Hello Beautiful

What The Hell Have I Done?

I stood up and walked over to where Nick was talking to the paramedics. He was trying to explain about the bruise I had given her.

The bruise I had given her. What kind of friend am I? If she never spoke to me again, I wouldn’t blame her. Add this on to that stupid video I took of her and Nick, and I’m pretty much the worst best friend on the face of the planet.

“It’s all my fault,” I said, interrupting whatever excuse Nick was trying to save my sorry ass with. “I shoved her in the chest with my shoulder and tripped her and that’s when she hit her head.”

“Is she bleeding?” one of the guys asked.

I looked at Nick. He was the one who had checked her over after she hit her head. I was busy calling 911 and Kevin had sent all the cameras inside. Nick looked at his feet for a moment.

“I don’t think so,” he said, looking up again. I could tell this was really tearing him up inside. He seriously loved her a lot and it was killing him to just sit on the sidelines and watch it happen. He hated not being able to help, as did I.

“When we got your call, she wasn’t breathing. Who gave her CPR and how is she now?”

“I did,” said Nick. “She’s better, but she’s still kind of weak.”

“Has she had anything to eat or drink since she hit her head?”

“No, she hasn’t,” I jumped in, wanting to be of use to someone.

“And she doesn’t have a temperature,” Nick added.

“Thank you boys. We’re gonna go check her out now.”

The paramedics walked over to where Laura was lying down on her back with her hand resting on her stomach. After looking at Nick, who was staring at the ground again, I walked over to Kevin, who had backed away from Laura to give the paramedics some space.

“This is all my fault,” I whispered to myself.

“What’s that?” Kevin said, his thoughts elsewhere.

“Nothing...” I said, absentmindedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short one... I have 18 subscribers! I love you guys!!!