking his head.

“I’m not that fucking stupid.”

“Bella really turn around.” Jack told me while he was busy taking a picture of the tip jar.

Of course when I turned around, Luka was standing there laughing at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bella's outfit