I'd Do Anything For A Smile

Say Goodbye

As I stood on the deck, feeling the cool morning breeze, I sipped some of my coffee and closed my eyes, thinking of all the things that could happen. What will I do if he never comes back home? How will I raise this baby on my own? I felt his arms wrap around my stomach.

“What are you thinking about?” he whispered as he kissed my cheek.

Putting my hands on his, I sighed, “Nothing” and then placed my mug on the hand rail and turned to face him. I put my arms loosely around his neck and stared into his eyes with a weak smile on my face.

“I’m going to be ok, Lyndsey, don’t worry”

“Don’t worry?” I mumbled. He didn’t understand how I was feeling and that’s what bothered me. I let my hands fall from his neck “You are leaving me, Michael, to go fight across the country and you don’t want me to worry?” I felt a tear slip down my cheek and whispered, “What happens if you never come back?”

He wiped the tear away with his thumb and then tucked some of my short brown hair behind my ear. He pulled me into a hug and started rubbing my back “Every thing is going to be ok”

I shook my head “You don’t know that”

“Come on Lynds, don’t think like that, everything will be ok”

“Promise?”

“Yeah baby, I promise” he leaned down and kissed me.

After 10 minutes of being in his arms in silence, we let go of each other because it was time for me to drop him off at the airport. I had a feeling I was soon going to regret this.

Giving me one last kiss, he whispered in my ear “I love you Lyndsey, so much” he hugged me tight “be strong for me”

I let silent tears fall from my eyes. No matter how much I didn’t want him to go I know I had to, “I love you too Michael” my voice cracked. He let go of me and held my face in his hand for the last time. He turned around and disappeared behind the doors to the plane. I exhaled deeply and turned around and started walking to the parking lot.

Entering my SUV, I buckled my seat belt and stared out the windshield. As I gripped the steering wheel, tears found their way to my eyes once again. He’s going to be ok; there is no need to cry.

Come on Evans, hold yourself together.

Slipping the key into the ignition, I pulled out of the parking lot and started heading home. So many thoughts were running through my head. Stopping at a red light, I rubbed my flat stomach “Don’t worry baby, daddy will be home soon, I promise”
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW STORY!!!

Comments???

Check out her stories!!! ShaleseRayEenThey are real good!!

-K