Power, Passion, Betrayal, It's All in the Family

Years may go by but I'll always love you

Whoever forsakes the old way for the new knows what he is losing, but not what he will find - Sicilian Proverb

Our wedding day had come and gone quickly and son enough my belly had grown to the nine month stage of pregnancy. Michael and the others were so happy that I'd be bringing a new Corleone into the family. Michael promised me the child would have good life one that didn't involve this business.

"You know Adriana if my father wants me to go into the business I promise you I'll try to make the Corleone family legit," he said sounding very serious.

"You know I do not doubt you Mike," I replied sitting down exhausted, he placed a hand on my stomach.

"I can not wait for our child to be born," he said smugly.

"Another week give or take a few days Michael. Have you thought of a name?" I asked

"How about Anthony if you're having a boy."

"Sounds fantastic Michael," I said smiling at him.

Then at that exact moment my water broke and I was rushed with waves of intense pain. I felt Mike grab my hand and lead me to the car and then felt the car rushing forward. With what felt like hours we finally made it to the hospital and to a room in which a doctor rushed in. I noticed Mike head to the phone most likely to call the family to tell them I was in labor. Twelve grueling hours later the miracle that was Anthony Corleone was born, I may have been exhausted but I was happy. I looked at Michael who was very content as was the family that was there.

Michael hardly left my side over the next few days which I was kind of grateful for. Anthony was a quiet baby so far which I was very thankful, the doctors said we'd be very lucky parents if he stayed that way. On the last day I was finally let go I couldn't wait to take a shower and then give Anthony a little bath. Needless to say he was crying the whole time. The first few months had some semi sleepless nights in which Michael and I took turns in going to check on our son. The three of us were going to become a great family I could feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this one is very short I promise I will try to make the next one longer. The next chapter will take place in 1952 so Anthony will be turning a whole one year old. This chapter was added just to go along with the actual book / movie.