‹ Prequel: Drop It on a Dime

Give Me This One Last Fighting Chance

Six

Shortly after calling Lilli and Mike, the doctors took Adam into a room where I sat with him until he would wake up. I leaned my head on the edge of his bed just waiting. I think I had fallen asleep, when I awoke I felt something stroking my hand. I looked up to see Adam smiling at me.

“How is your arm Adam?”

“See for yourself”

His left arm was very bandaged and in a sling. I felt terrible since he was trying to save me.

“I’m sorry Adam” tears were forming in my eyes.

“For what?”

“Its because of me that you were shot, you were trying to save me”

“I‘d save you any day” I smiled. He then patted the spot next to him on the bed. I climbed onto the bed and Adam wrapped his good arm around me. “I don’t know what I would do if I lost you Dani”

“Well probably the same way that I felt when I saw you lying on the floor bleeding. I thought that I had lost you” I had snuggled into him taking in his scent that I finally remembered without being told. I laid there for a little while and I had fallen asleep again. I opened my eyes to see Adam looking down at me smiling.

“Morning Sunshine” he kissed my forehead.

“Morning” I stretched a little. “Where is everyone? Lilli said that they were all on their way”

“They have been in and out, and you have just been out”

“Adam I’m sorry but that was kind of a lame joke” He smiled.

“How is your head feeling?”

“Its ok, it was worth the pain to get my memories back.”

It was true I was very grateful that I was given the one thing that I wanted. We laid there what seemed like hours talking, when Bill, and Butcher came in. Bill smiled and leave it to Butcher to be loud about things “Dani! Your awake!”

“Yes Butcher I am awake thanks for pointing that out for me”

“So is it true that you gained your memories back?”

“Yeah, I remember everything”

“So you remember that we have a date next week right?”

“Oh yeah that’s right. So where do you want to take me?” I said with a wink. Meanwhile Bill and Adam were laughing while Butcher stood there with his mouth agap. He soon realized that I was joking and laughed along.

“Bill?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you think that you could ask Lilli to bring in Emma and Jonathan?”

“Yeah I can do that.”

About 30 minutes went by when Lilli came in carrying Emma and Mike carrying Jonathan.

“Jeeze I thought you guys got lost”

“Sorry Dani, we were down in the cafeteria”

I laughed “That‘s ok, can I see my babies?”

“Of coarse. Here you go”

I held Emma and I help Adam hold onto Jonathan. We were finally a family, together. It was one of the best feelings in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this wasnt out before I wanted to post it a few days ago on the 8th[Adam's B-day - You all probably think Im weird for knowing that but anyway...] but that didnt happen. I hope you like it:)