Dying Doesn't Seem So Cruel

Danger, Danger

So what's wrong?

my brain is going to explode

I'm serious. What was that about Emmett? Is it because he took your car again?

no, no . . . not that.

Then . . .what?

promise not to tell OR laugh?

Of course.

i have . . . i have a crush on him?

Really?

get that grin off your face. yes, really.

Why will you not tell him?

QUIT SMILING!!!!! because i'm not stupid. it's already bad enough that i'm friends with you all.

True, but we are all going to Hell anyway.

i know but ----- hey! i'm not going to Hell! i happen to be a good girl who goes to church.

Yet you are friends with our kind?

. . . . . .

No retaliation?

i guess you're right. i'm pretty sure edward already knows.

Most likely,. Do you think about Emmett?

not a lot. . . but sometimes

Then he knows.

jerk. you're supposed to make me feel better. NOT LIKE THAT!!!!!!


He chuckled and put the note in his pocket as I waited for him We walked out of the building and into the rainy outdoors. I saw Edward and Emmett by their car; the former glanced over, laughed, and whispered something to his brother.

Oh, God. Please don't be telling him.

I breathed a sigh of relief when Edward shook his head in my direction. It was only then that I noticed Jasper had disappeared from my side; in a moment, I realised why.

"Hey, 'Lia. Come on. Gym starts in a few minutes."

"Angela, can you tell the teacher I don't feel good and went home? Please?"

"You don't look that well. Is something wrong?"

"No. I just don't . .. I think it's the weather."

She nodded and headed toward Building 5. I made my way over to the Cullen boys. Conversations between them ceased as I stood in front of Emmett.

"Since you were the jerk who stole my car, you're going to be the nice guy who takes me home. To my home."

He laughed lowly. "Fine. Get in."

You tell him, Edward, so help me, God, I'll find a way to hurt you.

"Your secret is safe with me," he whispered in my ear, "but good luck trying to hurt me."

Jackass.

I'd just gotten my seatbelt on when Emmett slammed on the gas pedal. He laughed at the expression on my face, and I clung to the seat. Finally, he slowed down and glanced at me.

"This," I breathed, "is why I never ride with you."

"Sorry, Dahlia. I forgot."

"Forgot what? That I'm not invincible as you are? That I'd die on impact if you got in a wreck, even though you would walk away without so much as a scratch?"

"I won't get in a wreck."

"But you could."

"But I won't. My reflexes are too good."

"Whatever, Emmett."

"Dahl, I really am sorry. I did not mean to scare you."

"You always say that, yet every time, you do something stupid like that. Just drop me off here. I'll walk."

"No."

"Em---"

"Damn it, Dahlia, no. I will get you home."

"In one piece?"

"In one piece."

"I changed my mind. Let's go to your house."

"Why?"

"Mine is too lonely."

Luckily, no one was on the road, because he made an illegal---and dangerous---U-turn. I crawled into the backseat and covered my head with his jacket; I fell asleep with the sweet scent surrounding me.