‹ Prequel: Everything I'm Not

Love's Requiem

Santa's Pissed

“Why do I always find myself having these fucking conversations with you?!” I exclaimed in to the phone while I was trying to find something to wear in my closet.

“Because you have the worst sense of time! Is it a Croatian thing or something?” Jesse whined on the other line.

“Yes, that’s exactly it! It’s a fucking Croatian thing!”

“I’m dressed already, this is all on you!” I heard Niko exclaim from the hall.

“I knew I liked him for a reason.” Jesse went on.

“Look if I talk to you on the phone the longer it’s going to take me to get ready, bye!” I shouted hanging up and tossing my cell phone to my bed.
Twenty minutes later I came stumbling out of my room in black leggings, a white tunic, and my nice coat.

“Amazing a million hours later!” Niko joked, as he slipped on his coat, and helped me grab one of the boxes filled with presents.

“Are we exchanging gifts here or at Jesse’s?” He asked me.

“Uh” I paused to think, “Up to you?”

“Wait till we get back here.” He nodded as we headed out the door and locked up.

“About fucking time!” Jesse exclaimed swinging the door open.

“Stuff it Ketive, where’s your mama?” I asked pushing past him.

“That must be Bella!” I heard Jesse’s mom shout, as I put the box down and ran to the kitchen.

“Second Mom!”

“Hi Bella,” She laughed as I hugged her. “How are you?” She asked me as she followed me back in to the living room where I was going to hang up me and Niko’s coats.

“I’m doing fine, just got back in yesterday morning.” I explained. “Niko, this is Jesse’s mom, Mrs. Ketive this is Niko.” I said introducing the two.

“It’s nice to meet you dear, how are you liking New York so far?” She asked Niko carefully, which made me laugh because it reminded me of the first time I went over Jesse’s house when I was 6, and she thought I couldn’t speak English.

“It’s very nice, Isabella took me to the, the,” Niko paused to try and remember.

“Brooklyn Bridge.” I chirped in.

“There, that was really nice.” He nodded as we all headed to the living room where Jesse’s dad and brother were.

I left Niko in the living room with Jesse, while I helped Jesse’s mom in the kitchen with whatever was left to do. An hour later, we all sat down and ate.

“So Bella are your parents back in the mother country?” Jesse’s dad asked me while we all were eating.

“Yup, since the 13th.” I nodded as I took a sip of my drink, before I went back to eating.

“Now Niko, how do you know Bella?” Jesse’s mom asked.

“We went to school together in Croatia, right before she left.” Niko explained.

After dinner, sitting in the living room talking more, and desert we finally sat down to start passing around gifts. In being a typical mom, Jesse’s mom made me a sweater, which I fell in love with immediately. And towards the end, Jesse finally decided to give me the present he got me.

“Just promise me something,” He began as he handed me a wrapped box.

“What?” I smirked taking it and opening the box to find a piece of paper in it.

“That you won’t tackle me.”

“What is this?” I asked as I read the paper,

Killswitch Engage
Unearth
It dies today
Bleeding through
Hatebreed
The Acacia Strain
Sleeping Giant, and the list went on with at least another 20 band names.

It just seemed to be a list a bands most of which were my favorite.

“I don’t understand,” I said looking up after scanning the page quickly.

“Open this.” He went on handing me an envelope with princess stickers on it.

“Okay,” I paused and opened the envelope pulling out two tickets, that read “Saints and Sinner’s festival” on them.

“You got them?” I shouted throwing everything off of my lap and tackling Jesse to the floor.

“Come on! You promised! I’m getting too old for this.” He laughed as I hugged him.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” I repeated over and over.

“Don’t mention it, however there is a catch.” He went on as I helped him up.

“What’s that?”

“Well for one those are just for you two, but myself, Mike, and Frankie are going too.”

“But Acacia is playing,”

“Which is the catch.”

“I have to be Frankie’s baby sitter don’t I?”

“Yup, and we’re taking your car.”

“Eh fuck it, works for me.” I shrugged making everyone laugh.

That night, once back at my apartment, and settled in, Niko and I decided to hit the lights on the small tree we had decorated the night before and exchange presents.

“Here you go,” I said hanging him a cup of tea as I sat on the floor next to him. “Ready?” I asked taking a sip of mine.

“Yup,” He smiled, as I handed him the first of the three wrapped gifts I had for him.

The first one he opened up was the pair of new Nike’s I bought him, which he seemed to like. The next I handed to him was just some clothes I had gotten for him, and lastly was the big one that I was hoping he would actually like.

“Last one,” I smiled handing it to him.

He carefully opened it, and let out a chuckle. “I sort of was expecting this cause I saw how you were eyeing mine when you came over.” Niko laughed as he pulled out the new ipod I bought him.

“Well cause look, I got you the Nike crap too so you can train with it. You put it in the arm band and then I think there’s like a sensor or something I don’t know the guy at the store said it was perfect for athletes.” I rambled which made him smile at me.

“It’s wonderful,” He said silencing me, “Thank you,” He added.

“Thank god! I was worried you weren’t going to like it or something.” I sighed in relief.

“Now, it’s time for yours.” He smiled, handing me a box.

“I’m stating now that I have the right to veto any gift I deem too much.” I told him as I undid the ribbon and opened it. Inside was a beautiful, light pink, satin dress.

“So are you going to veto it?” Niko joked as I felt him put his arms around my middle, as I pulled out the dress and held it up.

“Its beautiful, I have no idea what to wear it to but it is beautiful.”

“Oh I think you might.” I heard him say softly.

“What?”

“Look in the box,”

I looked down to see a plane ticket; I put the dress down and pulled it out, it was a ticket to England, with a connecting flight to Moscow, Russia.

“I can understand going to England, but why am I going to Russia?” I asked him confused.

“We have a friendly match with the Russian team, it’s the last of the year.” He explained.

“You’re, you’re taking me to, with you to-the, the,” I began stuttering in pure shock.

“I’m taking you with me to Russia to the match, as well as the Team's dinner afterwards. We’ll be there for a week.” He explained.

“This is the best gift anyone ever gave me, thank you so much Niko.” I told him hugging him tightly, and planting a kiss on his lips, the first one since he had arrived here.

“You’re welcome.” He smiled hugging me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bella's outfit

Sorry for the long delays between postings, finals and projects are starting to stack up.