Homecoming

Shot Four

Eruptions of giggles and shrieks came from a slightly ajar door like exploding bombs. Billie Joe Armstrong pushed the door open the remaining way to find his two sons, Joey and Jakob, jumping on the large bed in excitement. Their feet causing depressions in the comforter and the headboard to squeak lightly.

"Will you two chill out?" He reprimanded lightly. He wasn't upset at the fact that they were jumping on a hotel bed, he was upset that it was near 11 o'clock at night and they were still awake even though they had to get up at 7:00 the following morning.

At his words, both boys fell onto the bed from their jumping and smiled sheepishly at their father. "Sorry Dad." The oldest, Joey, murmured.

"It's okay." Billie Joe made his way to the bed as the boys crawled underneath the soft sheets. "I know you're excited about tomorrow. I'm excited too." He sat down on the bed and pulled his knees up at he looked at his sons who were docilely in bed. "What do you want to do first?"

"Space Mountain."

"Rockin' Roller Coaster."

"Oooh, Pirates of the Carribean."

"Yeah."

Both boys leaned up in excitement at the prospect of going to the Disney World attractions in the coming morning. Their grins were contagious as Billie Joe found himself mimicking the actions. This was the first time the Armstrongs were going as a family.

Billie Joe and his wife Adrienne considered going right after they got married, but she soon found out she was pregnant with Joey. They had slight thoughts about it when Joey was three going on four to expect the trip in the next few years, but again, Adrienne was pregnant. That time it was with Jakob.

Now with the boys at the right, ripe ages of eleven and seven, the time finally seemed perfect for the family to travel to Orlando and take in the magic of the amusements. Billie Joe and Adrienne were excited and anxious for the trip just as much as the boys were.

"Well," Billie Joe pulled some of the blankets up higher on his offspring. "You know we can't do all of that if we don't get any sleep. If we don't get to sleep then we're just gonna be sitting on a bench and do nothing because we're too tired and that would suck."

"Yeah." Both boys agreed as they mimicked their dad in shaking their heads. A smirky sort of smile crept over Jakob's face however.

"We could watch the parade from the benches." He grinned at his dad, who was not as amused. "Huh, huh? We could if we were too tired. Me, Joey and Mom can sit at one and you can be sleeping on another until some girl starts screaming at you."

Billie Joe mocked laughed and softly hit Jakob on the head with a pillow. "Funny, funny Mr. Jakob." He received a face full of pillow in response from both directions. Jakob and Joey had attacked. "Ah, no! Stop!" Billie Joe felt around for a loose pillow that he could use against the assault.

Feeling one, he grabbed onto it and started to retaliate. "Ha, ha! You can't be me! Ooof!" Joey hit him square in the face. "Ow. Oooh, this is war now." All three of them were standing on the bed now, swinging madly at the other.

"Okay, enough!" Adrienne came into the room, clapping her hands. Joey and Jakob immediately dropped onto the bed, pillows discarded with innocent expressions on their faces.

"Really Billie." Adrienne sighed as she bent down to pick up a loose sock that was peppered on the floor.

"They started it." Billie Joe pointed to Joey and Jakob as he climbed off the bed.

"Did not!"

"Did too, now listen to your mom." Billie Joe gave Adrienne a sheepish smile. "I was making sure they were in bed."

"Mmm hmmm." Adrienne patted him on the behind. "I'm out of the shower, your turn. I'll put them to bed."

"All right." Billie Joe muttered. "Goodnight guys. Remember what I said." After receiving fellow 'goodnights' from his sons, Billie Joe hopped into the shower for a quick cleaning. Once he was clean and was drying his hair as he stumbled into the room he was sharing with his wife, he sat on the bed, closed his eyes, and groaned at the ability to just sit down and enjoy it knowing tomorrow that would be a faint fantasy.

He felt the bed dip down on the other side and knew Adrienne was there. "Are they asleep?" Billie Joe asked, his eyes still closed.

"Yes, finally. Seven is going to come really early considering it's past midnight now." Adrienne wrapped her arms around him and kissed his cheek. "Tired all ready?"

"Mmm hmm." Billie Joe abruptly leaned back onto the bed, taking Adrienne down with him, as she was below him.

"Billie!" She shoved him off of her and he rolled face first onto the mattress. "You crazy ass."

"Crazy bitch." Billie Joe retaliated as he sighed and pulled his head out of the comforter. He grinned at his wife as she got underneath the covers.

"What?" She mimicked his impish grin and tilted her head slowly.

A low chuckle escaped from his throat as he leaned up close to her, his breath tickling her ear as he leaned into it. "What do you want to do first?"

"Space Mountain."

"Aww, I wanted to do Rockin' Roller Coaster first."

"Well I figured as much." Adrienne quipped as she turned off the bedside light. "Night Billie."

"Night Adie." Billie Joe curled up next to her only to sleep a few winks before the wake up call rang and the boys began jumping on the bed, armed with their pillows.