New Jersey Academy

Chapter 4

We walked out of the East Wing and towards the way we had come for lunch.

"Look Trey, no offence or anything but why do you guys act weird around Aiden? Its like hes the king or whatever. Like he rules you guys. Which he doesn't."

"Something like that yeah." Trey muttered his head down like he didn't like the subject. Well i didn't care if he didn't. I wanted to know what was up with this school. We walked to double doors which looked something like a library.

"This the library?" i asked. "Yeah" he answered. I pushed the doors open. The library was quite old fashioned. It had high oak bookshelves, leather couches and wooden tables.

"Urgh..." Trey looked at me and grinned. "This is the research area, for history." He emphasized on the word 'history'. "This.." he walked to the back of the library and took a left turn ,"Is the study area."

"SWEET!!!" I exclaimed. the walls were painted neon colours and the carpet was black. In the middle there were tables and computers. There were also, what looked like reading books stacked up on a shelf. And different coloured beanies and inflatable chairs everywhere. I went and sat on a black beanie.

"Cool." Trey came and sat next to me on a blue swivel chair. "Thought you like it." I looked around and as usual boys were looking at me. 'get over it" I thought.
We were silent for a while and then my face dropped. "Yeah real nice Trey..." I said.

"What?" he said confused. "You were distracting me! I know you don't like the subject but i need to know!" I protested.

He rolled his eyes. "Look I can't tell you anything."
"Why not?" I pleaded

"Its complicated."

"How?"

"And you would freak."

"Try me."

I gave him a stern look. He sat back and took a deep breathe. "OK maybe i could tell you a bit. And i mean a little bit. But from there your going to have to work it out for yourself."

"Why cant you just tell me straight?" i asked

"Have you ever had a secret that you CANNOT tell anybody yourself?"

"I might have." I replied.

"Well this is just like that. I cant tell you. I can only tell you a few odd things."

"Alright then just tell me." i requested.

"Alright i will tell you, but trust me your gonna find it weird."

"Trey.." i pleaded.

"OK OK. But ill only tell you a few things. Obviously as you know these boys are different. The exact reason why, i cant tell you. erm... oh yes. If you approach a student and lets say his eyes are an unnatural colour. you must go away from him."
I looked at him, my eyes narrowed.

"But why..." i started but Trey cut me off.

" Look, you cant ask me any questions. And i told you, you would find this weird. But you have to trust me and promise me you'll do what i tell you. You might not believe me but it will be dangerous for you to be here. But me and Jack will try our best to help. You promise?"
I looked into his eyes which were midnight blue under the dim light of the library.

"Alright i promise."

"Good and you cannot go on midnight walks or whatever either."

"Why?"

"Just, OK. I told you there's only a certain amount i can tell you. This is hard for me as well you know."

I looked at him and kinda felt sorry for him. I had after all pressurised this out of him.
"OK i promise to do what you told me to. nd by unnatural eye colour do you mean stuff like red or black?" i asked curiously.
"Something like that yeah. and from here your just gonna have to make theories."
I nodded my head. I tried putting all the information together but it just confused me. I would think about it in the morning. Talking about the time...
"Hey Trey what time is it?" he looked down at his watch. His eyes widened in alarm. Thats when i realized that nobody was in the library.
"Come on we gotta go!" he exclaimed.
He started running as i followed.
"Why whats up?" I asked as we ran.
"All students must be in their dorms by half 10 its exactly 10:27. We gotta get back quick."
We ran all the way back to our room. When we got there Trey said "Ha! 10:30 on the spot!" he gave me a high five childishly.