Maybe Memories

Maybe Memories 02

I sat in the car a couple minutes contemplating on whether or not I should get out. In the end I figured I would have to get out eventually so I might as well get it over with now. I got out and grimaced with how bright it was outside the car. I turned back to the seat and grabbed my sunglasses which made everything a light shade of purple. Sighing I put them on and begrudgingly walked into the house.

I hated it immediately. It was too big and it made me feel very cold. Weren’t homes supposed to be warm and inviting? I felt like a stranger in this new house. As if I didn’t belong with the newly furnished things and the fresh paint. Everything looked too clean and it made me sick.

“Kali, why don’t you go upstairs and pick out a room,” my father suggested as he walked past me carrying a box labeled books.

I groaned and trudged up the stairs. There was nothing else to do so why not pick out my new torture room?

There were three rooms up there and a half bath in the hallway. The one closest to me was the master bedroom. As much as I would enjoy having a large room to plan and increase my army of trolls there was no way my parents would let me take it. I moved on to the next room and it looked more like a closet. Just thinking about it makes me get all claustrophobic.

I groaned again as I opened the last door expecting it to be just as bad. Fortunately it turned out to be a fair sized bedroom. There was a bathroom at the opposite side of the door and a walk-in closet beside it. At the farthest wall it was slanted with a window. I figured it was the window I saw when we pulled up.

I lifted my shades up to get a better look at the room and winced. The walls were all a very bright and very clean white.

Does everything here have to be so fucking bright?!

If I was supposed to be living here then I had to do something about the wall color and I had to do it now.

Putting my shades back on I ran down the stairs and grabbed the car keys I saw sitting on the table.

“Going out. Back soon!” I yelled to my parents. Not that they were listening anyways. They were trying to figure out a good place to hang up the singing bass.

I walked out the door and over to my parents car. I opened the back seat door to grab my purse that held all my money and my driver’s license. I closed the door and was about to get in the driver’s seat when I heard someone yell, “Hey!”

Looking up a saw the skateboarding punks had ridden down to my new house and the black haired boy was running up to me. I honestly didn’t want to talk to anyone right now. The only thing I wanted was to be alone and drive to the store. Before I could do anything he was in front of my grinning widely.

“Hey I’m Bert,” he said tucking his long hair behind his ear. “So are you new here?”

What kind of a question was that? I was almost about to turn my back on him and get in the car but the opportunity was just too good to pass up.

“Nope I’ve lived here forever,” I said smirking. “My parent’s and I have just been living in the basement as hostages. Finally the police did something about it so the previous owners are in jail and we can now move into the house which would explain the giant moving truck over there.”

The guy, Bert, stared at me confused. He looked like he was about to ask something but by now the blonde kid walked up laughing obviously having just heard my reply.

“Don’t mind Bert. He’s had a little too much of the drugs,” blondie said ruffling up Bert’s hair.

“Have not,” Bert said shoving him away. “I’m as clean as a prostitute.”

I wasn’t sure whether to be afraid or confused but somehow I found myself smiling slightly. Sure they annoyed me but they were also stupid. You know the funny stupid.

“Anyways I’m Quinn,” blondie said sticking his hand out. “And you are?”

I stared at his hand not wanting to touch it. I didn’t know the dude or what he did with his hand. Eventually he dropped it and awkwardly placed his hand in his pocket. Still he waited for a reply.

“About to leave,” I said walking closer to the driver’s side.

I heard Bert giggle and he skipped over next to me.

“Oh where ya going?” he asked excitedly.

“Uh a store,” I said leaning slightly away from him. Man, this dude was a hyper little one.

“Um do you even know where any of the stores are around here?” Quinn asked staying where he was. I was grateful for that.

I thought for a moment trying to remember if I noticed anything on the drive. Then I remembered that I had been sleeping the whole time.

“Not really,” I said shaking my head. “But I’m sure I can find everything on my own.”

“Are you sure you don’t want any directions? I mean the town isn’t that big but you could still easily get lost,” Quinn said looking at my curiously.

“Oh yeah! We should show you were everything is. There are a bunch of great shops and cafes. Oh and there is this great music place downtown!” Bert said bounding on his heels. He was really beginning to scare me.

I was about decline his offer stating again that I would be okay but he opened my car door and pushed me in. Then he ran over to the passenger side and hoped in.

“C’mon, Quinn! Get in!” he shouted to his friend.

Quinn laughed and got in the back seat. All I could do was sit there stunned. What just happened?

“Alright, um, uh, what’s your name?” Bert asked buckling himself up.

“Bert!” I yelled staring at him confounded.

“Hey that’s my name too!” he said giggling.

“No, my name’s Kali. Bert, what are you doing in my car?” I asked half shouting. You don’t just jump into a car with a person you don’t know. Goshers, didn’t his parents teach him anything?

“I told you. We’re gonna show you where everything is,” he said very seriously. “Now onward, Kali, to wherever it is you want to go.” He pointed out the window to show that I needed to start moving.

In the end I started the car up and began driving. I didn’t know what else to do and besides they did know this town better than I did.

Oh lord, please don’t let them be evil cupcake snatchers.
♠ ♠ ♠
See I told you they would come in this one
XD <3