Untitled

Chapter 2

Luna walked down the open-air halls of her palace. The palace is located in Angelica, the capital of her kingdom, Haven. She walked to the courtyard for her battle lessons. She was going to learn how to defend herself if she was ever alone. She was an excellent student in this class and all the others.

As she walked down the halls, Luna was daydreaming. She saw herself in the middle of her rose garden, in the arms of a young man, a prince charming. She sighed. If only that were to really happen. If a man could come to her. He would sweep her off her feet, and away from the pressure and the misery. He would take her to a happily ever after.

Just then, Delaina ran up to her. Delaina had brown hair that reached to her shoulders and she had not gotten her wings yet. She was another one of Luna’s ladies in waiting, and one of her closest friends. The other two of Luna’s friends is Jasmine and Aldara. The four of them have grown up together, and now they were still close, even if Luna is the princess of the nation of Haven.

“Lady Luna,” Delaina said when se reached Luna. “Your mother has canceled your lessons for today and wishes for you to join her in her study right away.” Luna nodded and started for her mother’s study.

Luna walked into her mother’s study to see her mother, Queen Krystal, sitting behind her desk. She sat straight and proud. She looked to be in her middle 20’s but in reality she was about 105. Her blond hair was piled on top of her head in a bun. Her cool blue eyes held strength and wisdom from years of experience. There were laugh lines around her eyes and her cheeks. She wore a royal blue dress that complimented her light violet wings.
Queen Krystal was one of Haven’s most respected rulers. Aside from her, kindness, and love for her people, her satirical knowledge and cunning ability makes her a powerful enemy. She is even known for killing the Vampire that killed her husband, King Adrian.
Standing next to the queen was her friend Madeline. She had short brown hair that reached above her shoulders. She was the same age as Queen Krystal but did not have her wings. She and the queen have always been friends but for some reason Madeline always have a sad expression on her face, like she was in horrible pain, but lately she looks worse.

Then by the window was a young man. He looked to only be a couple of years older than Luna (who was 16), but you can never trust looks. His eyes were a deep green and so were his wings. He had short, light brown hair with blond highlights. He was tall and muscular, but not to much. He wore heavy armor and a sword on his side.

“Luna,” Queen Krystal said, calling her attention.

“Yes Mother. You called for me,” Luna replied.

“Yes,” her mother said as she motioned for the boy to come forward. “Luna, this is Sir Isaac.”

The boy bowed to Luna as he took her hand and gently placed a kiss on it. “My lady.”

“Sir Knight,” Luna replied. The queen cleared her throat.

“Sir Isaac is the knight that killed Lord Eric of the Vampires,” she said. Luna’s eyes widened with surprised.

“My. Such a large title for one so young,” she said.

“I assure you Your Majesty. I am strong enough to carry it,” Isaac said, winking at Luna. Luna felt her cheeks burn a little.

“Well, yes,” The queen said, “but back to bigger matters. It seems that after the death of Lord Eric, they appointed a new king, lord Alistair.” out of the corner of her eye, Luna saw Madeline flinch at the name. “Now, the other day we got a letter from the new king. It was a truce. He wants to come to the palace to arrange it. He has agreed to come with only a knight, and an adviser.

“Now I don’t know what your feelings in the matter are, but I don’t like this. It is too easy. Therefore, while the vampires are in this palace, I want you, Isaac, to watch over Luna as a bodyguard. Is that understood?” the queen asked looking at the two. Isaac placed his hand on his chest and bowed.

“I will protect the princess with my life, Your Majesty,” he said. Queen Krystal nodded her head and looked at Luna.

Luna sighed. “As you wish Mother.”
♠ ♠ ♠
part 2 i finished when i had no internet for 2 days. oh well