Status: Complete.

Memoirs of a Gay Guy : Till September

Entry : 50

I just got home form writing my last exam. I barely even remember anything from it. I was partially focused on what I was going to say to Jeremy. I met Fin in the cafeteria again and she was sitting with Riley and Jeremy this time. My breath caught when he smiled at me. And the fact that Riley was there too certainly did not help the situation. But just as I was thinking that, he looked at his watch and said, "Shit my bus. I've got to go guys." He jumped up, patted Jeremy on the back, hugged Fin, then hugged me, said, "Call me, we'll hang," and was gone in a matter of minutes. Did they plan that?

I barely had any time to process this when Fin got up and said, "Yeah we'd better get going too if we want to catch our bus to the Station."

"We'll miss it if we wait any longer," Jeremy added. "You coming Will?"

"Y-yeah...for sure," I spoke for the first time.

They both smiled and Fin said, "Perfect." I swear she must have orchestrated this whole thing!

The bus ride to the station wasn't nearly as awkward as I'd thought it would be. Fin, sitting between Jeremy and I, kept the conversation light and friendly. We talked about summer plans and the song that Fin had performed at the end of year assembly. She told us all about what inspired it and hidden meanings she'd put in. Jeremy told us about his summer plans to spend four weeks in the UK. It sounded like the vacation of a lifetime, yet all the same I was disappointed that he'd be gone for a lot of the summer.

When we got to the Station and we were looking at times for our respective buses, Fin announced that Tony was meeting her there and that she and him would be going back to his house. So that meant I'd be alone with Jeremy to wait for our buses. Yup, she definitely planned every step.

So eventually Tony came and whisked her away and Jeremy and I were finally alone.

"So," he said. "You wanna sit down?"

I nodded. "My bus isn't coming for half an hour, so I'll wait with you. If you want the company that is."

He smiled, "'Course I do."

So we went and sat down where his bus would be stopping and didn't say anything else for a few minutes.

"So," I said.

"So," he mimicked. "I talked to Emma yesterday."

I gulped. "I, uh...um, me too."

He sighed deeply and said, "Will." So I looked at him and he continued. "The thing is...here's the thing. The thing is that...I like you. I really like you. And the fact that you're gay too makes this whole thing a lot less awkward but it'd be even less so if you said you liked me too, but I don't expect-"

"I like you. Have for a while now." It felt so good to finally say it. I can't believe I didn't break my face from smiling so broadly.

"So," he was smiling now too, "What now?"

"Well," I started, "there's been something I've wanted to ask you for a while now." He nodded, indicating me to continue. "See, I've been wondering...could I call you Jem?"

He laughed and said, "Yes, I'd love that. But what I meant was, what do we do now about, well...us?"

"Well I...I like you, and you like me, so I'd say that's a pretty solid start."

"But I'm leaving for the UK tomorrow. For almost the whole summer," he reminded me.

"But you said it was only for four weeks, that's not really the whole summer, there's still-"

He silenced me with a finger on my lips. "I'm not even coming back home after the UK. We're going straight to Winnipeg to spend the rest of the summer at my grandparents' cottage. I'll have to live the whole summer in the same clothes, can you believe that?"

"I'll miss you," I offered.

"I'll miss you too." He paused and said, "But for now I think we should just take the summer to think about this...about us, and see where we are in September."

"That's a good idea," was all I could say. Just then his bus pulled up so we both stood and I said, "Till September?" extending my hand for a shake.

He grasped my hand and agreed, "Till September."

He was holding my hand, we were looking at each other and suddenly, this look came into his eyes. Then he pulled me closer to him and he, well, he kissed me. And I kissed him back.

It was the single most amazing sensation I've ever felt in my entire life. But it was over in a matter of seconds. Jeremy looked at me one last time, then he turned, boarded the bus and was gone. No last words, no real goodbyes, just that kiss and a promise; till September.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. This is really the end. Well, until the sequel that is. I don't want to make any promisees but I'm going to aim for October to start posting. Thank you to everybody who read and especially those who commented. The feedback means so much! Also, to tide you over until the sequel I've got another story one the go, I just know you'll love it. The August Project.
Peace&Love
-EverydayPeople