When You Look Me in the Eyes

I Dare You To Move

Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone’s here
Everyone’s here
Everybody’s watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next?
What happens next?

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Before...

Welcome to the fall out
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
The tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Before...


I looked up at Laura, surprised to see tears glistening in her eyes. I was only trying to apologize for how I had acted and hoping that she could forget what had happened earlier. I didn’t mean to make her cry or feel bad. “What’s wrong?” I panicked.

“Nothing’s wrong,” she whispered. She giggled upon hearing her voice crack. “I’m just happy that we’re able to move past everything and that at the end of the day it will always be Nick and Laura’s Infinite Playlist,” she said smiling.

I laughed out loud at our inside joke; me and Laura had compiled a list of our favorite songs that we liked to blast in the car and during lockdown before shows to get ourselves pumped up. We called it Nick and Laura’s Infinite Playlist, because it just kept getting bigger and bigger. The term had eventually come to be a metaphor for our relationship: we knew that no matter what, we would be friends forever. I smiled at her; life was too good.

Laura put her arms out for a hug and I gladly obliged, burying my face in her neck and inhaling her sweet scent. “Thanks Nicky,” she whispered against my neck. I smiled, thinking about how much these little moments meant to our friendship. She kissed my cheek lightly and I could feel the spot tingling even after her lips left my skin.

She smiled again, “I almost completely forgot what I was doing here.” She laughed. “I’m on my way to the front desk to get a few more room keys, considering that we only have one key between the six of us. And I know that Big Rob wants his own room, so I was going to ask if they could move whoever is in the room next to us for the next couple of days, until we leave. Want to come with?” she asked me. I nodded and we stood up, walking towards the door.

Things were finally back to good.