Lake Effect

Chapter 6.

Andy and Joe had both decided that since Pete was stuck in the lake for however long, they were going to lodge at Patrick’s for a while. Patrick didn’t mind at all, it was great having them over.

Sometimes they just sat out on the pier for hours, talking to Pete, who sat in the water, trying to splash them.

Sometimes, they pushed each other in and Pete dragged them through the water while the others watched and laughed.

Sometimes Patrick went to talk to Pete alone, while Joe and Andy played Guitar Hero or Rock Band or whatever else Patrick had.

It was 3 weeks since Pete had revealed himself as he was and he still hadn’t changed back.

“I’m beginning to think that crazy gypsy was right. About the whole true love shit, I mean.” Pete said. Patrick had taken the boat out one night on his own, while Joe and Andy had got an early night.

“Maybe you’ll turn back soon.” Patrick said.

“You’ve been saying that for 3 weeks, I don’t think it’s going to happen, Trick.” Pete said, looking up at the stars.

“Don’t lose hope Pete.” Patrick put an arm around him. “I haven’t.”

“Thanks Trick.” Pete smiled. “So, are you ever going to tell Bill and Gabe about this place? I mean, you’ve lived here a month already.”

“Do you want William or Gabe finding out about you?” Patrick asked. “I might invite Brendon and the guys though.”

“Are you kidding? Can you imagine the abuse I would get from Ryan?” Pete said.

“I think it’s safest if we don’t invite anyone here.”

“Yeah, sounds good. And my dignity stays intact.”

Patrick snorted. “What dignity?”

“You bitch.”

“Whatever.”

“I’ll give you whatever.” Pete pushed him. Patrick pushed back and the two began play fighting, which would have been easier for them both if Pete had legs instead of a tail.

“Do you think that I will turn back? Truthfully Patrick.” Pete said, leaning his head on Patrick’s shoulder when they had got bored.

“I seriously think you will. I wouldn’t say it unless I thought it.”

Pete nodded. “Ok.”

Patrick yawned and looked back across the lake at the house. “You know what? There’s a blanket on the boat, I’m gonna crash here. I’m really tired.” He said, getting up and finding the blanket. “I’ll see you tomorrow then, yeah?”

“I’m staying with you Trick.” Pete said. “I can’t leave you on a boat all on your own, all night.” Pete shuffled so he was laying next to Patrick.

“Night Pete.” Patrick said, closing his eyes.

“Night Trick.” Pete put his arm over Patrick’s body as he too closed his eyes.

The next morning, Pete woke up with his arm still over Patrick. He opened his eyes and saw Patrick was still asleep. Then he looked down and his eyes widened.

“Fuck.” He cursed quietly.

Ok, so yeah, they figured out why Pete was like this, or the most probable reason at least, but why did Patrick suddenly have a tail as well?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, why is that, I wonder...

Give me a comment with what you think is going to happen. Thankies!

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo