Vicious Romantic

Twenty-Four

“I think you should stay at your house tonight.” Clara used air quotes around the words “your house.”

“Why?’ I questioned. After storming away from Tucker I spent the night dancing with Jeff. Not once while with Jeff did I think about Tucker, nor did I think about the girl’s mutilated neck.

“Tucker, he’s...uh...” Clara searched for the proper words.

“Having a mental breakdown between having fits of anger and waves of depression.” Ian answered snaking his arms around Clara.

“Ian, this is the girl’s bathroom!” Clara reminded her boyfriend.

“Point being?” Ian asked. “You have a couch! Why don’t we have a fucking couch! I want a couch!”

“Ian, leave.” Clara said firmly, not in the mood to put up with Ian’s childish behavior while her brother was in emotional distress. Who knew a few simple words could have such a big effect on the almighty Tucker. Well screw him, he wasn’t the only one who was having an emotional breakdown.

“Fine, I’ll shut up.” Ian pouted and lounged on the couch.

“It’s better if you stay there tonight.” Clara explained.

“Why can’t he stay there?” I asked in a panic. I didn’t want to stay there, I felt very uncomfortable in his house. First of all it was his house, second it was his house! Why would I want to stay in his house after I saw him kill some innocent girl!

“Because we need to be around him, Bailey. Plus, his house would be destroyed if he stayed there tonight. Please just cooperate.” Clara pleaded.

“I don’t wanna stay there by myself!”

“You’ll be fine. I’ll drop off a bag of your stuff later.” with that Clara exited the bathroom. How could I have expected her to be kind to me after the damage I caused her brother?

“She’s so hot when she’s mad.” Ian said happily and followed after Clara. Why? Why did this have to happen to me? Why couldn’t I just have left school on time the night Clara and Liam took me hostage. Then I wouldn’t have been in this mess. I would have been at heading home for Thanksgiving.

I miss my house. I miss my dogs. I miss my bed. I miss my shitty apartment. I miss school. I miss my professors. I miss everything. I just wanted things to go back to the way they were before I knew that vampires existed.

I exited the bathroom in tears. I just wanted to go home. Jeff rushed to my side as soon as he caught sight of me.

“What’s wrong?” He asked in a panic.

“I just wanna go home!” I cried into his tuxedo jacket. Jeff being the good hearted person his is rushed me outside to our car. He didn’t understand what I meant when I said I wanted to go home. How could he? He wasn’t ever going to be able to know about my life before I was kidnaped. Jeff tried his best to calm down my sobs by hugging me close and running his hand up and down my back while whispering soothing nothings to me. Not once did he try to get me to explain why I was so upset and I was thankful for that.

“Thank you.” I sniffed while I got out of the car.

“Any time.” Jeff said with a kind smile.

“Goodnight.” I smiled weakly.

“Goodnight, I’ll call you tomorrow.” I nodded my head and shut the door. The sound of my heels clicking against the wet sidewalk echoed through the trees surrounding the house. I used the key Clara had given me to unlock the door, I locked it behind me once I entered. The dark surroundings of the house made me uncomfortable.

Sitting on the coffee table in the livingroom was a bag full of my things. Clothes, makeup, phone, CDs, books, DVD’s, blankets, anything Clara thought I’d need. The first thing I did was turn on the large flat screen televison in the living room, I needed some noise so I wouldn’t feel completely alone.

I grabbed my bag full of things and dragged it upstairs with me. It weighed more than I did I think. I dug through the bag and found the necessary things I needed to take a shower. I wandered down the hall opening every door until I found the bathroom.

I stop in awe in the middle of a monstrous bathroom. The shower was big enough to be considered it’s own room. I stepped into the shower and turned on the water, as hot water hit my body from every side soft classical music filled my ears. The shower had a freaking stereo! I stayed under the relaxing hot water for an hour before I actually washed my body.

After changing into red plaid pajama bottoms and a white tank top I wandered downstairs. The strong scent that was Tucker was constantly reminding me that back at the house he was having a mental breakdown. It was definitely my fault. I shouldn’t have brought up Adele, I don’t know what happened with them. It was obviously a touchy subject.

I curled up on the big comfy brown couch that Tucker had in his living room. I watched half of Underworld, which was already in the DVD player, before I felt like I would fall asleep. Being too tired to search for a guest room, I settled on Tucker’s room. I yawned and crawled under the covers. Tucker’s scent suffocated me as I laid in his bed, at first it made my head spin and made me feel dizzy. When I got used to it only helped me fall to sleep.

“Bailey, wake up!”

“Go away!” I barked and buried my head into the soft pillow.

“Come on, get up.”

“Ian, I swear if you don’t leave me alone I will invent some twisted torture device and test it on you.” I growled into the pillow.

“Okay! Fair enough! You win!” Ian scurried away. I sighed happily and buried my face back into the pillow.

“Bailey.”

“What?” I asked in a scream and sat bolt upright and blinked at Liam.

“Here’s your keys. There’s food in the kitchen.” Liam smiled sweetly.

“Oh, thanks.” I smiled sheepishly. They were just trying to be nice and I lashed out on them./ Not nice, Bailey. Not nice.

“Yeah, you’re going to have to stay here for a while.” Ian added leaning in the doorway behind Liam. “Don’t worry though, because I picked out a lot of good food for you.”

“Also, if you go out with Jeff, please call and inform me. That way I know you haven’t been kidnaped or ran away.” Liam joked.

“Will do.” I agreed sleepily.

“Night.” Ian grinned and disappeared.

“See you later.” Liam said and turned to leave.

“Wait!” I shouted.

“Huh?” Liam asked turning back to me.

“Can you tell him that I’m sorry?” I asked.

“For what?” Liam asked suspiciously.

“About what I said, just tell him that I’m sorry and I shouldn’t have said it.” I pleaded. Liam nodded and left. I sat on the pile of blankets and stared at the stop where Liam was previously standing. Tucker’s a stupid piece of shit but I felt bad for bringing up something that’s giving him such a hard time.

The sounds of Ian’s monster like SUV filled my ears as he sped off. Great. Now what could I do? I looked at the clock and saw it was much later than I thought, two in the afternoon to be exact. I threw the keys to my new car on the table Tucker had beside his bed. I flopped onto my back and stared at the ceiling. It was blank, boring, and white. I stared at it for a good ten minutes before I got annoyed and jumped out of bed.

I needed to find something to do if I was going to be trapped in the house for however long it took Tucker to get over his little pity party.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried to post this earlier. But Mibba somtimes refuses to work.
You know what I'm talking about, home skillet?

Anyway Comment and Subscribe!
Also if you want to read, comment, and subscribe to Summer Skin and/or Scout's Honor
that would be very, very much welcomed. =D

HAPPY NEW YEAR!