‹ Prequel: Drop It on a Dime

Give Me This One Last Fighting Chance

Seven

I stayed at the hospital with Adam for a few days until his doctor said he could be released. Lilli and Mike took care of Emma and Jonathan and brought them back and forth to the hospital.

“Are you all set Mr. Siska?” The nurse on duty asked as she came in with paper work.

“Yes, I want to go home” he said laughing.

I smiled and grabbed his bag. After signing a few papers Adam was finally released to go home. We finally could get back to what life we had before. I put his bag in the back seat and climbed in to start his car. He was already in messing with the radio.

“Adam stop messing with the radio, you are going to break it.”

He finally stopped when he found a station that played The Smashing Pumpkins.

“You know it’s going to be like we have traded spots, you are the one that usually takes care of me” Adam smiled.

“Yeah, it’s going to be strange for you to be taking care of me” He pecked my cheek as we pulled into the driveway.

“Don’t worry about anything except getting inside and getting into bed.”

“Jeeze Dani, I just got out the hospital and we just got home” He winked and had a grin plastered all over his face.

“Adam, you have not changed at all” I smiled and grabbed his bag out of the car. I ran up to the door unlocked it and went inside. I had thought it would be a good idea if we threw him a surprise welcome home party, Mike and Lilli brought Emma and Jonathan over, along with Bill, and the rest of the band, his mom and brother, and my sister Anne.

“Adam are you coming?” I yelled out the door and realized he was nowhere in sight, and then I saw him sitting on the steps staring off.

“Hey sweetie what’s wrong?”

“I guess I was just thinking the last time we were both here, you never remembered a thing about me or our life together, and I am just so grateful that you do now” He wrapped his one arm around me and sighed.

“I know, I am grateful too” I was quiet for a few minutes, “Hey why don’t we go inside?” he smiled and pulled himself off the steps and walked into the house.

“SURPRISE!” everyone screamed.

His face grew ten times the size it was when we were outside.

“What is this all for?”

“It’s for you” I kissed his lips and smiled.

“Well” I heard Lilli say “It’s for Adam and you, even though you thought of it and planned it all out”

“Aww thanks guys, but it should really be for Adam since he has been in the hospital”

“It’s for the both of you and that’s the end of it” she said laughing.

“So where are our daughter and son?”

“They are upstairs napping- but I think it would be ok to get them up since their parents are home.”

“We can go get them”

Adam and I walked up the stairs and into their room; both Jonathan and Emma were awake watching their mobiles go around in circles. We were finally a family, nothing was ever going to change that. I picked up Emma gently placed her in Adam’s good arm, then I picked up Jonathan to join the party.

“You guys look absolutely perfect together”

“Thanks Lil, I’m just glad he’s home and I don’t have to pretend like I know what he is talking about now”

“Yeah, I’m glad you are back to your old self” Lilli said hugging me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear Im not dead! I am still here! haha:)
I havent had slot of time to get onto the computer with homework,studying and everything else I have to do.which saddens me=/ And then our desktop decided it was going to melt down so we had to buy another computer, which is so much better now haha:)
Im really sorry I havent updated this one in like a month. I hope you like it. :) I might have a Mike update today, but if not today definitely Tuesday:) Enjoy ^-^