Lake Effect

Chapter 10.

Pete adjusted back to human life quickly. He had told everyone that he had taken time out because of the stress he had been under. He had blamed it on the record label, Clandestine Industries and being on tour for nearly enough the past 8 months before disappearing.

He had swiftly moved in with Patrick, most of his things already being there since Patrick had to pack down Pete’s house when he had disappeared. And they had finally told more of their friends where the house was. They had a party for Pete and Patrick finally getting together, which most of the label, plus Mikeyway and his band, had attended.

“It seems like it never happened now, doesn’t it?” Patrick said as he sat in Pete arms one evening about 3 weeks after they had both changed back. They were on the end of the pier, watching the sun set.

“It seems like a dream. But a very good one. Especially since what happened to us brought us together.” Pete said, kissing Patrick’s cheek. “I kind of wish we could go back though. It was pretty fucking awesome.”

Patrick nodded his agreement. Then he turned to Pete. “Kiss me.” Pete didn’t need to be told twice.

They heard paper flutter behind them and they parted, looking around to see a piece of paper sitting there. Pete frowned, getting up to pick it up.

“Trick, it’s got our names on it.” Pete said. Patrick stood up to stand by Pete.

---------------

‘Pete and Patrick,

I hope that you have learnt something from your experience under the water. As it seems, Pete, you have found true love somewhere where it has always been, but you have been too blind to see it before. I wish you both the best together.

Oh, and you’ll find that when you swim in the lake you live on, you have to power to change back to your other forms. This will only work if you are in the lake though. Take care with this, and good luck.’


---------------

“It’s not even signed.” Patrick murmured. “And it’s kinda freaky.”

“Yeah. But still…” Pete stripped off the trousers and boxers he was wearing and jumped into the water. When he resurfaced, he grinned up at Patrick. “She’s not as crazy as she sounds.” He used his tail to flick water up at Patrick.

“Hey!” Patrick shouted.

“Come on Trick, come for a swim?” Pete pouted up at him.

Patrick sighed and grinned. “Of course.” He stripped off his clothes and left his hat on top of them before jumping into the water. He didn’t feel any pain, but he knew the second he hit the water that he had his tail and fin back. “I could get used to this double life.”

“Me too Trick. Now, let’s just swim around.” Pete held his hand out and Patrick gripped it tightly.

Together, the two lovers swam off, noting to tell Andy and Joe of what had happened tomorrow. But tonight, it was just about them.

About patrickandpete.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwws!

So, how did you like the end? If I get enough feedback, there may be a sequel or a spin off. Depends on the response I get.

Read these stories!
YouAndMeForeverYoung. A girl!Gabe story. It's pretty godamn amazing!
Fate: Brought To You By Gypsy Magic. A girl!Spencer story. Spin off to the above mentioned story, so read them both. Read them both and magical pixies will appear and give you Pete.

Comment and magical pixies will bring you Joe. (I'm keeping Andy cos he's awesome and Patrick cos he's adorkable! :D lols!)

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo