‹ Prequel: Drop It on a Dime

Give Me This One Last Fighting Chance

Three

When I awoke, I smelled the aroma of food being cooked in the kitchen. I climbed off the couch and walked to the kitchen and stood in the doorway. Dani was running around making breakfast for us. But at the moment she was reading the formula instructions to make for Emma and Jonathan.

“You know I could help you with that.”

She spun around with a scared look on her face. “Don’t scare me like that!”

“Sorry, do you want me to help you with that?”

“If you don’t mind, I don’t want to make it wrong and make Emma and Jonathan sick.”

Dani and I stood in the kitchen while I explained how to make the formula. While Dani stayed in the kitchen I went upstairs to get Jonathan and Emma.

Dani’s POV

It’s been a few days since I had been told that I had been in a car accident and that I had a family of my own. It was all a bit overwhelming, I guess I was engaged to Adam T. Siska, and we had two gorgeous babies together. Adam was completely right when he said that Emma had my eyes, and she even had characteristics of when I was a baby, and Jonathan had my hair color and my nose. To me I guess that they were absolutely perfect, and Im glad that they are mine.

Adam went to get Emma and Jonathan up so we could feed their formulas to them. I was still in my white tank top and my purple capri PJ pants, my hair a mess. I had decided when I woke up that I would make Adam and I breakfast. He must have smelled it because the next thing I knew, I heard him say “You know I could help you with that.”

He scared me half to death, luckily I hadn’t taken the formula mix out of the packaging or Im sure that it would have been all over the kitchen. He helped me to start it so I wouldn’t mess it up and he went to get the kids. A few moments later he came into the kitchen holding onto the babies. I picked up Jonathan from Adam’s arms and sat down at the table cradling him in my arms. Adam handed me one of the bottles of formula and Jonathan took right to it. Emma was a little fussy but after a few tries she began eating, Adam took a seat next to Jonathan and I, from where he was leaning against the counter.

After Jonathan was done eating his share of the formula I decided to eat some of the food that I had made for Adam and I.

“Adam do you want anything right now?”

“Yeah I was going to after Emma was done.”

“I can put some on a plate for you if you‘d like” He smiled and said “Sure, but only if you want to.”

We sat there for a while. Jonathan was asleep in my arms, once again. Emma was lying in her baby seat squirming around. But after awhile she settled down. It just felt so natural to be holding them in my arms. I decided to go take a shower, Adam sat on the couch with Emma and Adam next to him.

I turned on the shower and let the hot water beat against my skin. I probably could have stayed in there all day if I could, but when the water goes completely cold its time to get out. I grabbed a towel and headed to my room to change.

I changed and went back into the living room to see all 3 of them sleeping. Adam in the middle with Emma on one side and Jonathan on the other. I sat down in one of the chairs wanting to remember all of the things that Adam had told me the night before. When we first met, when I found out that I was pregnant and then when we found out we were having twins. I wanted to remember everything so badly, but nothing came. I curled up in the chair and took a deep breath as a tear began to fall. All I wanted was to remember, and that was the one thing I couldn’t do. A few more tears fell, when I heard a cry, the tears stopped falling. I got up and found it was Emma crying. I picked her up and cradled her in my arms.

“Im sorry I cant remember you sweetie, but I love you so much already. You and Jonathan.”

Back to Adam’s POV

I watched Dani go up the stairs to go take a shower. I had Emma and Jonathan on either side of me. They had both fallen asleep, and I thought that they had a good idea so I closed my eyes and the next thing I knew I was out.

I awoke slightly to hear a cry and I heard a voice saying “Im sorry I cant remember you sweetie, but I love you so much already. You and Jonathan.” and I knew it was Dani. Im glad that she loved them already, maybe they could help her remember. I opened my eyes to see Dani holding onto Emma, I smiled.

“Is she ok Dani?”

“Yeah, I think so, she stopped crying after I picked her up.”

“Emma does seem to like being held, especially by you” Dani smiled and began to tickle Emma’s tiny tummy and Emma began to laugh. Dani didn’t seem to mind that she had to help take care of our children after getting out of the hospital, it was like she never forgot her maternal instincts. I sat there watching Jonathan as he slept, he really did look like me at that age. My phone began to ring, lets say it was a little loud because it woke up Jonathan. I looked at the ID it flashed Mike.

“Hey Mike”

“Actually its Lilli, long story short I lost my phone”

“Hey Lilli, what’s up?”

“Well Mike wanted me to call you and Dani to invite you over to our house for a surprise”

“Oh ok, Im sure we could make it. What time?”

“Hold on, let me ask him….. Mike said about 2ish”

“Ok we will be there, see you in a while. Bye”

“Bye”

I hung up the phone and told Dani, I must have looked like an idiot with the face I had trying to think of what the surprise could be. About an hour and we would get to find out….
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so incredibly sorry that this wasnt out before. I only have one more week of this semester for college and my teachers decided it would be a good idea to assign papers or projects in every class. Well I hope you like it. Enjoy^-^