The Cursed Lake

Herald

Uncle Jerry saw Frank at the front step, lost in thoughts.
“A penny for your thoughts?” he said. “Oh I was thinking about Herald. How does he look?” Frank answered. “Well this rest house is old. You might find something here,” Uncle Jerry answered.
“Uncle Jerry! Everything’s packed up!” Ray called.
“Okay! I got to go Frank. See you later.” Uncle Jerry said.
Frank nodded.
Frank looked at the house.
“I might found something interesting here.” Frank said to himself. He smiled.
He went inside.

“Ray! Have you seen Frank?” Gerard asked.
“Nope.” Ray answered.
“Where is that knucklehead?” Gerard said.

“Ugh! Ugh!” Frank coughed. He’s at the attic of the house. “It’s so dusty here…” Frank said.
He found some old boxes. “It’s all nonsense!” Frank said. Then he noticed a chest. It looks like a treasure chest.

“Frank? Frank? Frank!” Gerard called.
Frank quickly went back to the bedroom.
“Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you almost an hour!” Gerard scolded.
“I’m just here.” Frank answered.
“The lunch is ready.” Gerard said. He went out of the room.
“Phew, that was so close. I would look crazy for them if they knew it.” he said.
After lunch, Frank was going upstairs when Ray stopped him. “Come on! Let’s play Guitar Hero!” Ray suggested. “But… I’m too busy.” Frank answered.
“This is a vacation. And what are you doing?” Ray asked. Frank can’t say a word. Frank agreed. After playing Guitar Hero, he immediately went back to the attic.
He looked at the chest. It’s locked. He found a hammer. He broke the pad lock and opened the chest.

Birth certificates
Medals
Certificates


Something caught Frank’s attention. It’s an envelope that labeled “Herald Moore”. He opened the envelope. There was a letter.

Herald was a good son. He’s our only son. He’s smart, disciplined and handsome. I can’t take the reason he died because of that lake. He has a bright future. We have many plans for him. I can’t believe that this is the end.

At the back of the letter there was a signature saying “Mrs. Moore”.

Then there was a picture of Herald. Frank mouth opened. His eyes widened. He can’t believe it.
He looks exactly like Herald!

“How could that be?” Frank asked himself. Then he saw a drawing. It was a girl. The girl he dreamed, the one who was running away from him. At the upper right of the drawing was entitled “Kiara, my love”.

Frank can’t believe it.
Is that the reason why I’m the only one she’s calling?
Frank looked at the other envelopes.
There he found Herald’s diary.

January 22, 1805
My parents engaged me to Olivia Rush. She’s smart, disciplined and beautiful but I don’t love her. She’s not the type of girl I want. I don’t like her.


He turned the pages more.

February 24, 1805
I went to the lake to have some fun. Many said fairies live there. But I don’t believe in those things. When I washed my face at the lake I saw someone looking at me. A girl. But she disappeared.


Frank continued to turn the pages.

March 15, 1805
I saw the girl again. This time she didn’t disappeared. She said that her name was Kiara. She’s so beautiful. She looked like a fairy. I know it sounds crazy but it’s true.


“This is it…” Frank said. He turned the pages again.

March 31, 1805
This July I will marry Olivia but I hate her. All inside my heart is Kiara. I love her so much. This night we’ll run away. Kiara, my love.


That’s the last note in his diary. Then attached to the notebook was Herald’s picture riding a horse.
“I really looked like him.” Frank said to himself.

“Frank? Frank? Frank!” Gerard called. Frank put back everything. He found a necklace; he put it in his pocket. He quickly went back to the bedroom. “Where have you been? You look so dusty!” Gerard said. “I tried to look the attic.” Frank said. Gerard looked at him. “Be ready! The dinner will be ready in 5 minutes…”he said. He goes out of the room. Frank sat at his bed.

After dinner, Frank looked at the lake.

“Why me?” he asked to himself.

“Frank? Turn off the night lamp and sleep!” Gerard shouted.

Frank closed the night lamp…

Frank… Frank…
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading this chapter...
i hope you like it...
i will finish the others for all of you