Hello Beautiful

Joey, You’re Just My Shoe Size!

“Gosh, you’re stubborn,” said Kevin. “Well if you’re not gonna budge, do you want to do another song?”

“Yea!”

“Come on Laura!”

“Please?”

“Ok, fine, but I get to pick this time. I’m gonna do a song that reminds me, even though what I’m doing is working, when I’m writing music, I still need to make time to have fun and just be a kid. Facebook, of all things, inspired this song. I was on there one day and I was browsing bumper stickers and I saw a sticker that I’ve seen a million times, but the meaning didn’t really hit me until right then. It said ‘We’re adults. When did that happen and how do we make it stop?’ I realized that that is so true, not just for me but for all of us. We may have jobs or internships or whatever, but we’re still teenagers. I mean, I can’t even drive yet! So, I wrote this song to remind me to stay a teenager and go out with my friends and just have fun. Oh, wait! Joe come here!” I yelled at him quickly as the music started. “We have the coolest dance to this song. It’s the most amazing thing ever. We made it up onstage one night.”

I saw you lookin’ over
Now I see you moving this way
Pushing through the crowd
Like you got something to say
Yeah
But you couldn’t walk
Cause the music’s taking over your feet
I could tell by your toes
That you’re rocking to this beat

You gotta dance
‘Til you ache
‘Til you drop
‘Til you break
Free your soul
Let me see you shake
One by one
We’re stealing the stage
Here we come
So get out of our way

It won’t be long ‘til the summer's gone
Get your party on
So we’ll sing along
Hold on tight
It’s a crazy night
Get your party on
So we’ll scream it out loud

Yeow

I know your type
And all the hype
Is going straight
To your head
And everybody’s
Stopping what their doing
Cause your face is turning red
Yeah
Gotta learn
How to move to the grove
Give in
Or get out
Put your hands in the air
Stand up in your chair
And shout

You’re all dolled up
With nowhere to go
You wanna get out and
Put on a show
There’s nothing wrong with
Staying home
As long as you’ve got your
Radio

It wont be long
'Til the summer's gone
Get your party on
So we’ll sing along
Hold on tight
It’s a crazy night
Get your party on
So we’ll scream it
Don’t wanna wait
And don’t ya be late
Get your party on
So we’ll sing along
Hold on tight,
It’s a crazy night
Get your party on
So we’ll scream it out
Loud

Come on!
Atlanta, Georgia
Bring it on for me baby!

The little things that you do
From across the room
I see you sending me clues
They're in the way
You make me move

It won’t be long
'Til the summer's gone
Get your party on
So we’ll sing along
Hold on tight
It’s a crazy night
Get your party on
So we’ll scream it
Don’t want to wait
And don’t ya be late
Get your party on
So we’ll sing along
Hold on tight
It’s a crazy night
Get your party on
And scream it out loud

Scream it out loud
Get your
Get your
Party on!


Joe and I did our routine, while I was singing, with all our moves. Joe did his walk and we did the swing. I did pop, lock, and drop it against Joe’s leg, like it was a strip pole. I just know he loved that. Even though he was a Jonas Brother with a purity ring, it didn’t mean that his mind wasn’t dirty. He was possibly the biggest flirt I have ever met in my life including Michael Money, my BFFL.

We also did the part where I wrap one leg around his waist and he puts both his hands on my butt, like he’s holding me up by my ass and then I flip over into a bridge to a hand stand and then to my feet. I did a few back flips and walked over to Joe and he picked me up in his arms and spun me around in circle and put me down and we did the swing again. Then he wrapped his arms around me and held me from behind while I sang. I loved that me and Joe had something special. I had lots of special things with Nick and Kevin, but me and Joe; the only thing we really had in common was acting our shoe size instead of our age. We just weren’t that mature, we were silly and still acted all perverted and took everything the wrong way. Coming up with this dance with Joe had just made me like him more, but just as a brother. I do have to admit though; the boy is really hott. Maybe I could set him up with Kendall, they are pretty alike: Crazy, awesome, creative, and musical.

That could definitely work out. I made a mental note to point out Kendall to Joe later.
The night we made up the dance, Joe came out on the stage to get my guitar from me after I had sung Don’t Forget and I asked him if he wanted to stay onstage and dance with me. Since I was in front of a crowd of 15,000 screaming ten-year-olds, I didn’t add some of the moves until we were safely back on the bus, away from prying eyes. Grrr... Stupid paparazzi.

When it was over, Joe took a bow and I curtsied. My friends went nuts. They freaked out. I couldn’t tell if all the praise was for my singing or Joe’s dancing.

“Laura, that was incredible!” said Kevin.

“Joe, when did you learn how to dance?” asked Nick.

“Laura taught me. You guys have seen us do this, haven’t you?” He looked at me. “They have seen this, right?”

“I thought they had seen it. We made it up on tour, remember, at that concert in Virginia. Didn’t you guys watch me sing that night?”

“Probably. Why wouldn’t we have watched you?”

“I remember what happened!” Joe exclaimed. “Nick was having issues with his insulin pump, so he and Kevin went to talk to Big Rob, while I went out onstage to grab Laura’s guitar from her after she did Don’t Forget. She asked me if I wanted to stay onstage and help her with the next song and I said I would, thinking she was gonna do On The Line and then the band started Party, so we danced around and acted crazy, then when we got to the bus after the show, we revised the dance.”

“That’s right, I remember now. You guys went back to the lounge and we could hear you blasting Party[b/] over and over again. We had no idea what you were doing, but it got really annoying,” said Kevin.

“Well, now you know. What do you think?”

“Awesome.”

“Hott.”

“Amazing.”

“Sweet.”

“I know why you guys love it: Laura made it up. It’s like everything she touches turns to gold. Even our CD sales have gone up, like, 30%” said Joey.

“We went on tour, smart ass. That’s why our CD sales went up. Idiot,” said Nick, smacking him on the back of the head.

“Nick, don’t do that, he doesn’t have the brain cells to spare.”

“Well, it might also have had something to do with the fact that we had an amazing vocalist opening for us and making a cameo in our concerts!”

“If you girls are done arguing, I wanta hear some more music!” said Anthony.

“Yea, Laura, do Don’t Forget. That’s my absolute favorite song in the universe!” said Lindsay.

“Ok,” I said, pointing the remote at the stereo and hitting play. “Man, I wish I had my guitar...” I muttered to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, this one's a little longer.