The Best Story in the World

Chapter 6

“Okay, when I press this button,” Gerard indicated a giant red flashing button which had the words ‘Do Not Press’ clearly labeled underneath, “We have 30 seconds to run out of the castle and to dive under the big purple elephant.”

No one seemed to be paying attention to Gerard as he said “Ready, set, go!” He pressed the button with such force, that it made the count down go 2 times faster.

Milady’s eyes widened, she turned abruptly and charged up the stairs, “My Nazi Uniform collection!”

Rick, trying to protect his sister, ran after her “Milady!”

Spencer, remembering Jon, bolted in to the hall way and out of sight, “I’m going to get Jon!”

Brendon stood there awkwardly, trying to remember if he had left anything inside the castle, “My microphone!” He cried, thinking of the microphone he had shoved in to a tree earlier.

Gerard turned to see they had all disappeared, “Oh, they must all be out side already! I’d better hurry so I don’t get blown up in to outer space!”

With that he fled out of the castle and dived under the purple elephant. He counted down from 10.

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5…” There was a loud, BOOM! As the pretty pink castle blew up.

“Whoa, wasn’t expecting that...” he said. Gerard looked up to see that the castle had been annihilated and all that was left was a pile of pink ash and the remains of a Mc Donald’s Happy Meal.

Suddenly realising that he was the only one under the purple elephant, Gerard burst into tears. “Of all the emo-ness in my life this is the saddest moment.”

He pulled out a razor and began whittling away at a piece of pink debris from the castle. “Why, why must I be left alone in this world?”

Faintly, Gerard could hear someone shouting ‘Run, run, run as fast as you can, you can’t catch me, I’m the gingerbread man!’ He put his face in his hands and sighed.

Abruptly, Ryan came charging from out of the trees, waving his arms, “It’s okay Gerard, you’ve got me!”

“Oh God, I’d rather be alone!” Before Ryan reached him, Gerard got up and ran into the forest, never to be seen again.

“I don’t understand,” said Ryan, coming to a stop next to the purple elephant, “What happened to the castle? Where is everybody?” He looked sadly at where Gerard had disappeared.

“Rather unfortunate story actually,” said the purple elephant, peering at Ryan with his big green eyes. “It all started when a wolf trespassed into a pretty pink castle…”
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.