‹ Prequel: Drop It on a Dime

Give Me This One Last Fighting Chance

Two

We walked back into Dani’s room around the corner to see Emma sleeping in her arms and Jonathan kicking his legs and squirming around. I picked up Jonathan so he wouldn’t wake Emma up.

As Dani held Emma in her arms, I tried to think of ways that Dani could still be around so maybe she would remember our family. Then I thought ‘what if I just ask her to move in with me’ that might work, then again what if that scared her too much. Adam stop thinking to yourself and just ask her!

“Dani” She looked up and met my eyes “I was just kind of wondering if you would maybe want to live with us so the babies could get to know you and so you are familiar with them?” I looked up and she was looking at me, even before she could answer I said “Never mind that was probably dumb of me to ask…”

“Adam, I know that this would be important to you and for some reason I have a connection to these little ones, even though I don’t remember them at all. So yes, I‘ll live with you.”

I smile grew onto my face. All I wanted to do was hold her in my arms and kiss her but I knew that would probably not be for the best. So I stood there smiled and said “thank you Dani”

Her doctor decided to keep her in the hospital for a few more days, to run tests and such and then she could be released to go home. Even though it was a few days it felt like the days lasted forever, then finally I got the call to go to the hospital to help Dani get signed out and to take her home. Lilli came over to the house to watch the kids while I went to get her.

While on the short drive over, I day dreamed about how things would be once she would be back home, but then I realized once again that she didn’t remember our relationship together but I still hoped. I parked the car and walked into the hospital lobby up the elevator and down the hall to Dani’s room. Her bag was on the neatly made bed but there was no Dani in sight. I looked all around the bed and then I heard the bathroom door open. I turned to see Dani stepping out the bathroom in her blue v-neck and a pair of capris.

“Hi” was all I could say.

She smiled back, “So can I leave now?”

“I think I just have to sign a paper and your free to go.”

“Good, I want to get our of here” Dani said with a slight laugh. I smiled, picked up her bag and we walked out to the nurses station.

“Hi, is this where I need to sign the paper for DanI Andrews to be released?” The nurse looked up went through a few of her papers. “Yes, sir sign here and she is free to go” I signed the paper. “Thanks” and with that we walked towards the elevator out of the hospital and I showed Dani to my car. The drive back to my house was quiet, except for my constant fidgeting of the radio knobs. We turned onto my street and I heard a gasp as we pulled into the driveway.

“Dani? are you ok?”

“Yeah, I just cant believe this is where you live. Its so big!”

“Don’t you mean we?”

“Well yeah” she said laughing climbing out of the car. She went to open the door to grab her bag but I had already beaten her to it. “Where‘s my bag--” I lifted it up. “Oh thanks.” Dani blushed and continued to walk towards the house.

“Dani, before we go in, I have to talk to you about the sleeping arrangements.”

“Ok, what’s up?”

“Well the house has 2 rooms but the babies are in one and the other is my room, but to make you more comfortable you can have my room and I‘ll sleep on the couch.”

“Oh. Adam I cant take your room. I can sleep on the couch.”

“Dani, no you take my room. Im not going to let you sleep on the couch.”

She stood there and looked at me, “You really care about me don’t you?”

“Next to the kids, more then anything in the world.”

She smiled and kissed my cheek. “Thanks”

I opened the door for Dani and motioned for Dani to go in. She stepped in to the hall and laid her coat on the bench. Then I showed her to my, well her room now. I led her up the stairs and down the hall to the bedroom. She walked in turned around and smiled.

“Thanks Adam--” She stopped when she saw a picture of us when we were in New York and we found out the she was pregnant. DanI picked up the picture in the frame, she was wrapped up in my arms both of us smiling looking into each others eyes. “Adam where were we when this picture was taken?”

“We were all in New York, you came to visit me and Lilli. And the picture was taken after we found out that you were pregnant.”

“How did I find out?”

“Well, you weren’t feeling well when you came to New York and then you passed out so we took you to the hospital and the doctors told me, Lilli and Mike that you were pregnant.”

Just as I was finishing our story Lilli walked in with Emma and Jonathan in their carriers. Dani smiled and walked up to Lilli then looked back at me “So they are really our kids?”

“Yeah, they look just like us don’t they?” I said laughing.

Dani smiled again and sat down on the bed. “Can I hold one of them again?”

“Of course! They are your kids too. Who do you want?”

“Can I hold Emma?”

All Dani wanted to do was know about the things that she couldn’t remember. Holding onto the kids until they fell asleep and telling her the stories. We put Emma and Jonathan into their cribs, I walked Dani to her room said goodnight and settled down on the couch.

Maybe this would be better then I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! I saw Twilight the other day and I loved it! I worked hard on this between yesterday and today:) Hope you like it:D Enjoy^-^