Lake Effect

Chapter 4.

“So, what’s it like? Being able to breathe underwater and shit?” Patrick asked Pete later that afternoon.

He’d left Pete on the boat with Hemingway while he had run in, and then he’d taken the boat back out again. Pete had stayed on the boat, his hair drying for the first time since this had happened. It looked matted Pete didn’t care. It felt normal to him.

“It’s pretty fucking awesome dude. I mean, it’s an amazing feeling.” Pete told him.

“If you could have got in touch with us, would you have?”

“I guess. At first, I was worried that I would never find you again, that I’d spend the rest of my life like this, alone.”

“Well, at least we don’t have to worry about any more pictures of your dick getting over the internet.”

“Yeah, because me having a tail instead of a dick is like, so much better.” Pete said sarcastically.

“Dude, cut the sarcasm, yeah?” Patrick said, putting his hand on his shoulder. “I’m telling Andy and Joe.”

Pete stared at him. “Uh, no.”

“Why not? They’re your friends too.”

“Because… just no! I’m off.” Pete went to move off the boat, but Patrick pulled him back. “Trick, you let me go right now!”

“No, you are not escaping from me.” Pete and Patrick both pulled which ended up with Patrick falling into Pete’s lap. They looked at each other, their faces close. “So, I’ll tell you what’s going to happen. I’m going to bring Andy and Joe out tomorrow. You’re going to be here and you are going to talk to them.”

“What if I don’t agree?”

“Then I tie your hands together, I keep you on the boat all night and then I bring them tomorrow either way.”

“You know what? You’re mean.” Pete pouted. “But fine. I’ll be here.”

“Good.” Patrick got off his lap. “Thank you.”

“And I’ll bring the hat you lost yesterday too.”

“You found my hat?” Patrick said, smiling.

“Yeah. I knew you’d want it back, I mean, I got it for you.”

“It is one of my favourites.”

“So, what are you doing the rest of today?” Pete asked, stretching his arms.

“I was actually just going to spend today looking for you. I was convinced it was you yesterday, even though Andy and Joe thought I was going crazy, but I knew it was you.”

“I didn’t want to get close, but when you didn’t come up, I knew something was wrong, and I couldn’t let you die. I didn’t want you to die.”

I’m glad for that. I don’t want to die either.” The two men laughed.

Patrick stayed out on the boat for hours until it started to get dark.

“I’ll be back tomorrow. I promise.” Patrick said.

“You better. I really wanna see Andy and Joe again now.” Pete said.

Patrick help Pete over to the back of the boat and he stroked Hemingway once more and Patrick leant down for a hug before Pete jumped into the water. Patrick got the torch so he could see Pete. “See you tomorrow Pete.” Patrick said.

“Bye dude.” He said before diving under the water. Patrick grinned and took the boat back.

The next day, he got Andy and Joe over and they took the boat out.

“So, why are you so happy today? You’ve been practically depressed since all this shit with Pete happened.” Andy said.

“There’s someone I want you to see today.”

“Uh, how can we see anyone other than us on this boat?” Joe asked.

“Trohman, Hurley, get your asses to the back of the boat!” Pete shouted. Patrick smiled as Joe and Andy looked confused.

“What the fuck?” Joe said, walking over there, then he jumped back, shock written all over his face. “Holy shit dude!”

“What, Joe?” Andy asked. He walked over and saw Pete floating there, fin floating in front of him.

“Hey guys.” Pete grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who's reading this. I wasn't sure of the reaction I'd get cos it's a little freaky, but thank you anyway guys!

Comments are a great way to make me happy. And to make me update.

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo