Attack

Falling In Love

"Aww you guys! Can you believe it?!?! It's the end of the school year! We're gonna be freshmen next year!" Kaitlyn, my best friend said to me and my other two friends, Ridhima and Yesenia.

"Yeah cute guys and WAY more better parties!!" Yesenia said, smiling.

"Hell yeah!" Rihdima slapped a high five with Yesi.

"Come on, guys. It's not that great. Well.....it is but still it'll be in the same building same people....nothing's gonna change." I said not that excited.

"Yeah but you already have ticket ready for you in high school because of your brother Danny.It doesn't matter to you." Kaitlyn said. Yesi and Rihdima nodded in agreement.

"Whatev. You know I don't care about those things."

"Yeah you do! You know you're just hiding you're excitement to Jared!" they all laughed and screeched like little girls.

I rolled my eyes. Jared Leto is kind of Danny's best friend. He's super hot! I talk to him from time to time. My friends think I like a god for knowing him. Honestly, he's just a friend. But of course my friends are all saying that he likes me. Yeah okay whatever. Come on don't get me wrong I would love to have him crushing on me cause there ain't no girl in the world who doesn't want him crushing on them. But like he's gonna care about his best friend's little freshman sister. Kaitlyn keeps on reasuring that he does. She said he always looks and me and always says hi to me in the hallway. But I know he's just trying to be nice. It's what every sophomore does. Well now he's a junior. But it makes no sense what so ever that he has feelings for me.

"Oh my gosh! There he is! Quick Sarah go talk to him!" Kaitlyn was pushing me towards Jared.

We were in the hallway and Jared was looking at the bulletin board just a few feet from where we were standing.All of sudden, my heart start racing. Why am I so scared?

"No! Can't you see he's busy y'all?"

"Yeah right! You know you want to go talk to him! Whoo Sarah has a crush on Jared!" Rihdima start jabbing my arm with her finger. "Ouch!Okay okay if you stop poking me I'll go."
Immediately, she stopped. Crap.

I took a breath and walked over. Oh crap what if something went wrong? What would I say? What would he say if I just come up to him and started talk to him like he's my best buddy in the world? Wait why I'm nervous around Jared? It's just Jared. Right??

I walked up to the bulletin board and stood right beside Jared. He kept looking at the board like he didn't notice. To get his attention I cleared my throat and started to say something. "So, um, thinking about joining the basketball team?"

"Pssh. You kidding me? I suck at sports." He said without looking at me.

Of course you don't how stupid of me, I said to myself. I wanted to run away and crawl in hole. Why would he? He wears skinny jeans like I do. Shit, I ruined it.

"Oh." was all I can say and looked down ashamed.

He must've sensed that I was just trying to start up a conversation and tried to keep it going. "It's okay you didn't know. So are you gonna be at your brother's party tonight or are you going somewhere else?" I looked up and saw that he was being serious.

"Oh yeah my friend's party is not till tomorrow so yeah. Probably not gonna party though."

"Oh. Well I hope I get to see you there. You would make it more fun. " He laughed. I laughed back nervously not sure if he was kidding or being for real.

"Yeah well guess I'll see you there."

"Yeah I guess you will."

The bell for school to start on the last day rang. Thank god. Could this conversation get any worse?

"Guess I better go to first period." I turned around and started walking to my laughing friends.

"Yeah....bye." He said behind me. I couldn't bear to look back and say bye back. I felt like an idiot just jumping into his way.

"Wow. That went well." Yesi said. I buried my face into my hands. "You have no idea."

***********
"I really don't want to be here Kaitlyn. It sucks. I'm gonna have to hide up here for the rest of the night. I can't be around Danny's perverted friends and Jared. They'll eat me alive." I told Kaitlyn on the phone. I was in my room hearing Danny talking to one of his buddies downstairs.

Danny practically raises me right now. It's just me and him. My parents travel alot because of their jobs. They go as far as Australia. When Danny was 13 and I was 10 my parent told him to take care of me when they're gone.Sometimes they come for day to get more clothes and other stuff and mostly all we say is hi and bye. It kind of sucks having not knowing my parents that well. But it's good to have Danny. Danny takes care me when I need him the most. He's a good brother.

"Well then just stay in your room."

" That's what I plan to do." I told her. I really really wanted to anyway. I know Danny is gonna have beer and people down there are gonna be crazy as hell. "*sighs* Well guess I'll see you tomorrow for the sleepover."

"Yeah have fun! Say hi to Jared for me! Remember, wearing protection doesn't cause an infection."

"Ugh Kaitlyn I'm NOT gonna have sex with Jared! He doesn't want me! And I'm not ready for that!" I freaked out at her.

"Well just in case." she laughed.

"Okay whatever. Bye talk to you later." I hung up.

I sighed and decided to go downstairs. If I'm gonna stay up here for the rest of the night I need something for energy. Might as well get some before the party starts.

************

As I started heading down stairs, I heard Jared's voice. Crap! He's already here. Damn it, I was hoping I would miss him. I knew I had to face it sometime and I really really needed food so I went down to the kitchen fearing the worst.

"Hey Sarah! Didn't know you were here! Were you hiding??" Danny's abnoxious friend, Adam, said to me. He's always so loud.

"Yeah just came down to get some food. I'll be out of the way in minute Danny."

