‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 50-Melissa

“Those were touching, Nick,” Barbod laughed and I grinned. Nick gave a well preformed saying earlier and made everyone think twice.

“Okay, I get you!” Nick grinned ear to ear. He grinned as Barbod pulled me away,

“Mel, I need to talk to you,” he pulled me into a hug and kissed my ear, “but you can’t be mad or cry.”

I nodded, “What?”

“I’m going for two years, with Connor.”

I felt my heart freeze but I stayed calm, “Why?”

“Connor wants me to learn from him. He says I need to learn a lot,” he kissed me again, this time on the neck; “he says we need to go as far away as possible to learn the best. I’m still going to love you, forever and always.

I nodded, “I understand. Just don’t get killed. When are you leaving?”

“Midnight, tonight,” he quietly whispered.

That soon? I asked myself, But you just got better…

“Connor says the sooner we set out the sooner we’re home and in our lovers’ arms.”

I still understood, “Okay, Barb.”

Twelve AM dawned and Barb quietly knocked on my bedroom door, “Come one, Mel. Get up and meet us outside or I’ll leave without seeing you again,” he wandered away and I crept out. The hallways were dark and floors cold against my feet, but I continued to the door.

Outside, Connor, Nick, Tina, Hex and Barbod stood. Connor was hugging Tina and Barbod hugging Nick. I sighed, “Mel!” Barbod yelled, quietly and hugged me clothes, “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

“Come on, Barby,” Connor said, already disappearing into the darkness. Barbod kissed me gently again and disappeared behind Connor. I felt like crying but I knew I shouldn’t.

“Remember, you promised,” I mumbled and headed inside to wait two years for Barbod to return.