We Signed Our Life Away

007

I woke up with what could’ve been classed as a hangover if I were drunk. My head was pounding and when I stood up, the floor spun beneath me. I refused to look in the mirror as I passed it on the way to the bathroom. I would probably die of shock if I saw myself but I could imagine. Puffy, red eyes, birds nest style hair and stained clothes.

After a soothing shower, I decided to skip breakfast and go for a walk to clear my rioting mind. Slipping on my jacket and scarf, I stepped outside into the frosty morning air. The grass outside my house crunched underfoot, signalling that winter was fast approaching.

My feet took my to the tree where Oliver kissed me, not surprisingly. I looked up to the branches where we sat and talked. The memories rushed back and I felt myself get a headache.

“Bloody men,” I mumbled, walking away from the tree as fast as my short legs would allow.

The problem when I go walking is that I don’t pay attention to where I am walking. And we all know what happens when you don’t pay attention to what you’re doing. When I looked up, I was honestly surprised about where me feet had taken me. Oliver Sykes’ house.

I found my eyes travelling up to Oliver’s bedroom window. The curtains were still closed but I had a feeling that he was awake. Watching me, somehow. As I turned away from his house to mine, I heard my name being called and my fears coming to life.

“Hey! Parker!”

“Sod off Oliver,” I murmured, shoving my hands in my pockets and stalking across the road.

“Parker! What’s wrong?” Oliver yelled, catching up with me and walking by my side.

“What’s wrong? Nothing, nothing at all,” I replied sarcastically.

“Parker, Jesus. What’s fuckin’ wrong?” he pleaded, tugging jacket sleeve.

“Oh, Oliver. Stop being such a fag,” I spoke, pushing his hand away as I crossed the road.

“Since when did you call me Oliver?” he frowned, following me with fast steps.

“Since I saw you giving some slut CPR,” I spat before shutting the door in his face.

I felt… powerful when I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. Although I hadn’t told Oliver how I really felt and why, he’d gotten the gist of why. When I reached my room, I walked across to the window and looked out. Staring back at me Oliver Sykes. Hand hanging limply by his sides and a perfect pout on his face.

“I know you can see me, Parker,” he shouted.

“No shit,” I yelled back to him before pulling down the blinds and lying on my bed.

“I need a fucking nap,” I yawned before falling into a deep slumber, fully clothed and at eleven in the morning.

I woke up to a soft tapping sound against my bedroom window. Yawning and stretching, I sat up until all dizziness had evaporated. I made my way over to my window and what I saw didn’t exactly shock me. Oliver Sykes, sitting on the grass outside my house and throwing rocks at my window. How cliché. I decided it was best just to get it over and done with so I opened the window.

“Parker, finally! You’ve been sleeping for hours,” he yelled, standing up.

“What can I say? I had a late night,” I shrugged. “What do you want?”

“To come inside and talk to you,” he said.

“Fine. You’re damn lucky I had that sleeping otherwise I’d be chucking things much bigger than rocks down at you,” I stated before slamming shut my window and dashing downstairs to open the door for Oliver.

“Oliver,” I nodded as I opened the door for him.

“Why don’t you call me Oli any more?” he asked as I shut the door behind him.

“Because. Your name is Oliver and I’m not in the mood to call you what you want to be called right now,” I said as I walked back up the stairs to my bedroom, Oliver in tow.

“Well… I’ll just have to call you Parker Blue then,” he said matter-of-factly.

“Go ahead. I don’t really give a flying fuck, Oliver.”

By this time we were standing in my room, facing each other with our arms folded. Hatred was radiating off of each us, both for different reasons. I found myself narrowing my eyes, both of us competing in an unofficial staring contest.

“Are you going to tell me so we can get back to where we were? Or are you just going to stare at me like a dumb fuck?” Oliver spat.

“Oh, but I’ve already told you,” I smirked.

“Well… I wasn’t listening so say it again.”

“Say please,” I spoke, enjoying the effect my words were having.

“Fuck you.”

“No manners, no info.”

“Ugh, fuck it. Please, darling Parker,” he said, sarcasm dripping off every word.

“That’s more like it,” I smiled. “Well, I was just leaving your house when I saw you. I was about to say bye to you, despite the fact you would have been piss drunk, when I saw you attached to some whores lips.

“I must say, I did get a bit of a shock, Oliver Sykes. I know that when you kissed me up in that tree it didn’t mean too much but I would’ve thought it was enough to keep you from giving sluts CPR for a few days at the least.”

Oliver looked speechless. His mouth was hanging open like a goldfish, helpless. I wasn’t one to put things lightly. The truth and nothing but was what I gave and I counted Oliver lucky. He certainly hadn’t had a full-blown attack of words from me. Yet.

Oliver’s mouth continued to open and closed, at a complete loss for words. I only felt a small amount of pity for him; I could tell in his eyes that he was not only embarrassed, but also remorseful.

“Yes Oliver? You going to repent?Confess your sins?” I asked as his mouth opened, ready to form a word but jutted closed once more.

“Fuck… sorry just won’t cut it,” he frowned. “But Parker, please. I really am sorry. You know how people get when they’re drunk and… and that kiss, with you. It wasn’t like it was ‘binding’ us together or anything, as boyfriend and girlfriend, all that shit. And I get where you’re coming from but you have to understand, I’m a teenage guy with nothing holding me down. As I said before. I don’t have to stay… faithful to you because we aren’t in a relationship. Do you get where I am coming from?”

Oliver Sykes. Saying sorry. My lord that has to be a first. But I had to be serious. I knew exactly where he was coming from. My smirk turned into a frown.

“Hug?” I asked, reaching my arms out.

Oliver just chuckled before embracing me in is warm arms. Squeezing me lightly. “Apology accepted,” I smiled into his arm. “I apologise for being such a cow about it all but I was really… puzzled when you kissed me and then I saw you kissing that girl.”

“It was my fault. I tend to mess people about. Give them false hope… make them expect more than I’m willing to give. Oh fuck. I sound like…”

“Oliver Sykes with feelings?” I offered.

“Sure. Just don’t tell anyone that I’m actually smart,” he chuckled.

“Smart? Or just a word smith when you want to be?”

“How about we just settle with smart, no?”

“Sure,” I grinned, pulling away from him.

We stood there, once again, staring at each other but not in anger. In amazement that we could both be such babies. I couldn’t help but smile. We were so childish.

“Well, I best be off. Curtis may need some help getting home,” Oli grinned cheekily.

“Ha-ha. You need some help?”

“It’d be appreciated,” he said.

“To Curtis,” I smiled, making my way out of my room.

“To Curtis,” Oli copied, following me.
♠ ♠ ♠
aha, finally (:
sorry about that. my laptop got updated and i lost everything.
including all my photos *sigh*