"It's find, cutie. Just don't talk to any guys alright?" Danny smiled at me.

"Alright bro." I giggled. I headed to refridgerator and got some snacks and a drinks.

"Hey you're not gonna be down here?" Jared looked at me smiling.

"Naw too crazy down here. I'm just gonna relax in my room." I said preparing my snacks.

"Darn I was hopind you'd stay." He laughed.

"Yeah well too crazy. Sorry." I knew he was kidding, so I went up stairs and went to go chill in my room.

I went to talking on AIM on the computer, checking my myspace, my email, and a bunch of other stuff. I got bored after awhile and there was alot of noise downstairs. I wish I could talk to Jared. He's alot of fun to talk to. Oh well. That's never gonna happen. I decided to play my favorite song on my acoustic guitar. I got it from the case, sat down at the little window seat by my window, and started singing one of the songs I know on the guitar.:

"If you just walked away
What could I really say
Would It matter anyway
Would it change how you feel....."

*******Meanwhile, Jared's POV*********

I sighed and sat there drinking my beer. I didn't really feel like being there right then.

"Dude, Jared, come on man! Let's party!!!!" Jesse said. He was totally drunk. I could barely hear him over the loud music.

"Naw dude. You go on without me. I don't feel that good anyway."

"Hey if you're still trying to get over Jenny, then forget her man! She's wasn't worth it. Besides, she was a total bitch!" Jesse said.

"Yeah you're right." I laughed. But that wasn't what I was freaking out about.

"Okay well hope you feel better, dude. Laters!" He left following a girl who was begging him to follow her to another room.

I waved and continued to drink. I really wish I can talk to Sarah right now. God, she's great. The first time I met her, I knew I was gonna fall for her. I can't help it. She's so awesome and she's so beautiful and I just want to hold her everytime I see her. I wanted to go upstairs and see if she wanted to talk. I wanted to be with her right now. But I didn't want to barge in if she just wants to relax and not be bothered.I didn't know what to do.

I sighed and made decision. I finished my beer, threw it away, and made my way to the stairs.

*********Sarah's POV**********

"When it's just you and me
Who knows what we could do
If we can just make it through
The toughest part of the day
Well everything changes if I could
Turn back the years if you could
Learn to forgive me and I could
Learn how to feel and we could
Stay here together and we could
Conquer the world if we could
Say that forever is more than just a word
If you just walked away
What could I really say
Would it matter anyway
Would it change how you feel"

I strummed the last chord and sighed. I closed my eyes what seemed like a second before I heard a knock on my door.

"Shit." I mumbled and hurried to put my guitar in my case. I knew it was either gonna be Danny or one of his drunk friends wondering where the bathroom or a spare bedroom is. "Come in!." I yelled.

"Hello?" Crap. It was Jared.

"Hey!" My hair was all in my face from running around. I fixed it up and smiled.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you. I just wanna see what you're doing. If you don't want to be bothered that's totally cool I can leave."

"No no, it's okay, you can come in."

"Kay Thanks." he came and close the door behind him. He must've noticed that I was putting my guitar away. "You play?"

"Oh yeah. But I don't know alot. I'm not good."

"Oh. Do you mind if I try it out?"

"Sure! I want hear you play!" I took my guitar out of my case and handed it to him. He took it and sat on my bed. I sat beside him. He started playing a few chords. Then he started doing this song. He was playing good but he kept on pausing alot.

"Shit! Sorry. I'm usually really good at this." he laughed.

"It's okay. You sound good." I laughed back.

"I wanna kind of start a band later on." He said looking down. I didn't know if he was embarassed or just didn't want to look at me. "Really? That's awesome! I kind wanted to be in a band too." I said

He looked up. "Really? Wow. That's cool. I wanted to be the person in the band who writes all the lyrics."

"Me too! I like writing!"

"Really! What do you write about?" he seemed like he was really interested. I was glad.

"Well usually about heartbreaks and sadness. But i also write about happy stuff too."

"Yeah....I do too. i write about love alot."

I nodded. "Yeah, that's always a good thing to wirte about." I joked. We both looked down. Then I saw him look up.

"Do ever write about how you love someone so much and how wish you could tell them your feelings?" I looked up. He looked at me deep in the eyes. They were so beautiful.

"Yeah....lots of times." I looked down again scared to look in his eyes. Cause alot of them were about him.

"I do alot too. I write about a person in real life that I really like."

"Really?" I looked up. "Who is that? If you don't mind me asking."

He did a quick smile. Then he looked very serious with his eyes again. And he whispered, "You, Sarah."

My pulse quickened. I didn't know how to react. "Really....um I......I l-like you too...."

I looked back down quickly. I saw him put down my guitar on the floor and scoot closer to me. I panicked. The way he was talking made my whole body tingled. my heart was racing.

I could feel his breath on me and then I felt his finger under my chin and he lifted it up so I could face him. He looked at me with those beautiful eyes and kissed me. I kissed him back. He put his hands gently on my face. We kept on kissing. I didn't know what to do with my hands so I just keep them down and prop myself up because I knew I was gonna fall down like a blob of jelly if I didn't. His lips felt really good against my lips. His tongue wanted to come into my mouth and I let it. His tongues explored my mouth and my tongue did the same to his. We kept on kissing like that for a while.........