‹ Prequel: Drop It on a Dime

Give Me This One Last Fighting Chance

One

“Adam, please save me. Don’t let me go this way” Her eyes began closing.

“Dani please, Im trying”

I woke up in a cold sweat and heard Emma crying. Every time I had a dream about Dani she would always beg me to save her and I never was able to then right before she would let go I woke up.

A month had passed since the accident that left Dani in a coma, and brought our children into the world. And the nightmares just kept getting worse.

We had been to see her everyday, and still no change. Lilli and Mike had helped me with the kids, since Dani still wasn’t awake and my arm was still healing from the accident. I always told my precious bundles of joy all about their mother and how much they would love her when she finally woke up.

I looked at Emma and I knew right away that she had Dani’s beautiful eyes. And Jonny had her hair and my face when I was that age. There was no denying that they were ours. Just then the phone rang. I looked at the clock 3 am? Who in there right mind would call at 3 in the morning?
I picked up the phone.

“Hello, is this Adam Siska?”

“Yes, who is this?”

“My name is Willow, I am a nurse that works at the hospital that Danielle Andrews is in..”

“Is there anything about Dani?” I said into the phone cutting her off.

“Yes she woke up, but..”

“Ok we will be right there.” Dani was finally awake, she would be able to see our children and they would get to see her.

I grabbed the kids, the diaper bags, called Lilli and Mike, and drove to the hospital. We rode in the elevator making the same trip that we had done for the past month, only this time Dani was awake.

“Sir, you cant be here” a nurse said stopping me in the hallway.

“I was called and told that my fiancé was awake from her coma.”

“Oh, sorry sir go right ahead.”

I slowly walked up to Dani’s door and pushed it open and walked in. I stood at the foot of her bed and smiled. She looked up at me and just stared. I walked over to the side of her bed and hugged her. She hugged me back but with some resistance.

“How are you feeling sweetie?”

“Im ok, but can I ask you something?”

“Sure anything”

“Not to be rude but why is Adam T. Siska standing in my hospital room?”

“That’s funny Dani, I brought our kids with us”

“Whoa, what?”

I stood there and looked at her. Does she really not remember?

“You don’t remember me or our children?”

She shook her head. ‘How does she not remember?’

“Please tell me that your kidding?”

“No, Im not. Im sorry.”

I felt like a knife was plunged in my back and it was killing me slowly.

“Can I see them?”

“What?”

“The babies, can I see them.”

“Of course” I picked Emma up out of her car seat and placed her in Dani’s arms and then I picked up Jonathan. Emma was raising her little hands and wrapping them around Dani’s finger.

“She‘s cute, her eyes are beautiful” I smiled hoping that she would see the resemblance. “Well she should, they are just like yours. Do you want to hold Jonathan?”

“Sure” She still held onto Emma and held onto Jonathan at the same time. “He looks just like you.”

“Yeah, but he has your hair.” She looked up and smiled at me. Just as she looked down back to Emma and Jonathan Lilli and Mike walked in.
“Dani! Your awake!”

“Lilli? What are you doing in Chicago?”

“I live here now, I moved in with Mike.” She said gesturing towards Mike. “Dani we will be right back will you be ok with the kids?”

“Yeah, Ill be fine.”

I pulled Lilli and Mike out into the hallway. “She doesn’t remember me or that we have children together.”

“How is that possible? So she doesn’t remember anything?”

I shook my head and felt like I wanted to cry. How is this ever going to work?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok here is part 1 of the sequel! Hope you like it:D
Enjoy^-^