Just Like the Leaves Change in Colors

Getting ready.

Gerard's POV
A Few Hours Later...

Both Lindsey and I were hogging the bathroom in the tour bus. We were getting ready for tonights show. Both of us where really excited, yet really nervous. Rachel forgave me like an hour ago. I had gone into to talk and apologize to her. Although, I didn't do anything bad. But, she got pissed at me, so I apologized anyways. She apologized back, so it's alright.

Rachel was telling Lindsey that she wants her to do her make-up. So, I was done doing my hair. I kissed Lindsey's cheek, and walked out of the bathroom. I walked into the living area, and Rachel and Mikey were sitting there. Rachel was watching TV, and Mikey was texting on his phone.

All the other bands were here. I met Chibi, and Lindsey tackled her in a hug. They caught up for a couple minutes and whatnot. But yeah, that's what everyone has been doing for two hours. Talking, and catching up with everyone.

I was really shocked to see Bert. Lindsey had met him with me, and they started talking. I didn't really like the way he looked at her. He was looking at her like she was something to eat. That's not his job, it's my job. I finally got Lindsey away from him. That was a couple hours ago, and I haven't seen him since. I was kind of glad I didn't.

We had gotten into some trouble years ago, and I don't really want any trouble now. Especially since I have a three year old daughter, and a wife. I sat next to Rachel and she looked at me.

“Hi daddy,” she said.

I smiled, and kissed the top of her head.

“Are you excited to see your mommy and I perform?” I asked.

Rachel smiled really wide and nodded. I heard the bathroom door open, and Lindsey walked out. I stared at her as she walked. She was still the most beautiful woman I've seen in my whole life. I stood up, brought her into my arms and kissed her. Lindsey smiled, and I smiled back at her.

“I love you so much,” I told her.

“I love you, too,” I said.

“Dude, can you guys take that elsewhere?” I heard someone say.

We both looked to where the voice came from and saw Mikey and Rachel looking up at us. Lindsey let out a tiny laugh, and I just smiled. Soon we heard a knock at the door, and Brian walked in. We all greeted him, and he greeted us back. You know, same old thing.

“Alright. The show is about to start. All the kids are piling in, and the show is completely sold out. So, go put on a great show,” Brian said.

My eyes widened, and my stomach started to feel tight. I was a couple hours away from preforming for the first time in years. Brian left the tour bus, and I looked at Lindsey. She placed her hands on my face and stared into my eyes. I'm guessing she knew I was nervous?

“Calm down, Gerard. You have nothing to be nervous about. You will be absolutely amazing,” she said.

I smiled, and sighed. Lindsey smiled at me, and placed a kiss on my lips. I smiled, and brought her closer to me. She always knew how to make me feel better. Like, if I was scared, or nervous she knew how to take that away. She was such an angel. I loved her so much.

“Mommy? Can you do my make-up?” I heard a voice say.

Lindsey smiled, and looked over my shoulder. She pecked my lips, and went over to Rachel.

“How do you want it done?” She asked.

“Like yours.” Rachel said with a smile.

Lindsey stared at me and smiled. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

“Do you want me to do your hair like me, too?”

Her eyes got wide, and she nodded. Lindsey smiled, and picked her up. I don't really think Rachel would work really well with Lindsey if she tried to put on some eyeliner.

“Lindsey, come here really quick,” I called.

Lindsey soon came out, and stood in front of me.

“What?”

I smiled, “I don't really think that Rachel will work really well with you putting eyeliner on. Just do a little bit of lipstick. Make sure you don't over do it, either.”

“Calm down, Gerard. I'm not going to make our daughter look like some cheap hoe. She's going to look fabulous!” She beamed.

I smiled, and kissed her lips. She walked back into the bathroom, and I sat on the bus couch. I started twiddling my thumbs together. My Chem still had another couple of hours before we went on. The Birthday Massacre were going on first, then it was Morningwood, then it was The Used, then Mindless, and lastly My Chem.

Us and Mindless had the longest set. Seeing as we just came out with records, we were both doing the same amount of time that we would normally do if we were touring separately. Pretty soon, Lindsey and Rachel walked out of the bathroom. I smiled. Lindsey put a little bit of red lipstick on Rachel's lips, and put her dark brown hair into two pigtails.

“Well, don't you look beautiful!” I gasped.

Lindsey smiled, and looked down at Rachel. I got down to her level and placed a kiss on her cheek.

“Do I really look beautiful?” She asked, smiling.

I nodded, “You look just like your mommy.”

Rachel smiled wide, and looked up at Lindsey. A knock on the bus interrupted us. Brian walked on, and smiled at us.

“You two—err, three, sorry—need to go inside,” he said.

I nodded, and stood up. I looked at Lindsey, and we shared a smile. Seeing as Lindsey was holding on to one of Rachel's hands, I grabbed onto the other. Both of us lifted her up and swung her. She squealed and giggled.

We walked towards the front of the bus, and out of the door. We had to help Rachel down, though. Her legs were tiny, and the bus steps were large. We walked into the venue, and we got Rachel some ear plugs. I started putting them into her ears, and she started to protest.

“But, daddy! I want to hear the music!” She whined.

“You will be able to hear the music, baby. It just won't hurt your ears,” I said.

I didn't want her to loose her hearing. She's only three, and her ears are still extremely sensitive to loud noises.

“Do you want to go watch the other bands, or do you just want to watch mommy and I?”

“I just want to watch you two,” she said.

I smiled, and we started to walk backstage. Once we entered, Rachel gasped.

“What is this place?” She asked, amazed.

Lindsey and I both smiled.

“This is backstage. This is were all the band hangs out when the show is over,” Lindsey said.

Rachel turned around, a big smile on her face.

“So, you mean we come back here afterwards?”

“Well, if you can stay awake, you can come back.”

“What do you mean?” She asked, pouting.

“The show isn't going to be done till really late. So, if you can stay awake long enough, then you can come back here,” I said.

She crossed her arms, and narrowed her eyes. A trait learned from Lindsey.

“I can so stay up!” She protested.

I smiled. I'm sure she won't be able to stay up. The show is most likely going to get done at eleven, and her bed time is eight.

“Whatever you say, Rachel,” I said, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a long update for the long wait. :]

I hope this was okaay. The next chapter will be awesome. :D